poe.trade is cheating

"
Boem wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
Can you site the source of that quote:

First line, i assume this counts as a quote of chris, or the company's vision as a whole non-the-less.

It's all pretty stupid.

"Don't bot in the game, but here have this wealth gaining method at it's edge that you can Bot at free will"

Ok.

Peace,

-Boem-

You have to look at it a bit differently, although I can see the similarities for sure.

Botting in game will net you various currency drops, ect ect. I'm not that experienced with bots in poe, but if they are like any other game they can loot stuff and pickup currency. Those are giving you a direct in game advantage AND currency, they are against the ToS. These are likely almost fully automated, except maybe trading to your "main" account.

The wealth gaining method outside the game doesn't interact within the game's client. In addition unless the tools are more sophisticated then I've heard so far, I don't believe it actually does the in-game client work for you. Its an important distinction, but ultimately you are correct people utilizing bots outside of the game does go against the "spirit" of the game, even if it technically ins't breaking the rules now.

I advocated for a similar in-game trading system to be put in place a while ago, I still support that. If it was in game then it would be against the ToS to utilize bots to find items for you. Semantics can be a bitch.

EDIT: also that whole post is a terrific read, so might insight into the game's design. Also Chaos Sphere, thought that was interesting :D
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Jan 14, 2016, 3:55:25 PM
Oh i'm not saying it does the in-game client thing for you.

What i am saying is that it does the out-game searching of relevant items for you.

The thing most regular players have to spend time on "not playing". Not to mention a person cannot compute the data at a rate a program can.

A normal player at any given time can either be

1) playing PoE

2) searching for deals on third party sites

Further more in 2) they can only be accessing a limited amount of information at any given point to process and make an "at that time" informed decision.

Somebody utilizing personal indexing software with automated searches can do 1) and 2) simultaneously. Further more he(read = his program) is able to do it a greater efficiency and with more data available.

It's like saying

"the regular player-base is trading utilizing letters as a form of delivery, while some are utilizing cell phones linked to satellites"

I don't mind an archaic trading functionality, as long as everybody is bound by that same archaic system.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
poe.trade isn't really cheating.

The people that commonly run bad deals generally taking advantage of the new players... that's another ethical thing. Such as horrible payout lottery's, and horrible ratio currency purchasing.

And these happen in real life, every day.

Then again, also in real life, if someone who is lazy is willing to buy an item at 3x the price, simply because it is convenient... well... that happens every day, and isn't generally seen as unethical.

Like buying a Coke in Disney World. Or even a ticket to get in. (After that ticket, shouldn't coke's be free?)

"
JazzPunk wrote:
As said poe.trade is cheating. I knew that GGG acepts this but it is cheating.

Why?
Reddit is cheating. It's not the official site, so any knowledge gained on it is cheating. Even though GGG condones using reddit.

Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
The class forums are cheating. If you don't make your builds yourself you're just as bad as a botting maphacking RMTer.
Spoiler
[/sarcasm]
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 14, 2016, 6:31:53 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Reddit is cheating. It's not the official site, so any knowledge gained on it is cheating. Even though GGG condones using reddit.

You didn't read the thread, did you? :)
GGG doesnt even have a tool to make buyer and seller meet each other online to trade.

take a simple one, u cant even track the seller online status nor when he typically online. Heck, u cant even send him a offline whisper to inform him u want his thing.

No feature or tools to assist buyer & seller to meet each other, but GGG want us to do that way = LOL, the most facepalm logic ever.
Last edited by Darkkrows on Jan 14, 2016, 9:09:22 PM
poe.trade should make millions. I turn off all adblock there. w/o them this game would be terrible. Ok in STD where I farmed almost 2 years of accumulations I can do pretty much anything but in ladder I'd be a lost puppy dog without poe.trade.

poe.trade search capabilities is even better than AH3 ever was.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 14, 2016, 11:07:37 PM
"
Mivo wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

You didn't read the thread, did you? :)
Of course I did. And my statement is just as absurd as saying using poe.trade is cheating.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info