"This loot system is flawed and needs to change!!"

"
Tandimonium wrote:
"
Unimatrix wrote:
"
Tandimonium wrote:

Well, that escalated quickly. I hear that if your not slow, you don't have this problem. In fact, playing a Witch, I have never lost anything in a public game. It has something to do with not being scared and getting into the fray if something drops that I want.

Nothing's escalating.

You should focus on the battle at hand, not grabbing the loots asap. If you are able or not (in regards to your slow comment) has nothing to with it. If you want a clicking contest, go play angry birds, as mentioned earlier.

Again, I'm not even playing in random groups, never have. But we all know, that there are enough people out there, who make a habit of upping their odds to grab some lewts. Like opening a chest while the rest of the group has their hands full with a nasty champion pack and such things.

Greedy and selfish behaviour doesn't have to be encouraged any further, we got that enough already.

That's all I'm saying.

And I am saying that you have no grasp on the type of gameplay this game was intended to put forth. In a post by Chris about looting, he even states that they WANT people to have to fight each other for loot. SO, this IS how the game is supposed to be. This IS what the Devs wanted.

I really hope if I get exiled someday it is to a place like you think we should be playing in. Maybe we can all hold hands and sing songs.

"We" will never fight each other for the loot. "We" either play solo or with a group of friends and share the loot sensibly. Sue us.

If 40% (yes made up number) don't want to play that way you will not be able to force them to abide to your rules, no matter how self-righteous you are.
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.
"
Tandimonium wrote:

And I am saying that you have no grasp on the type of gameplay this game was intended to put forth. In a post by Chris about looting, he even states that they WANT people to have to fight each other for loot. SO, this IS how the game is supposed to be. This IS what the Devs wanted.

I really hope if I get exiled someday it is to a place like you think we should be playing in. Maybe we can all hold hands and sing songs.

Yeah we get it, you are a tough and cynical guy. Let's not elaborate on that for now, you wouldn't understand it anyway.

It does not matter, that Chris may or may not have stated, that they intended it this way. I'm pretty sure they did, since it's existing this way and they made it. Duh.

This is feedback. All I'm saying is, that I think it's pointless.

And people who are defending it, make it sound as if this was some kind of skill involving or "pro" aspect of the game, which we "whiners" are just too bad for. That's the hilarious part.

Because it is actually hurting the gaming experience and actually encouraging non-"pro" behaviour. Because he who cares more about grabbing his epiX in time is the one who's not getting the point of the game - plus is really lacking some basic social skills. A common phenomenon these days sadly.
Last edited by Unimatrix on Jan 31, 2013, 9:36:09 AM
"
No. Just no.

Fact of the matter is that the FFA system encourages assholes to act like assholes. It might be part of the "fun" for you to be a dick and horde as much decent loot as you can, but for someone who prefers cooperative, civil play, FFA is horrendous and outdated.

Don't give me some BS lines about the "spirit of the game". I understand the game has a dark, hardcore tone. I think that tone will survive if the loot timer is increased and loot not allocated to you is made invisible until the timer runs out.

There is no excuse for a bad loot system. It's poisonous to the community and it obviously is contentious enough to spawn 20 threads a day, so it's time for everyone to nut up and realize that the current system isn't working in the game's favor. Stop pretending you like it just because you support the devs. I support GGG too. I'm a little bit attracted to Chris' absurdly manly (and new) goatee. I am extremely pleased with PoE as a whole, but I want the game to survive. And not just that, I want it to thrive.

There's only one gamebreaking problem with PoE for many (if you don't count jerks asking for respecs) and that's the loot system. Fix it, and you fix 90% of the whining, or at least divert it to more pressing issues. At least if the timer is increased and unallocated loot is temporarily invisible, then we can move on as a community and let the scab that is the loot system heal.

/sigh

There is nothing wrong with FFA. We don't have to please EVERYONE that tries the game. I don't like D3 but I sure as hell don't see them scrambling to make things the way I want them to be. There is nothing to fix other then the methods of blocking people from getting loot.

Until yesterday when I was told:

"
Grossmond wrote:
Not saying you have a wrong opinion but as someone who didn't donate not many people will agree with your opinion of why people donated. Just saying.

I didn't wear my supporter tags because I wanted people to actually concider what I was saying instead of tell me I was just an entitled ass and that I felt I was better then them because I was a donator. So, my status as a donater doesn't matter.
"
Unimatrix wrote:
"
Tandimonium wrote:

Yeah we get it, you are a tough and cynical guy. Let's not elaborate on that for now, you wouldn't understand it anyway.

It does not matter, that Chris may or may not have stated, that they intended it this way. I'm pretty sure they did, since it's existing this way and they made it. Duh.

This is feedback. All I'm saying is, that I think it's pointless.

And people who are defending it, make it sound as if this was some kind of skill involving or "pro" aspect of the game, which we "whiners" are just to bad for. That's the hilarious part.

Because it is actually hurting the gaming experience and actually encouraging non-"pro" behaviour. Because he who cares more about grabbing his epiX in time is the one who's not getting the point of the game - plus is really lacking some basic social skills. A common phenomenon these days sadly.

Well, aren't we all about being derogatory. Keep the insults out of the debate bud, they just make it look like you have no leg to stand on.

As for skill, you are right, it SHOULDN'T take skill to click on an item before the timer runs out. But seeing as there are a lot of people complaining that everything is unfair gives me the impression that it must take skill to do this.

Not-Feedback: The loot system is broke and supports only assholes and it HAS to be fixed or this game will FAIL!

Any chance you see a difference??
"
Tandimonium wrote:
"
"
Tandimonium wrote:

I like how you typed a whole paragraph...just to be wrong.

I like how you say everyone who does not share your opinion is wrong. Without giving any reasoning.

"
Tandimonium wrote:

"Not assigned. For example, unallocated disk space refers to sections of the disk that have not been assigned to partitions, essentially making that section unusable."

I do hope this clears up the fact that after the timer it is no longer yours. So, if you want it, go get it. If you fail to get it, tough shit, you had your chance and failed. Looting an item on the ground that a timer has run out on is in no way breaking "Unspoken rules". Quit blaming everyone else for failing at looting your gear.

However, I absolutely do know that there are some flaws in the system that need work, such as blocking the loot from others and waiting for the timer to go down.

I don't care if you think it was never mine. When I play in a party with five other people, I own a sixth of the loot. Tagging the loot with names is a way of distributing it. If you believe you are entitled to more of the loot because you can click faster on it, I'll simply kick you out of my party.

Since there is no way for the party leader to determine who is taking whose loot, we are asking for a better looting system than we currently have.

What is your problem with that?

KORGAN! My Buddy! Glad to see your here today! But, I must correct you here, you only own what you pick up. You do not own the loot once the timer is gone. I really do not understand how many times this needs to be stated before people understand. Hell, even the people that make the game say this and you still live in LaLa land and say they are wrong lmao.

Edit: You cannot enforce rules that you make up. The game has a set of looting rules that need to be followed. Your personal set of rules do not matter. If I decide to driver 1 mile over the speed limit, should I then expect the rest of the world to do the same even though the speed limit is 85? We don't play around your made up rules.

I'm glad to see you too. (No, really!)

The game changes according to what the players want it to be. I, as a party leader make up rules that are followed by the players, just today I started a party that had "No Ninjas" in the description. Guess what, it was full under a minutes. And I just had to kick one guy. Four others apparently liked the rules set forth by me.

You will not be able to make me follow your silly rules. Just as nobody is able to stop you from going over the speed limit. You can make it harder or annoying for us, but won't be able to bend us to your rules.
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.
"
There is nothing wrong with FFA

What is wrong with FFA is that it is a system that encourages you to act like a jerk and ignore the virtues of teamwork and friendly cooperation. It rewards you for being greedy and a bad partner. It's a bad system, pure and simple, and it poisons communities very quickly.
Last edited by teacherpeter on Jan 31, 2013, 9:43:44 AM
"
Tandimonium wrote:

There is nothing wrong with FFA.

No nothing is wrong with FFA in a non PvP setting, indeed if I set out to deliberately design a mechanism that was more open to exploitation I could not do better despite my years of experience. FFA is a masterpiece of antisocial engineering. Without a doubt the most exploitable, griefer friendly, piece of garbage code I've ever seen in a game of any kind.

"

I'm glad to see you too. (No, really!)

The game changes according to what the players want it to be. I, as a party leader make up rules that are followed by the players, just today I started a party that had "No Ninjas" in the description. Guess what, it was full under a minutes. And I just had to kick one guy. Four others apparently liked the rules set forth by me.

You will not be able to make me follow your silly rules. Just as nobody is able to stop you from going over the speed limit. You can make it harder or annoying for us, but won't be able to bend us to your rules.

Ok, cool. So you keep making your no ninja games and then the devs don't have to change the loot system!
"
"
There is nothing wrong with FFA

What is wrong with FFA is that it is a system that encourages you to act like a jerk and ignore the virtues of teamwork and friendly cooperation. It rewards you for being greedy and a bad partner. It's a bad system, pure and simple, and it poisons communities very quickly.

It creates a accurate gaming experience in PoE. Do you think that a island of exiles are not out for themselves? Were talking a island full of criminals.
"
Tandimonium wrote:

Well, aren't we all about being derogatory. Keep the insults out of the debate bud, they just make it look like you have no leg to stand on.

As for skill, you are right, it SHOULDN'T take skill to click on an item before the timer runs out. But seeing as there are a lot of people complaining that everything is unfair gives me the impression that it must take skill to do this.

Not-Feedback: The loot system is broke and supports only assholes and it HAS to be fixed or this game will FAIL!

Any chance you see a difference??

Where do you see an insult? I did not insult you in any way.

I do see the difference, and I absolutely see my comments under what you labeled as feedback. I mentioned numerous times, that I don't even participate in situations where it would be relevant. And even if they would change it, I'd still not play in random groups.

I just don't get how it is fun or competitive to drag the attention away from the actual gameplay to make sure you get the loot you deserve. It simply doesn't make sense to me, that is all.

It's basically like adding a pointless minigame that is more of an annoyance than anything and hence my credo, that it has no place in a game like this. It just doesn't seem to fit the high standards this game has aside from it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info