Multiple Flicker Gems

what is the highest level?
This should absolutely be considered an exploit, and absolutely needs to be changed so that using a skill puts all gems for that skill on cooldown. There is already a mechanic in place for chaining Flicker-Strikes, it's called Frenzy Charges. The ability to flicker repeatedly is meant to be balanced by the requirement to spend some small duration of time in actual combat first.

People using this exploit are completely bypassing what is obviously the intended design. I'm not calling for waves of bans or anything, but they are bad people and they should feel bad.
Last edited by Geminel on Feb 21, 2013, 12:28:33 AM
you worry about flicker lol..
try fight casters in merciless pvp with - 60 resistance..
Just get the summon skeleton skill gem.
Problem solved...
"
Geminel wrote:
This should absolutely be considered an exploit, and absolutely needs to be changed so that using a skill puts all gems for that skill on cooldown. There is already a mechanic in place for chaining Flicker-Strikes, it's called Frenzy Charges. The ability to flicker repeatedly is meant to be balanced by the requirement to spend some small duration of time in actual combat first.

People using this exploit are completely bypassing what is obviously the intended design. I'm not calling for waves of bans or anything, but they are bad people and they should feel bad.

No, the current is the intended design, it might be op in pvp, but it's still the intended design and nobody is exploiting or bypassing anything by using it, even though it might be op in pvp. :)
Honestly speaking, it's an exploit in a moral sense, not in a punishing sense. Anything that gives unfair advantege over oponent should not be used by a fair player. Thats why there are many rules in many games, that allows to more or less balance strenghts of diferent build oponents. In same build games, like chess, basketball etc. there is no such problem cause same builds are playing against each other. But in games like this, where there is build diversity and they fight each other, there must be either insane balance work done by developers (which is very unlikely to happen unless game is heavily pvp oriented), or rules created by players for pvp. For example, in heroes 3, in tournaments, depending on a map, there are always some rules - like no necromancer castle, no op movment skills (like fly etc.).
So, if pvpers want really nice, growing and satisfying pvp, they have to either enthuse developers to balance pvp heavily, or create their own rules or something like that to make things more or less proper.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
I kind of agree with the guy above.

It's been that way in D2 forever.

There are GM duelers and BM duelers.

If someone wants to BM you, don't take it too seriously.
Chaining Flicker strike should be fixed . GG is too bad ,, it has been a long time and they haven't done anything to balance the game yet ...
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard
I'd go so far as to just say fffffffffforget this skill entirely. It isn't really of any use in campaign which makes it pretty much a pvp only skill. I'm pretty sure the only people that would cry about it are the losers that sit at lvl 28 using this build in a desperate attempt at boosting their ego.

This might be a bit overboard but I do think that it is undeniable that something needs to change with this skill.
in fact there is a some hc build that use flicker as main skill

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info