[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi

so I started playing your build a couple days ago, currently have 3 toon going, as i'm playing with friends aswell, so this Templar build is my solo build and I am loving it!

I only have around 35% block which is pretty low, I have max fire and lightening res and around 60% cold res.

My single Target dmg is GH with 103 dps, AoE is Molten Shield and GS about 60 dps i think, along with TS which has added lightening dmg support. I also have a melee splash gem but not really that big on it as GS does a good enough job.

I only use Molten Shield when against Bosses or really large groups, GS and GH do fine without it but Im will be lvling it more for end game and as a get out of trouble skill.

My gear isn't great as I am also self found, and im playing HC. I have Kill two of bandits so far and well must admit this build is very tanky and I haven't really had close to death moments even with some desync. Vaal will be a test as I have quite a bit of elemental dmg and I have only killed im on SC with a Bow Duelist which was a pain as I was full elemental.

My Gear.
Spoiler

Edit: When I get some more currency Ill try re-roll my chest and couple other Items, I found a pretty sweet shield but I need 60 dex and the shield has 32% block
Last edited by Karlash on May 26, 2013, 4:44:08 PM
"
Karlash wrote:
Hi

so I started playing your build a couple days ago, currently have 3 toon going, as i'm playing with friends aswell, so this Templar build is my solo build and I am loving it!

This sounds great! Glad you are enjoying. :)

Be sure to get every life node and gear upgrade you can before facing Vaal. Most important tip I can give is to circle around Vaal when you see his tentacle come up over his head for the smash. Don't run away from him, instead circle right around to his back, staying right next to him. The smash will then come down where you were standing when he started the smash animation. This technique becomes even more critical in Merciless.
awesome thanks for the Tip!
"
Sovyn wrote:
Most important tip I can give is to circle around Vaal when you see his tentacle come up over his head for the smash. Don't run away from him, instead circle right around to his back, staying right next to him. The smash will then come down where you were standing when he started the smash animation. This technique becomes even more critical in Merciless.

Even better just whirling blades straight through him.
"
"
Sovyn wrote:
Most important tip I can give is to circle around Vaal when you see his tentacle come up over his head for the smash. Don't run away from him, instead circle right around to his back, staying right next to him. The smash will then come down where you were standing when he started the smash animation. This technique becomes even more critical in Merciless.

Even better just whirling blades straight through him.

Good idea! Too bad I'll never darken Vaal's door again to try it out. :D
Another map today gave me two in return. *thumbs up* I did a map that had the "Area is inhabited by ranged monsters" property that would be difficult for other builds but easy with this one!
hey)

Thanks for the big topic about this template/build, I did a new templar today (my old has been hacked, lost almost everything... thanks chinese people). Anyway, I'll try this one as my old one wasn't very nicely done I think, and for the moment I'm lvl 15, self drop, will mostly play solo, and keep following your guide.

Also, I'll post some feedback later, maybe when I'll finish normal) but I hope I'll find every gems and auras I need for this build.

few months ago, my templar was running with 4/5 auras, vitality, armor aura, tempest shield and the one for elemental resists I think (dont remember any names). Was really interesting and I hope that this templar build is also great for auras :)

Other question, Is that build great for 1H mace ? I definitely want to play with a mace haha, and I saw that you were speaking a lot about fast weapons, mostly. So I don't know if it's viable or not.
"
Ekyla wrote:
hey)

Thanks for the big topic about this template/build, I did a new templar today (my old has been hacked, lost almost everything... thanks chinese people). Anyway, I'll try this one as my old one wasn't very nicely done I think, and for the moment I'm lvl 15, self drop, will mostly play solo, and keep following your guide.

Also, I'll post some feedback later, maybe when I'll finish normal) but I hope I'll find every gems and auras I need for this build.

few months ago, my templar was running with 4/5 auras, vitality, armor aura, tempest shield and the one for elemental resists I think (dont remember any names). Was really interesting and I hope that this templar build is also great for auras :)

Other question, Is that build great for 1H mace ? I definitely want to play with a mace haha, and I saw that you were speaking a lot about fast weapons, mostly. So I don't know if it's viable or not.

Hi! Thanks for posting!

I think weapon choice is mostly personal preference. You will notice I did not choose any weapon-specific nodes. That's intentional. With maces, we won't be considering the life gain on hit support gem though because they are slower. I also suspect that hitting a monster more frequently can keep them at bay better because there are more chances to stun them. Of course, while maces are slower, they do have a built-in chance to stun. Find a hard-hitting mace with an attack speed bonus and you will probably be all set.

Just to note, I think around act 2 Cruel, had trouble finding a mace that did over 300 DPS on the character offense tab -- I found an axe that made that jump to 500 and never looked back. I probably just never found a good mace..... you might. That's why I'm hesitant to say "you must use X weapon type" because it's really all about what you have access to or find.
Just on what you said about weapons I went from 103 - 190 dps at lvl 25, mainly because my new weapon has a faster attack speed.

Spoiler
From
To

I killed Vaal but didnt solo him as I was in a party at fall with my Witch who died :( so just rolled my Templar.... So from now on my Templar is a group Toon, I group with my cousin, its funny I thought I was pretty tanky with 600 HP and he ha sa Marauder 2h spec with 950 hp -.- ... I still really enjoy playing this build a BIG THANKS to you for the post and all the info
"
Karlash wrote:
... I still really enjoy playing this build a BIG THANKS to you for the post and all the info

You bet! I'm glad it was helpful. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info