[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

now lvl 72, soloing is kinda ok but in groups (more than 2 player) the DD initial hit and ignit dmg does nothing. I even got the Immolation cluster, ok i have to say that my gear sucks but still :(
"There is only one God, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today." -Syrio Forel

HC-Only|IGN: OhneTemplerTemplar
DE Wiki: de.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by Ahrenos on Mar 11, 2014, 1:05:36 PM
"
Jaim wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the support gem "Increased Burning Damage" does not work with Detonate Dead, since the burning damage you deal is done by Ignite caused by Detonate Dead fire damage, and not directly by the skill itself. Only burning and fire damage from skill points and gear work on DD ignite.

Regarding how weak 4-link DD feels in mid game:
Between levels 40 and 60 I tried out DD couple of times. The damage was just dreadful, and Searing Totem was so much faster at clearing stuff. Even white mobs could withstand multiple Detonations.

However, after reaching level 60 or so and starting to do some Docks runs (note that many of the mobs here are inherently resistant to fire) Detonate Dead far surpassed Searing Totem as my farming skill as DD now kills white enemies with single explosion.
I still use Searing Totem in tandem with DD when killing Rares, but for everything else DD is just better because of the much larger area on which it deals damage to. Clearing large packs with Searing Totem is much worse than using DD.
It is also really important to keep up that Flammability on your targets at all times.

I am going to start doing maps now and expect to have quite high clearing speed.

I believe the increased burning damage support does work, but I'm not 100% sure. I've seen other players use it in their DD setup. It also works for skills like explosive arrow and fireball. Dont see any reason for it not to work.

Can anyone confirm one way or the other?
What should it be linked with if you only have a 5L carcass jack....im debating between DD - Ignite - ele prolif - fire pen - x

x being ethier increased burning dmg or conc effect....anybody have any insight? Increased burning damage does work. but I just upgrading to carcass jack and im thinking of switching to conc effect since I have more radius now.
Last edited by bigpife55 on Mar 11, 2014, 9:16:29 PM
"
Lidds wrote:
But if the zone level is like 66 is it capped to 66?

I believe it is

"
dlrr wrote:
Hey fite, quick question, how does the AOE life leech nerf affect your build? I know it screwed VP over big time but just wondering if life leech got screwed badly as well. Thanks!

I never even use Life Leech so haven't noticed this change

"
bigpife55 wrote:
What should it be linked with if you only have a 5L carcass jack....im debating between DD - Ignite - ele prolif - fire pen - x

x being ethier increased burning dmg or conc effect....anybody have any insight? Increased burning damage does work. but I just upgrading to carcass jack and im thinking of switching to conc effect since I have more radius now.

I'm using Conc Effect as my 5th in Carcass Jack right now.

Regarding all the 'complaints' about DD not being as good as Searing Bond while leveling ;
I know. That's because it isn't. Searing Bond (and Flameblast) are BROKEN and do way too much damage especially on lower levels even after the nerf to Searing Bond.
First off; Fite, thanks. Love the build, I've been rolling through zones way above my level with self-found gear (was doing Merciless Catacombs at 60). It's a blast.

Gear (for reference):
Spoiler

(and yes, I found the 6L chest. It was white, I alch'ed it up; it's not very good, but it's good enough. 6L makes this build shine like a burning zombie. I did have to buy the windscream boots; though, those are a luxury. I just like being able to use enfeeble on CwDT and not have it overwrite Flammability.) I'd love to get a 6L Carcass Jack, but that's out of my price range for now, and finding it is always a minor miracle.

Passive tree at level 69:

I'm a bit light on life for level 69 (about 2300, with a 667 mana pool spare with Clarity and Grace running). I plan on spending the levels in the 70's shoring up the pool with the 4 nodes off the road to Iron Reflexes, and the 3 in the top left (with life+chaos resists). Will also be finishing up the entropy damage nodes on the top of the tree, and the health nodes next door. That should take me through early 80's, and I'll reassess survivability then to determine the next path. (Actually debating taking the evasion wheel, since that's more survivability, with the added bonus of eliminating armor movement penalty. Not optimal build, sure, but I hate moving slowly).

For those of you that are struggling with it, have faith. The 6L chest completely opened up my world...and I let it burn.

Flammability. Desecrate. Squeeeeeeeze that trigger on Detonate Dead. Boom.
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
Last edited by RediusMaximus on Mar 12, 2014, 2:40:45 PM
"
RediusMaximus wrote:
First off; Fite, thanks. Love the build, I've been rolling through zones way above my level with self-found gear (was doing Merciless Catacombs at 60). It's a blast.

Gear (for reference):
Spoiler

(and yes, I found the 6L chest. It was white, I alch'ed it up; it's not very good, but it's good enough. 6L makes this build shine like a burning zombie. I did have to buy the windscream boots; though, those are a luxury. I just like being able to use enfeeble on CwDT and not have it overwrite Flammability.) I'd love to get a 6L Carcass Jack, but that's out of my price range for now, and finding it is always a minor miracle.

Passive tree at level 69:

I'm a bit light on life for level 69 (about 2300, with a 667 mana pool spare with Clarity and Grace running). I plan on spending the levels in the 70's shoring up the pool with the 4 nodes off the road to Iron Reflexes, and the 3 in the top left (with life+chaos resists). Will also be finishing up the entropy damage nodes on the top of the tree, and the health nodes next door. That should take me through early 80's, and I'll reassess survivability then to determine the next path. (Actually debating taking the evasion wheel, since that's more survivability, with the added bonus of eliminating armor movement penalty. Not optimal build, sure, but I hate moving slowly).

For those of you that are struggling with it, have faith. The 6L chest completely opened up my world...and I let it burn.

Flammability. Desecrate. Squeeeeeeeze that trigger on Detonate Dead. Boom.

are you on hc? cause I have about 2500 health and in merc anything with chaos is almost 2 shoting me I wont dear progress thru merc till I get better gear with at least some chaos resists do u not have this issue?
Hello Fite, this Build seems very Strong, but can i use it with Tabula Rasa or Cloak of Defiance aswell ?
Any chance you could post a updated skill tree to for the current patch <3

thank you sir
Hi fite and everyone else who is using this build. How do you manage to get enough Dex and Str to use all your gems? Is there enough from the build or does it have to be supplemented via gear?
Last edited by Trickery70 on Mar 12, 2014, 11:49:33 PM
<3 it's really fun to play and seems kinda op =D

Spoiler

No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info