[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Compound wrote:

Not sure I understand. AFAIK, my weapon has 90% IPD, 20% IAS, and "20% Increased Elemental Damage."

I think he was trying to say that character sheet DPS 278.2 is about 300 less than where it should be. I think the issue is the base item not the affixes.
"
Compound wrote:
I really want to be in a place where I don't have to panic and smash all my instant health pots to survive.

At the moment your build is really different than my build. I don't know what to tell you other than trade for some regrets if you can or buy them from Yeena at 2× Orb of Scouring each. If you don't have scouring, you can get them for 4x Orb of Chance each from Yeena.
On another note I did a dungeon map today with "Monsters fire 3 additional Projectiles" and "Players are cursed with Temporal Chains". The item quantity bonus was nice, but the map was hell to do. :) Don't make that mistake! My build was survivable if I was somewhat careful even with the hail of spells and arrows (I did find the spell block amulet handy) plus being gimped with chains. The screen was literally covered with spells and projectiles in some spots. It was that dense. So I think that was a good test of the build. Obviously that map would have been a big no-no in hardcore.
Hey there, just leaving a little feedback :

Finally finished normal mode, and Piety died, with the help of some people (I was too lazy to do it alone haha). Actually, at the moment when you equip a 32%block chance shield, everything seems way easier. I'm now lvl 35, found a new weapon (a fist, damn..) and I'm now looking for more survavibilty, and some armor (omg I have 200armor atm, it sucks like hell).

I'm asking also for the amount of armor and evasion, How should it be ? like a ratio of 50/50 ? Or more armor ? more evasion ?

Actually got 350dps on Lightning strike, so it's pretty cool for starting act 1 nightmare.

actual gear (lvl 35) :

Spoiler

If anyone have suggestion for me, It would be appreciated))
"
Ekyla wrote:
I'm asking also for the amount of armor and evasion, How should it be ? like a ratio of 50/50 ? Or more armor ? more evasion ?

I'd say you would be fine with just the buckler as a purely evasion item and go armor/evasion hybrid or straight armor on the rest of your gear. With Grace running you will probably be at 20-30% evasion with just a good buckler and maybe one hybrid piece.
ok thanks) I'll get more armor then, should be better for me.
So what does the new patch coming out mean for this build?
"
Ekyla wrote:
ok thanks) I'll get more armor then, should be better for me.

Yes, I slightly favor armor over evasion for this build.
"
Route1 wrote:
So what does the new patch coming out mean for this build?

Thanks for the question! It's a good one!

Right now no one knows for sure what the re-balancing will mean for melee precisely, however at first blush it looks like the build will remain pretty much unchanged.

After all, one can never have too much survivability, particularly for hardcore. And I don't think the life the build has will be excessive. I'll be interested to see what values the life nodes are reduced to in order to weigh their advantages. The build has 28 life nodes, which is fewer than some, so the balance may still be just right.

The 52% armor cluster near the duelist starting area has been tempting me for only 3 points however, and this patch might push me over the edge to declaring that to be valuable.

As far as getting more damage nodes, I'm not too excited about that. I do adequate damage already. But we shall see. Never hurts to clear maps faster as long as it can be done safely.
Level 68... did two maps this morning. The first went swimmingly - got two maps from it. The second one I cleared all the way to the end boss area but did not find any maps and then ran out of flask charges clearing a mass of rare monsters. So I tossed up a portal and I got the dreaded "Error: Failed to join any instances" message. *sigh* I could not quite finish it because of that. So the second one was a bust but only due to technical issues server side. :)

The
was handy once again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info