Please, Fix Labyrinth Timer

I know it's been said that it's not an easy fix to properly address this. I also don't know if it's been suggested yet but:

If it's based off timestamps. You could create new Timestamps when you click Lab exit/entrances, and then another timestamp after zone loading completes; then subtract the time from total. That doesn't seem like you'd be changing much programmatically (adding the new timestamps and the calculation for the time difference). I don't know how involved your timestamp code is.

Well, i don't want to win a computer benchmark, not that kind of fake harcore player. Let's hope this can be adressed soon(ish).

At least there's still plenty of stuff to do :)
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
I find that it counds Izaro kill speed pretty disturbing as well. Overgeared meta builds will always win like this.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:
Apparently I wasn't clear enough.

It isn't trivial. It cannot be done in just a new minutes. It isn't a super long and complicated process either, we just have a lot other stuff on our plate right now.

Please be patient. Thank you.

That makes it seem like you intentionally released a product you knew wasn't to the best of your abilities. There was a lot of design consideration that went into making the lab compatible with racing, probably at the expense of some other features or functionality that could have benefited the lab, so why half ass the final product?

Confused... What of any of their product isn't half-assed? My void battery looks killer on the image, a claw holding a crystal ball, but then I'm just standing there with a stupid, ugly stick in my hand.

It is quite funny, and by funny I mean sad, that they base the entire content around a race, aka the time, then have such a major flaw in the time and it's not priority.
"
Raudram wrote:
I find that it counds Izaro kill speed pretty disturbing as well. Overgeared meta builds will always win like this.

This is an interesting concern.

On one hand, the current implementation does heavily favor builds that can output massive amounts of damage in a short amount of time (so much so that these sorts of builds will win every time). The ideal build for doing these runs would be some kind of dagger-based crit miner that just one-shots Izaro as soon as he can be hit. The way to win these races is to cheese the lab. That's just sad to me.

On the other hand, where's the challenge in lab runs outside of killing Izaro? The traps can just be skipped mostly, and the rest of the lab is just using leap slam or whirling blades. It'll just be a test of who can get the fastest whirling blades setup.

All in all, I'm incredibly disappointed with the labyrinth leaderboards. They seem to have failed on all counts:

-loading screens are counted into time (yes this is being fixed, but it's still a problem)
-rewards are crap
-only the 1st place person gets any sort of reward
-leaderboards are only accessible on the website
-no way to see your time in-game
-no way to see your place in-game
-it's mostly a gear/build check, with some movement skill usage tests
Honestly, Izaro is pretty easy anyway and almost every build can deal with him. The only layer is his HP bar. This is why counting the kill time just makes it all much worse since some people can just disregard the fight's mechanics entirely by killing him on spawn.
Even if I wanted to compete (I really don't since there are no incentives), I simply couldn't due to this issue. From my own experience and talking to my friends, we spend an average of at least 3-4 minutes between all Izaro's stages. Which is funnily enough the total run time of those top guys since they kill him as soon as he spawns.

Ideally, the map's layout should be changed so you can't skip whole portions with movement skills and can't use them over traps either, Izaro's and loading screen times wouldn't be counted, etc.

Which is really too much work and can never be balanced anyway. I just think that the ranking is overall a bad and half-assed idea that doesn't accomplish anything and doesn't even work properly.

You know what could have been nice instead of this trainwreck? The rumored hard/high level mode of the labyrinth, with Izaro dropping those special jewels.
Last edited by Raudram on Apr 19, 2016, 9:13:22 PM
"
Rhys wrote:
I understand your frustration and sympathize, but the problem is that such a fix is not easy, not fast, and not cheap.

Behind the scenes, there is no timer. Just a couple of time-stamps. We already went with the "easy, fast, cheap" solution. Making it track in-game time across multiple servers is much harder. It would be nice, yes, but unfortunately it's actually quite a lot of work. Sorry.

Then this shouldn't be a race.

I would have loved to do this too, but sadly my laptop automaticly disqualifies me.

Or it should be a race, but not prized as it is now.

I'm sure you guys can change something about the prize, right?
IGN: Teeborg
"
Rhys wrote:
I understand your frustration and sympathize, but the problem is that such a fix is not easy, not fast, and not cheap.

Behind the scenes, there is no timer. Just a couple of time-stamps. We already went with the "easy, fast, cheap" solution. Making it track in-game time across multiple servers is much harder. It would be nice, yes, but unfortunately it's actually quite a lot of work. Sorry.

How hard would it be just to add some more timestamps? Timestamp when server says you clicked on the door, timestamp again when server says the grace period ends.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
How many times per day does the labyrinth get run... then multiply that by however many timestamps are required... then you'd have to have the timer access each of those...
"
Rhys wrote:

That's actually not a acceptable answer. If I sold a product with certaint qualities, and some of these werent present until 1 months+ after his purchase, and on top of that did not deliver what it is supposed to, I would not get paid, and most likely lost the customer.

You sold a expansion trough supporter packs, and what was listed as a part of the league hasnt been delivered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info