Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
CCR5 wrote:
In this sense, yes.
But you can always host your maps under FFA/SA if you disagree with that change.

And SFL is a slider into making game more difficult instead of less difficult.

Right, but why should you if people you are competing against are using the least tension loot distribution? To challenge yourself? People that like the competition and scale the ladder aren't going to create pseudo challenges to block their progress.

Under most definitions of a SFL, I agree with you, they will be more difficult. Unless they were to truly balance drops around trade. (lets remove something we don't want to do anymore but balance our drops around it)

"
CCR5 wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
SFL exposes nothing to players that played truly self found. I rush the start of 4 month leagues and don't have anyone to buy gear from, and don't start selling anything until I get gear to grind with myself.

It starts around lvl 85, around mid maps, around 1 month without upgrade.

Start of the league is easy, if you did it several times before.

By then I already have sufficient gear to farm with, even if they removed trade with this SFL with that being the only change, I feel I would still be able to progress experience wise. Then again, I am fine with dropping down to grind content to get that progression. I farmed Merveil for alterations to progress at the start of ambush for quite some time. I feel the recharge of alts helped slingshot me faster though, like a pit stop for extra rolling currency.

I want a competitive SFL to happen, I really do. Most of my friends have lost the competitiveness and I find myself scaling the ladder solo anyways (at least the last 2 leagues). :(

"
Hyskoa wrote:
If crafting wasn't a joke and loot wasn't 99,99% waste, we wouldn't need a self-found league.
But seeing as how people want to keep the game "sad & hardcore", we're forced to hang unto the SFL train, in hopes of getting decent loot.

Whoa, items are fine, like actual gear. Crafting IS a joke, the amount of orbs required to make something great is far out of reach for even the average PoE player. I don't understand why they have been so scared to boost the crafting orbs anyways, the market will adjust for items. A Shavs will cost 60ex instead of 30ex (assuming they doubled it). This would have the least impact on the economy in the temporary leagues as there is very little time to actually acquire all the necessary orbs to make something "perfect".

Most of my "joy" with crafting comes from making something not so good work or at least function with my build.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on May 27, 2014, 11:04:39 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Just like FFA/PA was optional.

Imagine if the upcoming doubling of uniques was optional, like if you had a slider.

I love optional, it essentially gives excuse to shit ideas because, you know, it's optional.

**not saying this is a shit idea, but using optional has lost all credibility with me.

Unless you really think that everyone will leave all of the other leagues to go play without trading then I don't think your complaint has a lot of merit.

This league isn't forced onto anyone. I was just pointing that out because people seem to be implying that it would be.

PA was kind of forced onto everyone, that's his point. There's barely any optionality regarding allocation modes, and he fears the same could happen when GGG intoduces a self-found league.

It wasn't "forced" on anyone. It was wished and begged for by the majority of the community, and now it is an option, and it's not even the standard. If you want to play with PA, you have to specifically chose it.

I guess I see your point though, but I don't think it applies here either. Fact is that drop rates are balanced around trading being available, but some people don't want to trade for whatever reasons and rather farm some maps and play the game. These people don't want to participate in the trading community, so you're not missing out on anything and I don't think that all people will just go off and play the SFL.

To be honest I still would like to see a magicfind bonus linked to your trading behaviour -> you don't trade, you get a MF bonus. You trade -> you lose some of it. Won't split the leagues, people can still play together and everyone is happy. ^-^
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
By then I already have sufficient gear to farm with, even if they removed trade with this SFL with that being the only change, I feel I would still be able to progress experience wise. Then again, I am fine with dropping down to grind content to get that progression.

I think you'd be equally fine being mortally afraid stepping into 75 map and farm lower ones because you're undergeared, not because you don't have chisels to roll it.

But that would be completely different game. :-(
"
CCR5 wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
By then I already have sufficient gear to farm with, even if they removed trade with this SFL with that being the only change, I feel I would still be able to progress experience wise. Then again, I am fine with dropping down to grind content to get that progression.

I think you'd be equally fine being mortally afraid stepping into 75 map and farm lower ones because you're undergeared, not because you don't have chisels to roll it.

But that would be completely different game. :-(

If I am level 85, it would be no problem. Path of packsize blue maps. Chisels are a noob trap. I like kiting and tip toeing when I know I am undergeared. It is the only challenge the game provides, even for a short time. SFL would hopefully prolong this period. :)
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Edit: Oh yea, I had a point. The point is no matter if it is optional or not, if people see someone playing with the newest toys, they want to play with them too. Even as a collective decisions that seem fun, leave you feeling less accomplished when achieving them. It is a hard thing to understand, because everyone feels like "fun" should be handed to them, and when I feel "difficulty" should be handed to me, then its no no we can't have that, make your own difficulty. How about you make your own fun then?

I know we're not actually that far apart on our views re an optional SFL worldbreaker, but let me make an important point for anyone reading this (besides me, iamstryker, DirkAustin, Xavderion and you!:)):

- Under *any* trade based league, if I covet someone else's shiny new toy, virtually all it takes is for me to whip out my Paypal account or credit card and hit up poe.xyz to own that item. If people want a league where instant gratification is a possibility, that league is going to be a trade-enabled one.

- Under *any* self-found league, if I covet someone else's shiny new toy, I have to play PoE to get it, or I have to whip out my credit card or Paypal account to pay someone else to play my account to get it. But at least with RMT in a self-found universe, you're paying someone else to play (in which case, why are you bothering?), with much greater risk to yourself.

Regarding risk, my perception is that there is negligible risk in participating in (ie buying) RMT in PoE in its current form. In contrast, to participate in an optional self-found league, I would have to allow a totally unknown person(s) to access my account to play in my stead - a risk I would never even conceivably take in anything other than an alt account. Not because I think GGG will police RMT more in a SFL, but because I would open myself to the risk that an RMT site could simply effectively destroy (whether by accident or design) my account.

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on May 27, 2014, 11:31:42 AM
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

FFA was forced onto people because we HAD to use it, PA is forced on us because of ease of use, unless you are in a premade party. PA completely removed loot tension, if others aren't experiencing this extra difficulty, why should I?

[Removed by Support]

Anyway, if someone wants to be hardcore and have the loot tension, he can have it, end of this hilarious discussion.

That goddamn word (hardcore) is toxic.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on May 27, 2014, 12:52:37 PM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

FFA was forced onto people because we HAD to use it, PA is forced on us because of ease of use, unless you are in a premade party. PA completely removed loot tension, if others aren't experiencing this extra difficulty, why should I?

[Removed by Support]

Anyway, if someone wants to be hardcore and have the loot tension, he can have it, end of this hilarious discussion.

Not sure how the hell I saw this post, but hey I'll bite.

If others are playing under the same difficult (or as you call it "hardcore") rule set it is much easier to compete ("hardcore!") in the environment knowing everyone is bound by it. If I choose to compete and people are having fun relaxing, killing monsters calling out loot for each other, holding hands and the like while I am trying to ninja my fair share of the loot. That isn't very fair to myself.

[Removed by SUpport]
Being a badass or casual has nothing to do with wanting to play on an even field. PA did help alleviate the even field as far as premade parties were concerned. Even with premade parties, look at the scamming going on by "friends". I would like to see one of these premade FFA parties when a mirror dropped.

My true face? I never really hid it. You don't see me being "hardcore" running to merciless with 1 socket white gear not using flasks or passive points. I do like difficulty forced upon me, whether its a separate league or whatever. If they handed out optional 6 links at the end of merciless dominus, yep I am taking it, because you are, he is, she is, we all is.
"
tinko92 wrote:

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on May 27, 2014, 12:55:23 PM
"
Hyskoa wrote:
If crafting wasn't a joke and loot wasn't 99,99% waste, we wouldn't need a self-found league.
But seeing as how people want to keep the game "sad & hardcore", we're forced to hang unto the SFL train, in hopes of getting decent loot.

So you admit its not about SFL but about increased loot drop rates and better loot. Or SFL is all about loot drop rate increase and better loot. Kinda the same thing then.

How about a better balance to drop rate of orbs? Item drop rate is fine as it is just the option to craft something decent goes down drastically the higher the orb goes you want to use. Im sitting on i think right now is 3 ex, all self found and never usable on anything as its only 3 friggin exalteds. How does GGG expect me to use them on items when they are so few to begin with? To make 'crafting' possible the drop rate for most orbs needs to be increased by quite a bit. Trading would adjust itself anyways so i dont see how anyone could be worried about that at all ever.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
Worldbreaker wrote:

Edit: Oh yea, I had a point. The point is no matter if it is optional or not, if people see someone playing with the newest toys, they want to play with them too. Even as a collective decisions that seem fun, leave you feeling less accomplished when achieving them. It is a hard thing to understand, because everyone feels like "fun" should be handed to them, and when I feel "difficulty" should be handed to me, then its no no we can't have that, make your own difficulty. How about you make your own fun then?

I know we're not actually that far apart on our views re an optional SFL worldbreaker, but let me make an important point for anyone reading this (besides me, iamstryker, DirkAustin, Xavderion and you!:)):

- Under *any* trade based league, if I covet someone else's shiny new toy, virtually all it takes is for me to whip out my Paypal account or credit card and hit up poe.xyz to own that item. If people want a league where instant gratification is a possibility, that league is going to be a trade-enabled one.

- Under *any* self-found league, if I covet someone else's shiny new toy, I have to play PoE to get it, or I have to whip out my credit card or Paypal account to pay someone else to play my account to get it. But at least with RMT in a self-found universe, you're paying someone else to play (in which case, why are you bothering?), with much greater risk to yourself.

Regarding risk, my perception is that there is negligible risk in participating in (ie buying) RMT in PoE in its current form. In contrast, to participate in an optional self-found league, I would have to allow a totally unknown person(s) to access my account to play in my stead - a risk I would never even conceivably take in anything other than an alt account. Not because I think GGG will police RMT more in a SFL, but because I would open myself to the risk that an RMT site could simply effectively destroy (whether by accident or design) my account.

P.

Good post, Petrov.

This, to me, is what the whole nature of a properly done SFL or race season, or whatever, should be based upon. It makes a lot of sense, and would also be a great new challenge for some of the more hardcore PoE players who are bored with the overgeared leagues.
I don't understand. Is the SFL out of a desire to not have to compete with people who either trade or RMT?

SFL doesnt need a separate league to be self found... Its simple enough to never trade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info