Controlled Destruction gem - a huge design oversight?

One more good reason to have Controlled Destruction support Attacks: Currently, CoC users can toss this into their 6L and, since CD doesn't support their attack, it's a completely free damage boost. Take that, mana cost multipliers.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
One more good reason to have Controlled Destruction support Attacks: Currently, CoC users can toss this into their 6L and, since CD doesn't support their attack, it's a completely free damage boost. Take that, mana cost multipliers.

I like that line of thinking, help CoMK and hinder CoC in one swoop, I'll add that to the list.

"
One other thing I'd like to do to it is change the bonus to 'more hit damage' instead of more spell damage and I've got a few decent reasons for it.
- no reason for non-crit casters getting the boost and non-crit attackers getting the boot
- another good general support for minions, which aren't really suited for crit anyway
- essence drain has too many strong supports currently
- it would be awesome for CoMK builds, not many supports work on both attacks and spells
- but at the same time wouldn't be a free multiplier for CoC
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 21, 2016, 5:11:16 AM
Instead of reduced crit chance, what about reduced crit damage instead?

so +44% overall dmg
40% reduced critical damage multiplier or something

"
raics wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I like that line of thinking, help CoMK and hinder CoC in one swoop, I'll add that to the list.

"
One other thing I'd like to do to it is change the bonus to 'more hit damage' instead of more spell damage and I've got a few decent reasons for it.
- no reason for non-crit casters getting the boost and non-crit attackers getting the boot
- another good general support for minions, which aren't really suited for crit anyway
- essence drain has too many strong supports currently
- it would be awesome for CoMK builds, not many supports work on both attacks and spells
- but at the same time wouldn't be a free multiplier for CoC

I dunno that it hinders coc too much, pretty insignificant but good that it would have a slightly negative effect on probably the more pwoerful coc. Still not sold that any significant amount of coc builds would ever use the gem anyway, it doesnt make any sense over simply adding another whole spell.

If you changed it to work with attacks and spells, true the mana multiplier, but I would probably then start to actually use it on niche coc builds where you scale the attack and the spell. I dont think thats such a bad thing in all honesty, its a really niche and interesting area of builds that you rarely see.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

If you changed it to work with attacks and spells, true the mana multiplier, but I would probably then start to actually use it on niche coc builds where you scale the attack and the spell. I dont think thats such a bad thing in all honesty, its a really niche and interesting area of builds that you rarely see.

Well, if you're following along with Raics' suggestions anyway, he's also thinking that CD should have '100% less crit chance' or something to that extent to hardline the gem against crit, which would eliminate the possibility of using it with CoC (but not CoMK or Mjolnir).

I suppose with your thought of making crits simply deal no bonus damage it could work, but... i gotta say, i don't see a way that could reach viable output without massive wasted investments, you'd be better off using CoMK and carrying a Deadhand Talisman around to feed to bosses (although some bosses don't seem to be able to pick em up).
Last edited by Shppy on Jan 21, 2016, 1:14:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info