Pros and Cons of Mirror of Kalandra

well the problem is not the mirror, but the totally broken economy. : )
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People who complain about it are just unable to ignore what other people are doing and feel excluded.

The game is mostly about competitive ladder gameplay, multiplay, (supposedly) PvP and loot show-off... but you suggest people to ignore what others are doing or have?

People being bothered by what other people have and themselves don't, shouldn’t be surprising. Not in a game like this.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People who complain about it are just unable to ignore what other people are doing and feel excluded.

Hyperbole, and untrue.

Plenty of people who complain about mirrors/eternals/etc are people who are rich enough to buy mirror gear.

Here is a quote from the reddit thread:

"
as someone who has 5 mirrored items, i cant believe me saying, but i kind of dont like mirrors/ets anymore. while its quite funny the first days running around with #1 items it gets quite boring after time. there is no real incentive anymore to pick up rares (waste time identifying, running to town etc). no incentive to craft on your own, because you know you will spend way way more than you would pay for already mirrored one. back in d2 days there was a site that had images of best found items. of course these items were duped in the end but i kind of liked this "showoff" stuff. look what i got dropped. thread here, thread there.

just yesterday i realised that i have less fun. i faceroll maps like i would clear areas in d3, running on and only waiting for that unique sound and brown bling, because this is potentially the only sellable items for high amount. even currency stacks up and up and no idea on what i should spend it

link: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2au9jc/discussion_pros_and_cons_of_mirror_of_kalandra/ciyvdo8
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 17, 2014, 12:35:03 PM
when you have all perfect items, you have nothing to do, because there is not a real end game or real challenges, and never will be.

atm poe for me is: I invent my own challenge, and than I go for a new one.

I don't define this literally a "game", but a "time waste" or an "hobby" or call it "kind of game".

I like also the idea of a permanent league, where you can accumulate items but, this kind of game loses any sense with legacies items.

a "real game" should be something that rewards self ability, dedication, mannerism.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
"
RoyalStar wrote:
well the problem is not the mirror, but the totally broken economy. : )

exactly, and the fact it alters certain peoples gameplay experience. Where someone gets lucky early on and gets a mirror, they can sella snd decks out their toon later on for a lot better gameplay than someone whos RNG has been horrible and struggles to get decent gear. While gear isn't the #1 driving factor in gameplay, it does help a lot.
MY SHOP THREAD 485102

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info