Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
radmanvr wrote:
Then that's not self found then is it?

I'm legitimately not following you on this, please help me understand your concern.

Your saying if a MF guy gets a killing blow then his buddy shouldn't benefit from that because that wouldn't be self found?

I kind of wish MF was just removed completely so that this conversation didn't even need to happen, I've never liked MF anyway.

That's exactly what I am saying. Self found is self found is self found. If guy A gets killing blow but item is allocated to guy B than that is not self found because the self didn't find anything. That would be called self pickup league or other people find but I pick up league.

Ok let me go into detail.

The idea behind no trading is that no one can trade items which should extend to the situation we are speaking of. Because now you can have an IIQ find all your stuff for you and yall are back to square one cause now RMT is back at it.

You pay me $5 an hour and I will IIQ everything for you. The title of the thread specifically states are you tired of RMT so that means you should eliminate all possibilities for RMT.
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 21, 2014, 12:46:53 PM
"
iamstryker wrote:
I kind of wish MF was just removed completely so that this conversation didn't even need to happen, I've never liked MF anyway.

This. I would completely agree with removal of MF.

Having said that, I should also state that I have an MF culler on Ambush, the MF % is nothing incredible, 350% rarity and 70% quantity. The whole mechanic is bullshit (in my opinion).
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
ya I don't really understand MF. All you really get more of is orbs and rares. You don't seem to find better uniques with MF, just more common/trash uniques.

Doesn't make any sense.
Standard Forever
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
this is the gear I 'beat' nemisis with and started mapping

I call bullshit. I leveled a spectral throw ranger too and didn't get many of the gems you have. Completed all quests of course. Gems I didn't get were blood magic, reduced mana, added fire damage, melee physical damage and weapon elemental damage. I don't believe you got "lucky" and they all dropped for you.

didnt say it was all self found, I traded for the boots, traded for some of the gems too, muled some... Ive made posts about quest rewards being silly and essential gems being unavailable unless you mule. Quest reward gems needing a look in is not a reason to make a new self found solo league with buffed drop rates. Ambush has gemcutters boxes, its already been pretty much fixed anyway.

Guess you can't claim self found at all then. =P

There's only one kind of solo self found and that's 100% including gems.Once you've trade,muled,twinked,get lifted or party lolocopter the solo self found ride is over.Nothing you obtain at that point is solo or self found,it's off the back of another character and/or other players.

BTW did you beat merciless Dominus with that character solo ?

I'm familiar with how players in new leagues run the game especially the streamers and there's absolutely nothing solo self found about it.Which is why none of them claim to be solo self found. =P

Nor is there anything to be particularly envied about in the manner of gameplay.

You've posted gear from softcore leagues,not particularly interested in that stuff.

That my highest level character currently on list is 71 and how many hours it may have taken to get it's progression is irrelevant to the subject at hand.What is relevant is the experience I had getting him there and all past characters of similar progression.like wise I don't believe your one and only 74 hardcore character can claim any special level bonus pearls of wisdom. =P

I can however at least type /deaths and be assured it says 0. =)

A

Last edited by Temper on Apr 21, 2014, 3:14:02 PM

I completely support the testing of a SF ladder. Make ALL items ladder locked and non-trade-able and then raise the drop rates accordingly then those who want to trade can play the normal ladders and those who don't can play SF. Whats the big deal.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
maxor wrote:

I completely support the testing of a SF ladder. Make ALL items ladder locked and non-trade-able and then raise the drop rates accordingly then those who want to trade can play the normal ladders and those who don't can play SF. Whats the big deal.

The big deal is drop rates being buffed. Drop rates should not be buffed.

You think just cause you has no trade you can get drops buffed. That's unfair.
voted yes of course!

It would bring me back to the game, I haven't played in weeks. I grow tired of not being able to find/craft my own gear and then forced to try and trade if I want upgrades. But to do that, you pretty much need to start flipping first. Economy seems to have a higher value than fun factor. A SFL would change that and I think it would be great.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
radmanvr wrote:
"
maxor wrote:

What exactly isn't fair about it? The only way I can see any kind of point here is if your convinced that the game would be easier. It wouldn't be at all, so whats the problem?
Standard Forever
"
radmanvr: Inb4, as long as SFL drop rates is kept the same and GGG does not have to cut other areas budget to give you anti-social introverts the league you want, I'm ok with that.

But really I don't see why GGG should give the minority their own league just because they have a condition.

If SFL has buffed drop rates I will quit the game and I buy a lot of points probably $300 already. It would feel completely unfair cause I don't have a condition where i have to play solo. I like trading.

Buffed drop rates should not be the answer for no trading in SFL.

Pretty sure inb4 but make an offline mode instead of SFL. In offline mode you can still purchase game features, art, stash and what not. Charge a 1 time fee for purchase of offline mode. Everyone wins.

Nothing the one as you write is worth an answer - drop rates in another league or on another ladder does not affect you, especially if the spoils are not tradeable. Still You are whinning all around abou "unfairness" for solo players. The game is not "fairly" doable (IMHO - Merc Dom as a final) as self found now, this is why we ask for non-trade league and its buffing (a lot of soloplayers are playing solo even now.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
radmanvr wrote:
"
maxor wrote:

What exactly isn't fair about it? The only way I can see any kind of point here is if your convinced that the game would be easier. It wouldn't be at all, so whats the problem?

The problem is a lot of people think we require getting full BiS gear on every single character in SFL, then they view it as unfair. Which would obviously be unfair if it was true.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info