[2.5] HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int./ CI 1000+ int./Pure life variant [SC/HC]

please tell me, it looks like a passive tree at level 50?
I'm doing a CI build with those claws, I don't understand where the damage difference is coming from between our Blade Flurry. I'm at 4895 dps with auras on in hideout. I have 908 int which is higher than yours, so the answer isn't that I simply don't have enough int. I must be missing something.
"
Morokei222 wrote:
please tell me, it looks like a passive tree at level 50?

www.poeurl.com/Wlq something like this - you need to respec some nodes later.

"
I'm doing a CI build with those claws, I don't understand where the damage difference is coming from between our Blade Flurry. I'm at 4895 dps with auras on in hideout. I have 908 int which is higher than yours, so the answer isn't that I simply don't have enough int. I must be missing something.

I have 6L right now so - I use Added light damage support gem. What Chance of hit(acc rating) do you have?
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450
Last edited by Damac0101 on Dec 17, 2016, 8:40:35 PM
"
I have 6L right now so - I use Added light damage support gem. What Chance of hit(acc rating) do you have?

Ok I got myself a 6L, with added lightning it's 6.3k. My chance to hit is only 80%. Perhaps the attack speed difference (you have a ton of attack speed compared to me) and the accuracy is the main factor.
Last edited by ChadCWizzyWarden on Dec 17, 2016, 9:28:45 PM
I've been messing with this build the last few days, playing your CI damage-focused tree. I think this this is a much more optimized version of it (level 85):
www.poeurl.com/Wnc

With this tree you basically trade the Elementalist node (12% all res, 5% chance to freeze/shock/ignite) and 15% increased area radius for something like 20% more damage. IMO the build has enough area radius without it. Also, I'm hoping that you just didn't notice all of the efficient elemental stuff in the Shadow/Witch areas and that I'm not missing something crucial.

From there I also mapped out this build (level 92) which avoids the entire bottom part of the tree for even more damage (30%+ more compared to the previous tree.)
www.poeurl.com/Wnh

You do drop from ~2.8% life leech to just 0.4% with this version unfortunately (not including life per hit from claws). I still need to find out how much leech this build needs but you could always make it up with gear I guess. If anything, this version may be a higher potential build that is difficult to gear for.

I also noticed at this point that you could play this as Trickster, which makes you trade off a bunch of attack speed from the Raider tree in exchange for the various utility things in the Trickster tree. The biggest benefit to this is +250 ES which ends up being something like 1500 ES due to the crazy amount of bonus ES from intelligence. You also save 5 passive points which makes it easier to get going. I'm not totally sure how it compares to Raider's damage but it could be something worth trying.
Last edited by riokou on Dec 18, 2016, 1:37:21 AM
"
You do drop from ~2.8% life leech to just 0.4% with this version unfortunately (not including life per hit from claws). I still need to find out how much leech this build needs but you could always make it up with gear I guess.

That .4% leech is from blood drinker, which is physical attack damage leeched as life, which we don't have with this build. Vitality void leech wheel is simply attack damage leeched as life, so works with our lightning damage. So you basically have no leech from the tree and won't leech without boot enchant or warlord's mark. Also does the life gained on hit from claws get converted to ES on hit with Ghost Reaver or not?
GG build. And want to say thanks. CI route with 12k es, and just shy of 8k dmg in h/o at lvl 90.... This build is wicked. Thanks for sharing it.
I've recently come across some money, and really want to try this build. I only play Hardcore because that's where everyone else I play with plays. How well does this build do defensively? I think I would be most interested in the CI tree due to the innate benefit of intelligence, but it seems like the path is very suboptimal due to how far Unwavering is, which brings up a few questions.

1. How soon should you have Unwavering stance over other important nodes?

2. How many deaths do you have on your character atm, and what were the killers?

This build looks really cool, thank you!
"
Vortekxy wrote:
I've recently come across some money, and really want to try this build. I only play Hardcore because that's where everyone else I play with plays. How well does this build do defensively? I think I would be most interested in the CI tree due to the innate benefit of intelligence, but it seems like the path is very suboptimal due to how far Unwavering is, which brings up a few questions.

1. How soon should you have Unwavering stance over other important nodes?

2. How many deaths do you have on your character atm, and what were the killers?

This build looks really cool, thank you!

U don't need unwavering stance as CI. Or Valyrium. Not to highjack OP's thread. But I simply run a Kiara's flask and honestly my flask management sucks and don't die to stuns. Just be mindful of the packs you are encountering. Biggest issue I have had with stuns. Maybe yesterday 2 times in a breachstone. Other than that regular mapping is fine. My dps in h/o on CI is now 8500 almost with 12,200 es and over 1000 int.
"
Skitzofreniks wrote:
U don't need unwavering stance as CI. Or Valyrium. Not to highjack OP's thread. But I simply run a Kiara's flask and honestly my flask management sucks and don't die to stuns. Just be mindful of the packs you are encountering. Biggest issue I have had with stuns. Maybe yesterday 2 times in a breachstone. Other than that regular mapping is fine. My dps in h/o on CI is now 8500 almost with 12,200 es and over 1000 int.

So paying attention and being a little bit more careful should make this build completely fine in Hardcore? I'm not too sure how close to your results I'll be able to get, as I'm on a 340c~ budget and I have no idea how expensive CI builds can get, but I've been told that they get very very expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info