Please, Fix Labyrinth Timer

"
Rhys wrote:
Apparently I wasn't clear enough.

It isn't trivial. It cannot be done in just a new minutes. It isn't a super long and complicated process either, we just have a lot other stuff on our plate right now.

Please be patient. Thank you.

That makes it seem like you intentionally released a product you knew wasn't to the best of your abilities. There was a lot of design consideration that went into making the lab compatible with racing, probably at the expense of some other features or functionality that could have benefited the lab, so why half ass the final product?
Not to be a downer, but I'm not holding my breath on any changes/fixes in the near future... the number of features/improvements/upgrades that GGG would like to add/implement to the game seems to get longer every day... it isn't getting shorter... there's always something more important on the horizon... generally something more likely to increase/retain the playerbase by their metric...

If you're not already, --nosound does wonders for load times, and the lab is the only time I'm willing to use it to the detriment of my lootfilter... on Crucial M4 128GB SSD, with 6Mbps down/1Mbps up U-Verse... my load times are pretty quick except that outdoor zone... and I can clear the zones in 18-36 seconds, boss takes 32-36 seconds phases 1-2 if he doesn't bug out and make me wait for all 3 platforms to raise... best clear time of 5:14... nowhere near the 3 minute records, but not bad for just 2x chemist's quicksilver flasks of adrenaline and blink arrow
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:
Apparently I wasn't clear enough.

It isn't trivial. It cannot be done in just a new minutes. It isn't a super long and complicated process either, we just have a lot other stuff on our plate right now.

Please be patient. Thank you.

That makes it seem like you intentionally released a product you knew wasn't to the best of your abilities. There was a lot of design consideration that went into making the lab compatible with racing, probably at the expense of some other features or functionality that could have benefited the lab, so why half ass the final product?

imho it was chris who promised the feature to the reddit crowd to be released in the next week after his announcement. probably put alot of pressure on devs and is the reason of rhys (imho rather aggressive) undertone.

as a programmer chris should know that provisional solutions are the death to every software project that's not "fire & forget" or "fire and charge the customer for fixes".
so much for returning the return of lecturing each other how things should be done :-)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I don't really see the problem. People don't enter car races then complain their car is weaker.
"
Duanefrogz wrote:
I don't really see the problem. People don't enter car races then complain their car is weaker.

Pretty sure car races have more stringent entry requirements than:

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: x86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 8 GB available space

(taken from Steam Store page)

At least in a car race, every car has a chance of winning, barring user error... not so much with the lab...
"
vio wrote:

imho it was chris who promised the feature to the reddit crowd to be released in the next week after his announcement. probably put alot of pressure on devs and is the reason of rhys (imho rather aggressive) undertone.

as a programmer chris should know that provisional solutions are the death to every software project that's not "fire & forget" or "fire and charge the customer for fixes".
so much for returning the return of lecturing each other how things should be done :-)

Ah I wasn't aware of that.
I dont think its really that much of an issue to be honest, my PoE isn't even installed on my SSD and it still only takes a second or 2 at most for the next zone to load while inside the labyrinth. I think you may need to upgrade a few of your computer components if its taking you 5+ seconds in between loading screens :|
lmao

I was thinking last day....hey now that there is a ladder and some timer, why not doing a run or two? Then I told to myself...I know GGG for years and I know how bad they code their stuff, I'm pretty sure they will include that long ass loading in the timer! So I didnt tried the lab.

I was actually right haha

GGG and dat code lol. gl guys
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
Lmao lil babbies don't have SSDs.
If you have 16go of ram (pretty common those days), look up Ram Disk on the internet.

What id does is using your ram to create a virtual ultra fast memory storage unit on your computer using your unused ram. Then just install your poe folder on it and th performance should be on another level.

PoE is a 32 bit software so you just need 4go of ram for it and maybe 3/4 for your OS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info