[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:
Starting this build tomorrow!

Great! Keep us posted on how it goes! :)

Going well so far. I picked up Crest of Perandus before I started based on how well it fits into this build.

I'm leveling heavy strike and infernal blow right now, but I see some people using cleave, would that be a good option as well?
"
Route1 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:
Starting this build tomorrow!

Great! Keep us posted on how it goes! :)

Going well so far. I picked up Crest of Perandus before I started based on how well it fits into this build.

I'm leveling heavy strike and infernal blow right now, but I see some people using cleave, would that be a good option as well?

Yes, cleave is a fine choice.

I'm currently using this:

...and it's pretty good. Don't need two attack skills really.

I have all of 45 mana left after auras and I can keep swinging. The key is having one item with mana leech. I'll be updating the guide with this tip soonish.
I re-wrote much of the end of original post to address the change over in the upper levels (mid 60s and up) to using the very small mana pool for attack skills. :)
what dps you have with heavy strike dude?
ign TheBlackMambaTemplar
"
technie_noob wrote:
what dps you have with heavy strike dude?

Thanks for your question!

The heavy strike tool tip says 2800 or so, but it feels like more.... not sure if the multistrike speed boost is fully calculated in that figure. Of course, how modest my weapon is would play a large role in all of this. :) If a person has a 5 link or 6 link. and a better weapon, she or he could hit much higher levels of damage if desired. Still, even with 2800, I can take Merciless Piety down solo in a reasonable amount of time.
I found a Stone of Lazhwar.

However, I think that it does not help in many areas much, if at all. In Lunaris I did not notice any difference.

I have 82 to fire / cold / lightning resists, so if it makes any difference, it's not that noticeable. Perhaps mildly useful in areas with many spell casters like the Catacombs or Solaris, but even then, I'd probably use an amulet with a good bonus to max life instead.

I'll still be keeping it handy in my character's inventory though. Never know.
I have to admit, this thread gave me a mighty itch to create a templar and try this out for myself :) I run self-found myself, and I've been finding myself running into a lot of problems in Cruel with some of the other characters I have (I've never been in Merciless...sadness). Maybe this character will go the distance for me!

Do you still recommend using Heavy Strike + support gems as the "preferred" attack of choice? When reading through the thread I noticed you used Infernal Blow sometimes, too, so I was curious.
"
smallcreation wrote:
I have to admit, this thread gave me a mighty itch to create a templar and try this out for myself :) I run self-found myself, and I've been finding myself running into a lot of problems in Cruel with some of the other characters I have (I've never been in Merciless...sadness). Maybe this character will go the distance for me!

Do you still recommend using Heavy Strike + support gems as the "preferred" attack of choice? When reading through the thread I noticed you used Infernal Blow sometimes, too, so I was curious.

Great! I'm not the best player ever and this build can definitely do Merciless. I've finished Merciless solo myself and without much farming even.

The "build" here is all about the defenses. Double Strike, Cleave, Lightning Strike, Heavy Strike, Ground Slam, Glacial Hammer, Infernal Blow, Leap Slam, Dominating Blow and more would all work for your offense. Maximum one AOE and one single target choice. The Heavy Strike is working fine for me though even with no "AOE" skill to back it up currently. With multistrike in the support mix it does a bit of damage to the monsters around you too. The key is a hard hitting FAST weapon. If your mana pool can hack it, the faster attacks gem is a good support to have, after the melee physical gem. I'm just using stun right now because it has no mana multiplier. With a 2% mana leech item, I could really pile it on.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 23, 2013, 12:22:38 AM
"
smallcreation wrote:

My build is a little different, based off of a lot of this thread but started as a marauder instead. Since I have tempest shield and static blows, I figure why not lightning strike as well. defensive and offensive chances to shock.

Why wont you take all the easy Endurance Charges along your way? :o
Ign: Ohjeahx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info