Pros and Cons of Mirror of Kalandra

"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You all are talking about how people play... not about the item itself. People choose to enter the economy, and that economy isn't "fair". It favors those that can exploit it, either through luck, cheating, or time and skill. For those that choose to stay out of it, a mirror is just a trophy. It will sit unused as an indicator to me that I've found one. It literally will serve no purpose what so ever except to occupy a slot in my inventory.

The fact that you all seem to value them so highly gives me the giggles sometimes.

??????
How people use an item is determined in large part of how USEFUL IT IS.

not useful, rather powerful.

i fully agree with Shagsbeard on this matter, i never have more than 2 exalt sitting in my stash in the leagues i play (never had an eternal). given the average time i invest how do you think i can manage to get the mirror fee to get access to some "mirror service"?

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
it's all cons. no pros.

there is no reason for a mirror to exist.

it's a complete slap in the face to casual players.

it's only advantageous to the super-rich.

multiple copies of the same item ? WTF ?!

why GGG EVER thought that would be a good idea is a great mystery.

and then, just to throw salt on the wound they went and created eternals, as if anybody who was rich enough to craft an item, so they could sell mirrored copies, would need it.

Even though I don't participate, I can see why they did it. To be able to craft an ultimate item and profit from it is the wet-dream of many players. They cater to that. What they also realize is that they have to make it exclusive, or their game would go to shit. They did that too.

People who complain about it are just unable to ignore what other people are doing and feel excluded. Quit it. Let people play their game, involving mirrors, eternals, BiS items and whatnot and simply don't play it. The game is fine without ever worrying about it.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Even though I don't participate, I can see why they did it. To be able to craft an ultimate item and profit from it is the wet-dream of many players. They cater to that. What they also realize is that they have to make it exclusive, or their game would go to shit. They did that too.

People who complain about it are just unable to ignore what other people are doing and feel excluded. Quit it. Let people play their game, involving mirrors, eternals, BiS items and whatnot and simply don't play it. The game is fine without ever worrying about it.

It is natural for people to interract with other people and care about them. Social instincts are storng. Its actually normal.

All you keep preaching from thread to thread is that everyone should don't give a fuck about each other and act like autists.

Your strongest arguments so far is "don't bother what they are dooing, do your thing". But its not how things work. If i play football i play with 21 other people and i care what they do and how they play. Yes, of cousre i can grab my own ball and kick it in my backyard all day long. But is it necesarry to actually explain the difference between playing football and kicking a ball in your backyard?

If in football we have rules set and common, in PoE they are set by specific people. Those people created an enviroment (game) with a specific goal. Rules serve as mecanism which make sure that certain activity in that enviroment will be fun for all participants. If there are rules that makes sure in opposite, those rules suck balls. They need to be changet in favor of development of enviroment as more and more fun.

If there is a person that can have fun just standing on the shore and wathching the waves, that doesn't mean that game should stop there.

If you don't care about mirrors, other people do. If mirrors don't ruin your game, they ruin it for others.

I don't know why you have made your mission to encounter every thread where there is something negative about PoE and preach that people should learn how to have fun. But why do you care if things that, as you say, not bothering you at all, will be changed?

I'm not on a mission. I'm stating my views and trying to explain why I have that point of view. Quit taking it as a personal attack.

When someone seems bothered by something that doesn't bother me, I try to explain to them why it doesn't bother me. It might help. It might not. It's up to them to decide.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 16, 2014, 4:05:59 PM
"
maxkardinal wrote:
Even a person with half of a brain can understand that mirrors favors RMT way more than any other action. Yet they have been introduced.

There is no logic behind emplemintation of such orb, besides forsing inflation.

There are two possible scenarios i see:

1. GGG developer team members are imbeciles, and honestly don't understand consequences of their decisions. Which is not true, obviously.

2. GGG just don't give a shit about comunity, and just "gettin' cash" as long as they can, as hard as they can.

Some background for your consideration:

- Mirrors were introduced back in Closed Beta (or earlier), with a smaller community they were so hard to find that they were seen as progressive way for the game to enable "duping". Previous ARPGs had been plagued by duping and this was a pro-active solution to support it in the game. The success of POE, and the huge number of time grinding, has seen the economy shift drastically.

- GGG (for better or worse) don't like removing things from the game, which is understandable giving the social backlash that unravels when things are given and taken away from us. Who could ever go back to "dial up" modem speeds or x86 computers systems?

I think hindsight is a wonderful thing. You're right, GGG aren't imbeciles, but sometimes we all make decisions that are good at the time they're made, but later on they're not the best solution. The need reviewing and possibly action in order to improve things.

GGG definitely care about the community, the recent inclusion of the 1ML HC race is evidence of them listening to the community. The problem is how they can listen and support the community. Simply removing things is dangerous as outlined above... so by being measured in their actions/re-actions they are in fact considering the impact to the community.

Cheers and happy grinding max.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
Kaysee wrote:
Gday Exiles... I posted this discussion topic on reddit and thought I would repeat it here in this POE community

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2au9jc/discussion_pros_and_cons_of_mirror_of_kalandra/

Disclaimer, despite starting this topic I have absolutely no opinion on the matter… and probably little knowledge either (since I’ve never come near one) which is why I’ve started the discussion. Aside from the obvious benefits of being the hardest currency item to find ,and the ability to copy some other item, what other Pros and Cons do they bring to the game? Allow me to pose some questions to start:

What impact does copying someone else’s craft have on the overall economy? BiS items take huge initial investment, but provide endless BiS items to multiple players in the community who can find/trade for a Mirror plus Service Fee. If Mirrors were not available, would the economy consume more currencies as each BiS item would ultimately need to be crafted? Would more players settle for near BiS (say 5/6 tier 1 rolls) if the craft consumed too much currency? Do mirrors make it easier or harder for RMT? If mirrors didn’t exist, and each BiS had to be crafted, would this make it more difficult for RMT to turn in a profit (ie item A takes 50ex to luckily roll as BiS and item B takes 2000ex to roll as BiS… obviously item B is more of a “loss” if sold)? What impact would removing Mirrors have on the game?

As I said, I have no position on the topic, but thought it would make for an interesting discussion from those who craft, trade and know the economy better.

Cheers and happy hunting/crafting

Pros: mirrors are rare.

Cons: mirrors are rare.

Pros: flames massive qq from havenots

Cons:

Pros: duplicates godly gear

Cons:

Waah waah I don't have one remove them mommy.

Solution: make all items similarly as rare and whiney diablo-haveitalls can complain about never getting even one whetstone and how they're way too op for their rarity.

VI
"
plasticeyes wrote:
it's all cons. no pros.

multiple copies of the same item ? WTF ?!

Simple, make the Mirror useable ONE TIME ONLY. Make it a 'crafting' consumable like everything else.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Jul 16, 2014, 10:56:46 PM
Mirror is one of the best ideas of PoE.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Pros:
Gives the top .1% the power to control the economy
Allows RMT sites to sell essentially perfect items
Gives the delusional hope of finding something as valuable/cool as a mirror.

Cons:
You'll never see a mirror. Just kidding there are no cons!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info