Pros and Cons of Mirror of Kalandra

Such a broken item.. In a game that's all about making shit difficult to get there should be no room for an item that skips all that, especially with how easy it is to RMT and get away with it. Also for legit players, why on earth would someone attempt to craft a BiS item that would cost over 100 exalts (minimum) when they can buy a mirror and just copy the current BiS lol.
Last edited by Peenk on Jul 16, 2014, 10:10:33 AM
"
Grughal wrote:
... Then again, eternals would be fine if mirrors didn't exist.

That is the direction I am starting to lean towards. Eternals allow crafters to still strive to create that BiS item: the item will be a one off, but currency will be sunk into creating it. The same goes for other crafters and their BiS items.

Mirrors seem to allow almost pure BiS items to be created, owned by the wealthy (who invested and crafted) and then spammed throughout the economy. The economy stops trying to craft BiS items and instead saves for the Mirror + Service. The original crafters and BiS owners then continue to collect from 10,50,100 or more players and fund more BiS crafts... rinse and repeat. Meanwhile more and more players simply wield the same crafted items throughout the game. Well until the game changes and new mods create a new level of BiS items.

I just don't see how the later is healthy for the economy. Players horde the currency and hand it over to crafters. Crafters can only create a finite number of BiS items and after that the left currencies remain in the economy.

Without Mirrors every single BiS item would have to be crafted requiring RNG number of currencies. A more continuous sink IMO.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:
... Then again, eternals would be fine if mirrors didn't exist.

That is the direction I am starting to lean towards. Eternals allow crafters to still strive to create that BiS item: the item will be a one off, but currency will be sunk into creating it. The same goes for other crafters and their BiS items.

Mirrors seem to allow almost pure BiS items to be created, owned by the wealthy (who invested and crafted) and then spammed throughout the economy. The economy stops trying to craft BiS items and instead saves for the Mirror + Service. The original crafters and BiS owners then continue to collect from 10,50,100 or more players and fund more BiS crafts... rinse and repeat. Meanwhile more and more players simply wield the same crafted items throughout the game. Well until the game changes and new mods create a new level of BiS items.

I just don't see how the later is healthy for the economy. Players horde the currency and hand it over to crafters. Crafters can only create a finite number of BiS items and after that the left currencies remain in the economy.

Without Mirrors every single BiS item would have to be crafted requiring RNG number of currencies. A more continuous sink IMO.

Not saying there are pros to the mirror but the mirror puts a cap on how much the most expensive items can sell for, people that complain that mirrors ruin the economy because mirror items can be bought for 200 exalts would still complain that getting the best items is too hard because they would cost 2000+ exalts instead every single time to make one.

The source of the complaints is because they feel as though they could not get mirror items, the actual mirror is just a a scapegoat because people see it as an "easy way" to get rare items for "rich people only".

Mirror items are such a small impact within the economy being rarely mirrored and used by even 1% of the playerbase, that other problems such botting/hacking/multiboxing/ect that ruins the economy have a much much worse effect then the extremely rare "mirror fee" to mirror that is found.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jul 16, 2014, 10:24:30 AM
Mirrors let the rich and RMT have the cake and they get to keep it too. At this point in the game, no one can start a mirror service because all the items are done and a small group of players and RMTs are make huge amounts of currency.

There is no point to even try to craft top tier stuff anymore. And don't forget about all the legacy stats that you cannot get anymore (like 24% resist all on a shield) making the mirror wealth gap even further from player.

And now, these higher prices are spilling into the 4 month leagues with players stashing unique item for speculation and orbs and mirrors for when the leagues end.

If I had found a mirror in Ambush or Invasion, it would of sat in my stash until the league ends, because it is worth so damn much more when the leagues end.

Something has got to change...

Edit:
My idea to change the mirrors

+Make items only able to be mirrored once... when you mirror the item BOTH items say mirrored on them.
+Don't lock the mirrored items from chrome orbs.
+Introduce another tier of certain stats so that the BIS mirror items that are in the game right now are no longer BIS
+Have eternal and exalted orbs drop more so players can start gambling er um crafting again
Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Jul 16, 2014, 10:45:00 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Not saying there are pros to the mirror but the mirror puts a cap on how much the most expensive items can sell for, people that complain that mirrors ruin the economy because mirror items can be bought for 200 exalts would still complain that getting the best items is too hard because they would cost 2000+ exalts instead every single time to make one.

The source of the complaints is because they feel as though they could not get mirror items, the actual mirror is just a a scapegoat because people see it as an "easy way" to get rare items for "rich people only".

Mirror items are such a small impact within the economy being rarely mirrored and used by even 1% of the playerbase, that other problems such botting/hacking/multiboxing/ect that ruins the economy have a much much worse effect then the extremely rare "mirror fee" to mirror that is found.

So are you saying that mirrors aren't an easy way to get 1% items for rich people only? I'm confused. How do poor people use mirrors? I mean, other than selling them to rich people, since poor people can't afford the exalts and chromes needed to mirror an item anyway.

What do you think the trade tzars are doing with their mirror fees? More gamble crafting, sure, but I hear of this thing Are Em Tea? I think they may be buying a lot of the delicious Are Em Tea.
"
Lyralei wrote:

Whatever I said on reddit.

The problem with mirrors is that you can have your cake, sell the cake, eat the cake and then later on make another cake with a different flavour using the sales revenue from the first cake.

Eternals also mean you could make that same cake with four different toppings and sell all of those cakes but you only used ingredients to make one cake.

+1E6
"
Taganov wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

So are you saying that mirrors aren't an easy way to get 1% items for rich people only? I'm confused. How do poor people use mirrors? I mean, other than selling them to rich people, since poor people can't afford the exalts and chromes needed to mirror an item anyway.

What do you think the trade tzars are doing with their mirror fees? More gamble crafting, sure, but I hear of this thing Are Em Tea? I think they may be buying a lot of the delicious Are Em Tea.

I am saying that mirrors are so rare along with the amount of times any item is mirrored that it's just a drop in a bucket of a much larger problem.

If your worried about the economy crashing knocking out botting/hacking/multiboxing would be a billion times effective then mirror/eternal changes because simply they almost effect no one at all.

I already posted a quote that most mirrored items still haven't payed back what they cost to make with very few (like 3 weapons) have actually broke even or made money.

If I created the best mace in the game and it cost me 2000 exalts, how many mirrors do people need to literally come to me with + a 10-30 exalt fee to make back the 2000 exalts + any profit at all.

Eternal + Mirror might have a slight issue with end game crafting as a whole, but if your going to say it's a big ass problem with RMT/economy your dilated with blaming the wrong thing compared to botting/hacking/ect
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jul 16, 2014, 2:29:22 PM
They should allow mirroring in trade box so that you do not get your mirror stolen like my friend did when he wanted a copy of this other guys armor. Un-friended and ''thanx for the mirror noob'' or something along those lines. Naming and shaming laws respected here but I have names.
Last edited by rob16437 on Jul 16, 2014, 2:35:21 PM
Even a person with half of a brain can understand that mirrors favors RMT way more than any other action. Yet they have been introduced.

There is no logic behind emplemintation of such orb, besides forsing inflation.

There are two possible scenarios i see:

1. GGG developer team members are imbeciles, and honestly don't understand consequences of their decisions. Which is not true, obviously.

2. GGG just don't give a shit about comunity, and just "gettin' cash" as long as they can, as hard as they can.

"
maxkardinal wrote:
Even a person with half of a brain can understand that mirrors favors RMT way more than any other action. Yet they have been introduced.

There is no logic behind emplemintation of such orb, besides forsing inflation.

There are two possible scenarios i see:

1. GGG developer team members are imbeciles, and honestly don't understand consequences of their decisions. Which is not true, obviously.

2. GGG just don't give a shit about comunity, and just "gettin' cash" as long as they can, as hard as they can.

These so not true. Are you sure you not talking about Ubisoft or Blizzard?
I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info