Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

[Removed by Support]

fact1: SFL will split leagues apart. It will well likely double the numbers of leagues at the end.

- If this is good or bad for the game you can decide yourself.

fact2: People have wrong expectations from a SFL

- you can convince yourself by reading this thread. Most ppl who support a SFL expect higher drop rates and easier obtaining of items.

fact 3: When people expect what is described in 2 they in fact do not want a SFL but a league with better droprates (compare feedback forums).
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 21, 2014, 12:19:54 PM
for LSN:
I am really not getting this yours "split league" thing.

Solo self founds are not trading with others and not playing in partys - what will be reason to keep them in standard leagues with "trade" people?

There is only one legitimate thing that could be GGG afraid of IMHO and that is, that they could found that majority of players want to actually play self found and that the core concept of the game (trade for it) is not appealing as they thought it to be.

On the side note i really think that anybody who is harshly opossing the Possibility for self found play is
a) Experienced hardcore player that got through it all, got rich and powerfull through 1000s of hours - His concern is that everyone must sacrificise as much as him to get that gear.
b) Trader (or worse RMT trader) that is concerned that the number of "noobs" he can take advantage of will dwindle and he would not be able to cheat enough form them.
c) Player that invest real money in the game and the possibility that someone will get the same item without paying is making him crazy.
In any case - there are "old schoolers" that will not trade, and not even party. Because these are old schoolers they got not 1000s of free hours for nolifing, but got money for support on the other hand and do not care much about the ammount. IMHO ofcourse - I am one of them.

Only question, and the one for GGG, is, how much money do we get to donate to get our solo self found (possibly just self found).

"
LSN wrote:

Well this is what you think. I don't believe many players quitted PoE because of trading. Not at all. I believe that it were other factors that made them leave which would not be adressed with a SFL itself at all. What is left from your point now? Nothing.

Literally tons of posts of people quitting because of trading/no reward for amount of time invested. Doesn't matter if you don't "believe" it, just browse the forums.

"
LSN wrote:

Anyway splitting apart players is not about trading only. It is about my friend playing in SFL and I in normal league so we can't play together = detrimental to the game.

Also about the splitting leagues thing, people have suggested characters that can be created in the existing leagues flagged as SF that are playing under a different ruleset. Any problems with that? Oh and btw if your "friend" as you say wants to play in an SFL who the fuck are you to stop him? It's like saying "my friend wants to play football but I want to play basketball so yeah fuck football coz I wanna play with him".
ign: ecogen
Last edited by ecogen on Apr 21, 2014, 12:26:52 PM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
radmanvr wrote:

SFL cannot have party because its self found only not other people find and I pick up league or I find and other people pick up league. Self found cab only be solo unless they completely recode how drop works while in a party.

They can make drops 100% permanently allocated which I don't think would be terribly hard to do.

No its not the same cause your buddy can have like %500 IIQ and gets the killing blow but the item would be perma allocated to you instead.

That is not self found, that is other people find but I pick up league.

And don't say whoever gets killing blow gets the items cause what's the whole point of being in party.
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 21, 2014, 12:28:26 PM
"
LSN wrote:
[Removed by Support]

fact1: SFL will split leagues apart. It will well likely double the numbers of leagues at the end.

- If this is good or bad for the game you can decide yourself.

fact2: People have wrong expectations from a SFL

- you can convince yourself by reading this thread. Most ppl who support a SFL expect higher drop rates and easier obtaining of items.

fact 3: When people expect what is described in 2 they in fact do not want a SFL but a league with better droprates (compare feedback forums).

1. Yes this league will pull in some players from the other leagues. I do not think however that it will be a huge amount of people in the end, I think a lot of people will try it and quickly become frustrated that they can't get exactly what they want without trading and will go back to the other leagues. I also think plenty of people (myself included) would play a SFL in conjunction with trading leagues. Why? Because I'm just looking for a different experience than simply trading for anything interesting in the game, I want to approach crafting differently but I won't do this in the current leagues because it would hurt me in the end.

2. Some people probably do, although I don't think it effects the discussion much. I've pointed this out myself that some people will certainly assume this is an easier league and will leave disappointed that its more difficult than the trading leagues. I do however certainly believe that it would be exactly what a number of players are wanting and they would really enjoy it. The Hardcore league is extremely small but GGG keeps it around because they want to give that experience to them. I think a SFL could be the same with or without better drops/crafting.
Standard Forever
"
radmanvr wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
radmanvr wrote:

SFL cannot have party because its self found only not other people find and I pick up league or I find and other people pick up league. Self found cab only be solo unless they completely recode how drop works while in a party.

They can make drops 100% permanently allocated which I don't think would be terribly hard to do.

No its not the same cause your buddy can have like %500 IIQ and gets the killing blow but the item would be perma allocated to you instead.

Don't think it's that hard to have separate loot tables for SF flagged chars. (I might be very wrong though)
ign: ecogen
"
radmanvr wrote:

If you found it then its your item. I personally don't care if your buddies magic find works for you or not. IMO he can have more of the drops since he is the one running the MF.
Standard Forever
Then that's not self found than is it?

And own loot drops would be special treatment and is unfair
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 21, 2014, 12:34:00 PM
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
this is the gear I 'beat' nemisis with and started mapping

I call bullshit. I leveled a spectral throw ranger too and didn't get many of the gems you have. Completed all quests of course. Gems I didn't get were blood magic, reduced mana, added fire damage, melee physical damage and weapon elemental damage. I don't believe you got "lucky" and they all dropped for you.

didnt say it was all self found, I traded for the boots, traded for some of the gems too, muled some... Ive made posts about quest rewards being silly and essential gems being unavailable unless you mule. Quest reward gems needing a look in is not a reason to make a new self found solo league with buffed drop rates. Ambush has gemcutters boxes, its already been pretty much fixed anyway.

"
mrpetrov wrote:
The good news is that we now have some evidence that actually far more players would like to see GGG test a SFL than people who would not like GGG to test it.

no, thats absolutely not true and you know it. Until you have 200,000 players voting you cant say that at all as you know people will be attracted to the thread because they want it, the ones who dont wont be. Regardless of this if you put up a sign that says 'sign here for free money', which is essentially what you have done, people will sign it. People look at SLF and think "yes, buffed drops, easier game, I want in on that, Im a shit player who is intimidated by trade and game knowledge so the down sides dont effect me anyway". Doesnt mean its good for the game, yes we all want to elect the guy thats going to give us free money, that doesnt mean free money is good, that we need it or would really be happier if we had it.

Theres tons of player sin this game who are flat out shit players, and they will always be shit players, and they will always whine on about stuff regardless of what is changed. Not saying thats you, but your thread is a beacon for those people so dont be deluded into thinking GGG dont see that pool for what it is, its meaningless in terms of giving them an indicator on what is good for the game.
"
radmanvr wrote:
Then that's not self found then is it?

I'm legitimately not following you on this, please help me understand your concern.

Your saying if a MF guy gets a killing blow then his buddy shouldn't benefit from that because that wouldn't be self found?

I kind of wish MF was just removed completely so that this conversation didn't even need to happen, I've never liked MF anyway.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info