Highest tooltip dps?

"

You could be doing 10 tooltip DPS while actually doing 500.000 DPS.
and that's why CoC needs to be deleted from the game.

CoC is fine. I'm running CoC; it's high adrenaline glass cannon; one mistake and you're down. Similar to old school discharger. Some builds are like afk immortal. If you want to nerf something, nerf those.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
kasub wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
yet, facebreaker got nerfed when it was doing 50k max lol

Very different kind of DPS. Tooltip DPS isn't everything.

Tooltip dps is nothing. I can give you throngs of examples of various builds that seem weak on tooltip dps but wreak the game; from my SA ele archer, to searing bond totemancers, to incinerate tanks, to my CoCer, to buzzsaw auramancers. Not to mention Summoners. All crap dps, all total killers.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"

flicker 516936
frenzy 420987

please, pretty please, show us the math for that...

your crit chance and multiplier look way too low for that kind of damage to be possible.

the flicker dps is before they changed dps toolbar to reflect per hit damage. it would be closer to 30 000 now.

the frenzy dps is with aura leeching and not self buffed, its closer to 100k without.

yeah- well best build i ever had was 15k with hatred.

so still like to understand how that kind of damage is possible.

well ,without 50% crit and 500% multiplier.
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
"

CoC is fine. I'm running CoC; it's high adrenaline glass cannon; one mistake and you're down. Similar to old school discharger. Some builds are like afk immortal. If you want to nerf something, nerf those.

I've tried it, if you're a glass cannon then you're doing something wrong, just like any other build.
Tooltip dps isn't always reflecting the actual damage, a great example of that would be spectral throw.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Pretty good with RT I guess

And for FP

It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Feb 21, 2014, 5:37:38 PM
Tooltips are deceiving yo
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I love my Explosive Arrow build for this. My tooltip dps is around 66.1dps. With curse + EE however, I kill rares and the majority of uniques in 1 explosion, so technically 5 attacks I guess, but it takes a bit less than 1 seconds to do 5 stacks. The best is when I attack a pack, and a random rare runs in from off screen afterwards, and still dies to the proliferation before getting even remotely close to me. I've killed map bosses without knowing they were there in the pack. You just attack, then it rains loot and you go "oh yeah the boss is in this room".

As for high tooltip dps, I think my highest has only been around 22k and that was with a facebreaker BoR infernal blow build, so my gear clearly sucks.
"
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
"

I've tried it, if you're a glass cannon then you're doing something wrong, just like any other build.

Have yet to see a "tanky" CoC build. The best example I saw was a vaal pact CoC build that did good due to insane leech/burst of damage. It was still a standard build since it had no real defenses beyond vaal pact.

I've seen arctic armor cyclone builds which did ok but still low HP.. seen the block version which ended up having meh DPS.
"
"

It's been a hobby of mine since Closed Beta to make low tooltip dps viable builds. Viper Strike is probably the earliest example of the tooltip dps going 'huhwhaTOOHARDMATH!'...so your logic here, that CoC should be removed simply because the tooltip dps can't keep up, is pretty weak.

That's not the reason, it should be removed simply because it's [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jake_GGG on Feb 22, 2014, 2:51:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info