"This loot system is flawed and needs to change!!"

I donated to the game as well, and had nothing to do with the loot too...

And also I Hate FFA Loot with passion...

PS. yet another loot thread... 40 pages... what, the first locked thread is over the limit at what, 800 pages now?

Will this MADNESS ever stop???
Last edited by BigBadWolf1776 on Mar 21, 2013, 9:12:25 AM
I just wanted to add my view on this:

Firstly, I believe this thread survived because it was specifically the opposite of what most threads were. Most threads were "This is why it's broken, this is what needs to be done to fix it." This thread is "This is why it's not broken, this is why it doesn't need to be fixed."

That, or it got left behind (no one posted on it) so it didn't surface to mods during the time loot threads were locked.

Secondly, I've only been playing since OB started, but I love this game. Everything about it. The exceptions being bugs such as Desync or the like.

I like the FFA loot system. I want it to stay because there is no alternative for me. No other game has this style of play and I love this style of play. Whereas, there are soooo many MMO's that have instanced loot and the like within them. I have no alternative, the people asking the system to change for them do. I don't see how that's fair at all.

Thirdly, I'm a college student, and sadly, that means I'm low on money and have to consider where my time and money goes. This summer, I'm getting a job, and I can guarantee you that GGG will get an ample amount of what I earn from that job. They made a great game, and gave it to me and the masses for free.

I'll also be doing that because of the loot system. It's one of the things I like most about the game.

Now, if you want to flame me, go for it. But this is how I play the game:

Get ALL the loot, timer irrelevant. (If possible)
Ask if anyone wants the loot, giving first dibs to the ones who need it (i.e. Rare Wands go to Witches or wand users in general).
I link it in chat of course ID'd.
If they don't want it, I ask the rest of the group.
If they don't want it, I keep it and vendor it later or save it for a build.

This is with the new patch. Before, I gave first dibs to the one who's name was on the item.

Currency and the like I handle a different way, but it's similar to that one.

So don't say "You want FFA because you want to ninja". I don't. I want FFA because I want my choice to be "good" to matter to me. If I had no choice but to share, sharing would be pointless in my eyes. Whether people agree with that stance is irrelevant. It's how I view the game. It's my personal opinion.

An out for this, such as instanced loot, for me, would have a similar effect.

Fourthly, having separate leagues would be acceptable in my eyes for this issue.

FFA is, or can be, quite a bit harder than any other loot system choice. I don't like the idea of players who play the game differently mixing. In other words, if I'm #2 on the ladder for my league, I don't want to feel like #1 on the ladder used instanced loot to get there.

If loot options were added, they should be the same way different death penalty choice is added. HC has perma-death, while SC has XP penalty death. Separate leagues for a reason.

Obviously, there are likely reasons against this, such as fracturing the player base, server resources, etc etc, but that's how I view it.

Lastly, I'd prefer the game stay the same. I want it to be what GGG envisions because I enjoy their vision. I'd love it if the loot system went back to pure FFA.

That's my view on it all anyway.
I agree since it was implemented I would never go into a group ever again and Kripp just showed me on how stupid the loot system really is.
"
D3Perfecto93 wrote:
I agree since it was implemented I would never go into a group ever again and Kripp just showed me on how stupid the loot system really is.

I truly don't understand people who base all of the beliefs on the views of others. Do you not have the capability to think for yourself?

Although I agree the loot system is bad, if it took Kripp telling you to know what YOUR opinion on it was, then you don't deserve to have an opinion. Fucking ditto-heads.
Last edited by thepmrc on Mar 21, 2013, 5:09:34 PM
lol ya, krip with his frost wall "technique" XD
FFA loot systems are always bad. Why? They discourage people from playing with other people. Grouping is so sparse in this game it's pathetic. Why would I ever make a public group for anything? Sure I can invite my little circle of friends, but that's not the big social experience that a massive multiplayer is supposed to be. I don't make any new friends. Trying to make new friends is a serious risk. This loot system will lose GGG more players than it will keep them. Multiplayer games that set the play base against one another are counter-productive. You have to encourage group play. This system doesn't.
"
Kiran04 wrote:
Trying to make new friends is a serious risk. This loot system will lose GGG more players than it will keep them. Multiplayer games that set the play base against one another are counter-productive. You have to encourage group play. This system doesn't.

You are playing the wrong game.

If trying to make new friends is a serious risk, you are doing it wrong.

If it loses more players than it keeps, it will still keep players. That's all that's needed. From what GGG has done and said, their primary goal is to make a game they are willing to play. A game that they like. Money is secondary only to the point where they make enough to sustain themselves and the game. More is better but not the primary goal.

As the OP stated, if everyone who didn't like this loot system left, the ones who stay are the type to stay forever. We could sustain this game without the carebears. And I think GGG are fine with that. If their actions in regards to the loot system say anything.

"
TremorAcePV wrote:
As the OP stated, if everyone who didn't like this loot system left, the ones who stay are the type to stay forever. We could sustain this game without the carebears. And I think GGG are fine with that. If their actions in regards to the loot system say anything.

I'll probably stay forever and I don't like the loot system. I also donated and I didn't like it when I donated. I don't want them to CHANGE the system. I want them to give us OPTIONS. My biggest complaint is the "our way or the highway" mentality they have about loot. They've shown a much more reasonable fan based approach with other aspects of the game but Chris has a vision of what a fun loot system is and he is ready to say "play my way or don't play". It wouldn't be that difficult to give party leaders two options, FFA or non-FFA. I don't understand why all the FFA fans are against having another option. Seems ridiculously rigid to say it has to be the way you want it and if someone doesn't like FFA loot then they're a "carebear" (I'm not) or that they aren't "hardcore" (I am). I just don't like FFA loot.

Having said that this thread should get closed just like all the threads arguing against the current system get closed. Not sure why one supporting the system is left open long enough to garner 45 pages of replies.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Mar 21, 2013, 9:02:34 PM
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
TremorAcePV wrote:

I'll probably stay forever and I don't like the loot system. I also donated and I didn't like it when I donated. I don't want them to CHANGE the system. I want them to give us OPTIONS. My biggest complaint is the "our way or the highway" mentality they have about loot. They've shown a much more reasonable fan based approach with other aspects of the game but Chris has a vision of what a fun loot system is and he is ready to say "play my way or don't play". It wouldn't be that difficult to give party leaders two options, FFA or non-FFA. I don't understand why all the FFA fans are against having another option. Seems ridiculously rigid to say it has to be the way you want it and if someone doesn't like FFA loot then they're a "carebear" (I'm not) or that they aren't "hardcore" (I am). I just don't like FFA loot.

Having said that this thread should get closed just like all the threads arguing against the current system get closed. Not sure why one supporting the system is left open long enough to garner 45 pages of replies.

I completely agree with the above. I love this game except for the loot system. No disrespect to the devs intended, but it really does seem like they are telling us what's fun. We just want the option to play the way we already know is fun for us.
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
"
TheSwampDog wrote:
I completely agree with the above. I love this game except for the loot system. No disrespect to the devs intended, but it really does seem like they are telling us what's fun. We just want the option to play the way we already know is fun for us.

Well, the thing is, they are first and foremost making a game that is fun for them. If something takes away from their fun, they likely won't add it to the game.

They want it a certain way for a reason. That's why they are so begrudgingly, slightly, changing the loot system as is. Because they are ever so slowly adding the "We want others to enjoy it too" idea to it.

Also, read my "how I view it" post about 5-7 posts up.

Maybe options makes it less fun for others. You saying "It doesn't. It shouldn't. It [insert whatever here]." or what have you means nothing as it changes nothing. It would make it less fun for me if they were added. I know that the same way you know playing a certain way will be more fun for you.

Our desires for the game are opposite. That's just how it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info