"This loot system is flawed and needs to change!!"

"
ongZ wrote:
This game is still a beta, and it has been discussed many times before. GGG has never stated, that the current system is the final decision. Although people should stick to one thread, instead of spamming their suggestions. Diablo 2 ended up being mainly solo-players, as the "ninja-looting" was very discouraging.

What D2 did you play? It was mostly Baal runs in groups (usually led by a bot) and everyone spam aoe'd down mobs.
"
Sknilegap wrote:
"
ongZ wrote:
This game is still a beta, and it has been discussed many times before. GGG has never stated, that the current system is the final decision. Although people should stick to one thread, instead of spamming their suggestions. Diablo 2 ended up being mainly solo-players, as the "ninja-looting" was very discouraging.

What D2 did you play? It was mostly Baal runs in groups (usually led by a bot) and everyone spam aoe'd down mobs.

If you had a weak character, yea, or was in the process of lvl'ing.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Very well said,
You cannot always please everyone. One thing you COULD do is make party options where you could turn on longer loot timers. But that wouldn't matter anyway since the essence of this game is to trade and barter for what you need, and the chance of looting a perfect set for yourself is basically impossible.
"
Omnivore61 wrote:
As a long time hard core pvp veteran of various games, I have to say, FFA looting in a PvE context sucks the big one. It is practically all reward and no risk for the 'ninja'. If the devs truly wanted a 'cut throat' feel, then allow pvp and full corpse looting along with FFA and longer portal/alt-f4 delays. That would be hardcore. This is phfftt playground bully in a rich kid's school. Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

What I don't get is why you all feel so threatened by an instance loot option.

No risk? Do you play melee on cruel? I "ninja" gear sometimes because I'm leaping in to piles of enemies melee aoe and surviving it. Just the way things go. The glass cannons that keep complaining would do the samething. Funny how they act like they would not.

Melee takes the bigger risk and gets the bigger reward :). Usually if it's someone useful in the group and the item that drops is something they could use I'll be nice and toss it down for them. If it's something they would not use sorry it's mine don't like it then get more hp,resist,leech,Life on hit, armor, etc and jump in the shit storm with me :)
Phenom 2 955 Quad Oc'ed 4.2 Ghz - Biostar A780L3G 760G
2 x 2gb Adata Gamer DDR3 1333 - GTX480 EVGA Undervolted & Oc'ed
SeaSonic S12II Bronze 620W - OCZ Vertex 2 55gb/OCZ Agility2 120gb/500gb WD Green
If you let the timer expire, then fuck it, I'm taking it.
"
Tandimonium wrote:
PoE is one of the last games with a FFA based loot and it needs to remain that way for those of us who enjoy a little competition.

There's no "competition" in ffa loot, just like there's no "community" in bartering.
"
CD23 wrote:
"
Tandimonium wrote:
PoE is one of the last games with a FFA based loot and it needs to remain that way for those of us who enjoy a little competition.

There's no "competition" in ffa loot, just like there's no "community" in bartering.

There absolutely is, I am trying to beat you to that item, that is competition.
All it does it stop me from playing with random people.

I'd rather solo and get all the loot then party with a random and potentially lose even 1 orb of alchemy.

I will ONLY party with friends and sadly only 1 of my friends plays this game and rarely at that, so PoE is a solo game for me.
"
Zenn3k wrote:

I'd rather solo and get all the loot then party with a random and potentially lose even 1 orb of alchemy.

I will ONLY party with friends and sadly only 1 of my friends plays this game and rarely at that, so PoE is a solo game for me.

Many people play solo, and that is fine. People choosing to play solo doesn't mean that there is a flaw with the game, just that you prefer to play solo.
"
Zenn3k wrote:

Same here. Whether I play melee like I did in CB or EK shadow as I do now in OB when I still play, I play solo. FFA to me just means anti-social types I can't be bothered with in real life let alone in a game. The lack of an instance loot option means I'll end up continuing to play less and less until sometime in a month or two I just stop logging in at all.

No partying equals no socialization equals boring game after the first run through equals time to play another game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info