Multiple Flicker Gems

It is very unlikely uniques will get changed at this stage of the game, besides the unique maul is not a problem. You _can_ get a better weapon, same base type. Not saying it is easy, but since there is a level cap, if PvP gets popular you can expect people to show up with the most OP version of every base type gear/weapon close to the 28 level.

It is a lot easier to get the unique version though, but to move it out of the range would require the base item to be moved out of range, and this would leave 2H mace users with a lvl 22 base weapon.

Also remarks about "extremely good gear" are pointless, if you do not have extremely good gear, you will get destroyed no matter what.
200% phys dmg at lvl28 is unheard of. You can use that maul until lvl60. It's a no brainer, before I started pvping in lvl28 bracket, the first time I saw that maul in trade, I knew exactly what it's used for and why the going rate was so high.
IGN: gingerlala
I don't think the unique maul is the problem, it's just the best way to take advantage of the multiple flicker cooldowns. Its the easiest way to get a consistent, huge flicker hit and there is no good way to both out-dps them and survive longer if their gear is good (doesn't matter so much if your gear is good, as you need high hp/granites regardless and high block chance also helps). Having it be such high dps and nearly all physical makes it really hard to mitigate, too. They can start marauder and have this huge flicker dps while still having 1200+ health and good defenses.

If anyone has a build to beat a well-geared character like this, I'd be interested to hear about it, nothing I've seen is capable of taking such high, unavoidable dps while also doing enough damage.
A unique based build dominating 28 pvp isn't even the core problem with this. The bigger problem is that it invalidates archers/kiters completely in PvP. There is no way to maintain range against infinite flicker.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Feb 13, 2013, 8:27:51 AM
Ye!!! I saw it too. Thats absurd.

1º. or flicker have to use only with small weapons, like daggers, or have to put more DEX in the pre requisite. flicker seens an ability of agile fighters, like duelists and shadows. full plate mail marauder with it is ridiculous he he he

2º. same gems, so same couldown.

(sorry about my english)
loosing consistently to these Voll's guys... even with 1k dps dual strike (rmb) and 500 some dps viper (lmb) also running temp chains, bear trap, whirling blades and now molten shell just to have a chance, you will not beat a god tier geared 28 voll's user unless you get a lucky crit.

Best I have come out at this point is 3 wins to 5 and the asshole just stood still for the first one to guage my damage I think...
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Feb 15, 2013, 10:01:33 AM
I sometimes kill their leader YouGetPwned ot whatever his name is with my archer, but the only way I am able to do it is to outdps him with explosive arrows + high level poison arrow + traps + using walls and other objects to dissalow him to chain flicker, but if he uses a little brain, theres no chance, cause flicker strike damage is ~135% or so (+ physical damage passives and gear). Sometimes he, to make fun of others, just stands in one place and uses flickers without even running.
But in any case, with granite and good gear, I could take 3-5 hits instead of 2 that I am currently able to take, and then it would be possible to fight.
So, basicly the real issue here, in my eyes, is not nessesarily flicker being OP, but the way it works: it does not requare any skill from player cause it autoaims. If flicker strike autoaim was removed or it would just serve as a movement skill (not movement + huge damage together), I think it would be much better approach, cause now a player can use 5 flicker gems, and literraly autoaimngly crush anyone that does not have huge defense, and those who invest much in defense, loose much damage and cant outdps them. So, its kinda no escape situation.
In other words, to do well with flicker marauder you dont need very good gear/gaming skills, except unique maul, while with most of others builds to beat such marauder you need really good gear + gaming skills.
I also use similar character, but to make things more fair, I only use 1 flicker gem, but still, even with crap gear, any lvl 28 archer/mage I faced was 1-3 shoted.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
I cannot recall off the top of my head what level requirement enfeeble has on it however if it is usable it might be worthwhile to enfeeble said archers until you get in close enough to hit them then apply temp chains and go to town.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
In the past devs have commented on multiple flicker (or other) gems saying it is working as intended but that it may change in the future if needed for balance.

It does take up a lot of skill slots but in most cases it's so much better than any other choice that it doesn't matter.
It would be better to change the maul than flicker. It's cool having options like that on a marauder. Just does too much damage with that particular weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info