[2.3] ~AhfackNoPants~ DoT Vortex ~ Blood Magic Guardian [RIP] No longer Active

Ahfack, Saffell's frame increases chaos res up to 80%, but yea, it's the same slot rDoT mod would be in.

"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:
isn't t value = pvp reduction?

PvP reduction is applied to all skills dealing hits (even new ones I think). The T is the cast/attack time of the skill, which is one component of the formula. Some skills have just a percent damage reduction. Some skills have override T values because with the attack/cast time people actually using it, the skills would be inbalanced.

DoT skills which do not scale damage off an initial hit (which would be affected by the formula at the hit dealt), but instead have a "flat" DoT amount are also given override T values to be balanced, and this is what Vortex is missing (possibly essence drain too because it's new? anyone can confirm?).

The problem with new non-DoT skills that people usually complain about (BV, Blast rain, etc) is not that they are completely missing going through the reduction formula, but that they are mechanically special. Take BV and a simple old skill for example like EK. Let's assume they both deal the same X damage, and they both have a cast time of 1 second. Calculating the reduced damage for PvP would use the 1 second and X damage in both cases, so they would deal the same damage with each hit, BUT EK deals only one hit per cast, and BV has a duration of base 5 seconds, so it can deal 5X damage per cast, and even more with increased duration, this is why it needs balance.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Jul 15, 2016, 12:59:07 PM
"
Márkusz wrote:
Ahfack, Saffell's frame increases chaos res up to 80%, but yea, it's the same slot rDoT mod would be in.

"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:

PvP reduction is applied to all skills dealing hits (even new ones I think). The T is the cast/attack time of the skill, which is one component of the formula. Some skills have just a percent damage reduction. Some skills have override T values because with the attack/cast time people actually using it, the skills would be inbalanced.

DoT skills which do not scale damage off an initial hit (which would be affected by the formula at the hit dealt), but instead have a "flat" DoT amount are also given override T values to be balanced, and this is what Vortex is missing (possibly essence drain too because it's new? anyone can confirm?).

The problem with new non-DoT skills that people usually complain about (BV, Blast rain, etc) is not that they are completely missing going through the reduction formula, but that they are mechanically special. Take BV and a simple old skill for example like EK. Let's assume they both deal the same X damage, and they both have a cast time of 1 second. Calculating the reduced damage for PvP would use the 1 second and X damage in both cases, so they would deal the same damage with each hit, BUT EK deals only one hit per cast, and BV has a duration of base 5 seconds, so it can deal 5X damage per cast, and even more with increased duration, this is why it needs balance.

Isn't Tvalue = Pvp reduction in the first place?

Dot itself has no tvalue / many defensive counter messures, as in that's why ingite and degen is so strong.

I don't think there's such thing as pvp reduction including new or old skills, all pvp reduction is based via t values right?

Although I somewhat remember flicker / cyclone having a damage reduction, I can't recall whether it's classed as, T value, or Pvp reduction.

Tvalue does not effect basic PVE damage, and only effects pvp, thus named as "pvp reduction"

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Player_versus_player Seems like All pvp damage reduction is actually Tvalue base, as in, there's no separate classification for "pvp damage scaling", rather it's all "Tvalue".

Right?

e/

Unless you mean Reckoning: "40% less damage in PvP." classing that as a pvp damage reduction, but not Tvalues? Wording technically really, all they do is scale pvp damage overall.

e/
I think I understand why Ice said now, Minnion's are considered "Pve" in a pvp environment, thus no reduction is applied, however, these skills has no Tvalue, nor flat pvp damage reduction in the first place, thus even if they had Tvalues / pvp reduction's in place, its insignificant.

TLDR

Tvalue = hits / spells, that calculate speed,
Dots/ aoe has a Less damage inplace, as a flat reduction.

However in content, minions / being PVE bypass pvp reduction is wrong, as they do not have reduction / tvalue in the first place.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Jul 15, 2016, 3:07:21 PM
Chopped the vid and added some music:

https://youtu.be/KWQf02AI3U4
2min in sarn w/ music

Upvote my post and original comment please! Thanks!
https://redd.it/4t0tb5
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Lib, just what you linked, at the bottom there are T value exception settings for some pure DoT skills, so the pvp reduction formula can work on them, as they didn't have T values originally.

PvP reduction is a formula of 2 variables, the T value is the attack or cast time and D is the damage, and both are needed to the reduction to work, so to answer your question, it kinda can be said that yes T value is pvp reduction as without it the formula can't work.

To your second question, no, not all pvp reduction is based on T values, because the reduction formula using the T value is a thing done to every single skill (or should be in a perfect patched world), and some skills need further adjustments, those are listed right there as percentage modifiers (eg Fireball: 5% more damage in PvP.).

To further complicate this lesson, it is worthy to mention as I got to know by GGG when making my calculator, the listed separate percentage reductions are done after the general reduction formula, so their effect is much stronger than the modifiers the player have ingame as Less and More.

Edit: It's Markusz here, just forgot I was logged on with my friend's account.
Last edited by Sipczi on Jul 15, 2016, 5:01:48 PM
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:

In the case of summons, the pvp damage formula doesn't aply at all. it's like you are getting hit by monster but with the power of the skill tree, gear and 6L behind.
"
Sipczi wrote:
Lib, just what you linked, at the bottom there are T value exception settings for some pure DoT skills, so the pvp reduction formula can work on them, as they didn't have T values originally.

PvP reduction is a formula of 2 variables, the T value is the attack or cast time and D is the damage, and both are needed to the reduction to work, so to answer your question, it kinda can be said that yes T value is pvp reduction as without it the formula can't work.

To your second question, no, not all pvp reduction is based on T values, because the reduction formula using the T value is a thing done to every single skill (or should be in a perfect patched world), and some skills need further adjustments, those are listed right there as percentage modifiers (eg Fireball: 5% more damage in PvP.).

To further complicate this lesson, it is worthy to mention as I got to know by GGG when making my calculator, the listed separate percentage reductions are done after the general reduction formula, so their effect is much stronger than the modifiers the player have ingame as Less and More.

Edit: It's Markusz here, just forgot I was logged on with my friend's account.

"
IceDeal wrote:
"
1Tokimeki2003 wrote:

In the case of summons, the pvp damage formula doesn't aply at all. it's like you are getting hit by monster but with the power of the skill tree, gear and 6L behind.

I don't play Summoners for good reason :3

"Ground Fire: Fire Damage Per Minute scaled with an assumed T of 24.0 seconds.
Desecrated Ground: Chaos Damage Per Minute scaled with an assumed T of 24.0 seconds.
Poison Cloud: Chaos Damage Per Minute scaled with an assumed T of 24.0 seconds."

Ah, I see what you mean now, This is all very convoluted and confusing to say the least, Thanks for guiding me though this, I'm simply trying to figure out and better myself with PVP calculations, it's been rather educational.

Although, That said, I don't see how on earth, how other lesser dedicated players, figuring out these kind of formulas.

That being said, Apart from the chaos clouds, I don't see any mention of summons, golems etc.
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Jul 15, 2016, 5:26:27 PM
Your reddit post is on popupar, congrats. I can't wait for more of this to polute pvp even more.
Maybe GGG will see it and then they'll nerf it avdsvdgascfxdvashdalololoLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Hahahaha, well if they address T values then this one should get a pretty good nerf, and it's not amazing in pve tbh. Like someone said before it's not hyper-clear speed meta so the kids won't care. Also as previously mentioned in this thread, ToH/Aegis/Purity of Ice work pretty well against it since it doesn't pen, although not everyone can wear aegis. I'm riding that 'fuck the world' train right now. With builds like HoT and other grand spectrum-builds in the works I just don't care, let's throw gas on the fire and see what happens :D

Spoiler
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 15, 2016, 6:31:29 PM
"
Hahahaha, well if they address T values then this one should get a pretty good nerf, and it's not amazing in pvp. Like someone said before it's not hyper-clear speed meta so the kids won't care. Also as previously mentioned in this thread, ToH/Aegis/Purity of Ice work pretty well against it since it doesn't pen, although not everyone can wear aegis. I'm riding that 'fuck the world' train right now. With builds like HoT and other grand spectrum-builds in the works I just don't care, let's throw gas on the fire and see what happens :D

Spoiler

Welcome, to the dark side.

Degen bypass aegis right? Sapphire be better than ToH?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info