Highest tooltip dps?

"
rinleezwins wrote:
Tooltip dps isn't always reflecting the actual damage, a great example of that would be spectral throw.

I get trolled for saying this...
"
kasub wrote:

Have yet to see a "tanky" CoC build. The best example I saw was a vaal pact CoC build that did good due to insane leech/burst of damage. It was still a standard build since it had no real defenses beyond vaal pact.

I've seen arctic armor cyclone builds which did ok but still low HP.. seen the block version which ended up having meh DPS.

The ranger version of CoC with ondar's is fairly tanky. My planned build for it for one my next projects as all evasion/dodge passives, 220% life and will easily achieve 50-60% crit. It's dps will be lower than the cyclone/discharge/EK builds of course but it should be pretty interesting.
"
"
"

It's been a hobby of mine since Closed Beta to make low tooltip dps viable builds. Viper Strike is probably the earliest example of the tooltip dps going 'huhwhaTOOHARDMATH!'...so your logic here, that CoC should be removed simply because the tooltip dps can't keep up, is pretty weak.

That's not the reason, it should be removed simply because it's gay.

Actually, read what you said. You said, precisely, 'that's why'.

Anyway, I like your second reason more. A compelling argument. I'll pass that one onto Chris for you. :)

edit: I'm not serious.

edit: Neither am i, if i was, i would have said that it didn't fit in the game because it bypasses cast time allowing something to be cast a 100 times per sec.
"

Anyway, I like your second reason more. A compelling argument. I'll pass that one onto Chris for you. :)

edit: I'm not serious.

As long as you have the inside line to Chris.

A gem that bypasses mana cost and cast time ? Really, what were they thinking ?

And who in their right mind calls a 10ms cooldown timer a "fix". How about a cast time cooldown timer, you know, because it's called CAST on critical.

Really, I'd like to know.
Man you guys are so upset

winssssss
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 21, 2014, 8:08:11 PM
"
Namcap wrote:

The ranger version of CoC with ondar's is fairly tanky. My planned build for it for one my next projects as all evasion/dodge passives, 220% life and will easily achieve 50-60% crit. It's dps will be lower than the cyclone/discharge/EK builds of course but it should be pretty interesting.

Shhhh tell no one.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pretty good with RT I guess

And for FP

What's the Build for the 1st pic?
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Shhhh tell no one.

Technically same or very similar build as mine (WELDER, in sig) but you can afford normal 6L (unlike my tabula) and have taken acro /spell acro and probably ondars, which I still might do.

btw arc hampers your dps; it cannot work with LMP, shock stacks are nice in party but fireball is much better there.

I use FB, ice spear and freezing pulse, i don't need additional leech gem. My dps is probably triple as yours but I'm more glassy, yes (I don't mind thou).

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
Last edited by Thorien_Kell on Feb 22, 2014, 2:14:50 AM
"
"
"

You could be doing 10 tooltip DPS while actually doing 500.000 DPS.
and that's why CoC needs to be deleted from the game.

It's been a hobby of mine since Closed Beta to make low tooltip dps viable builds. Viper Strike is probably the earliest example of the tooltip dps going 'huhwhaTOOHARDMATH!'...so your logic here, that CoC should be removed simply because the tooltip dps can't keep up, is pretty weak.

That's not the reason, it should be removed simply because it's [Removed by Support].

No homophobic slur please.
Are you implying CoC gems are sexually attracted to members of their own gender?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 22, 2014, 2:42:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info