RIP alt art Cloak of flame

The person who paid for it, said there will be small changes incoming to the alt art version. They just wanted to get it into the game sooner than later.

Also you posted a really crappy pic that doesn't do it justice.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Nov 17, 2016, 12:01:53 PM
how to disable it
"
lexakek wrote:
how to disable it

Disable what?
U MAD?
I never understood the point of racing for alt art uniques if you can only use them for one league and then never again.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
"
Commoble wrote:
I never understood the point of racing for alt art uniques if you can only use them for one league and then never again.

You see there's this thing called STANDARD, that some people actually choose to play. Some people play it when they don't particularly like the league. Some people play it when they feel like playing an old build, with a character they already had and wanted to "finish", or minmax. Some people just don't like starting over.

So in Standard...Alt Art can be a nice finishing touch for a character. When you really love a build, and you go all out, testing all the variants, classes, ascendancies, tree pathing, and you've minmaxed it 100% with amazing gear...Making that perfect, much loved character look amazing is a nice cherry on top.

It's not for everyone. But then, if it was, a lot of people would be unhappy with how few Alt Art Cloaks there are in the game, and other such rare, cool 3D art items.

- Sheepster
I like the alt art more
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
"
Reinhart wrote:
The person who paid for it, said there will be small changes incoming to the alt art version. They just wanted to get it into the game sooner than later.

Also you posted a really crappy pic that doesn't do it justice.

Yes, they will be updating the art at some point, to be more cloak-like with new physics, update graphics and such. Also the flames that come from the cloak will be a different color, I haven't decided yet. Blueish flames seem cool.

I'm glad they finally updated the regular one with 3D - it's such a cool item imo. Wish it would get a unique update like all the other stuff in 2.6, oh well.

I'm probably biased, but I think the alt-art version looks better. Especially the updated one when it gets added.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Mar 2, 2017, 11:07:27 AM
Man, I like the alt-art Cloak of Flame, color and all! ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Man, I like the alt-art Cloak of Flame, color and all! ='[.]'=

Thanks! It's not set in stone yet that the flame color would change, just something that we discussed. On the 2D art, you can see the back of the cloak has a blueish tinge on the left side, so I thought that it would be cool maybe. But redish might be cool too! Or maybe it just stays orange :)
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Commoble wrote:

You see there's this thing called STANDARD, that some people actually choose to play. Some people play it when they don't particularly like the league. Some people play it when they feel like playing an old build, with a character they already had and wanted to "finish", or minmax. Some people just don't like starting over.

So in Standard...Alt Art can be a nice finishing touch for a character. When you really love a build, and you go all out, testing all the variants, classes, ascendancies, tree pathing, and you've minmaxed it 100% with amazing gear...Making that perfect, much loved character look amazing is a nice cherry on top.

It's not for everyone. But then, if it was, a lot of people would be unhappy with how few Alt Art Cloaks there are in the game, and other such rare, cool 3D art items.

lies standard is a myth propagated by the mainstream media, trump told me so
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info