The official POE Dating Thread!!

"
"
@k1rage

No I am 25 and still really shy around girls. I guess I'm just never going to be social *sigh*

well 25 is still pretty young in my book. I wouldn't worry to much about being social, at lest not at first.

Work on yourself first, get in the best shape you can possibly be in. It will make you more confident and women respond to that. Not mention women prefer an in shape fella. Also do everything you can to be as successful as possible in your career. Women like successful men and a little money helps too lol

If you do these things worthwhile women will like you

in the mean time try not to get down on yourself, depressed men come off as weak and not confident and they hate that.

Shy is not a problem if you are successful, in good shape, and nice.
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

well 25 is still pretty young in my book. I wouldn't worry to much about being social, at lest not at first.

Work on yourself first, get in the best shape you can possibly be in. It will make you more confident and women respond to that. Not mention women prefer an in shape fella. Also do everything you can to be as successful as possible in your career. Women like successful men and a little money helps too lol

in the mean time try not to get down on yourself, depressed men come off as weak and not confident and they hate that.

If you get in shape but you can't communicate with women, you will attract women who only care about your physical shape.

If you get a successful career but you can't communicate with women, you will attract women who only care about your career.

Being in good shape and having a solid career is something you should be doing for yourself, not for others.

If the fundamental problem the guy is identifying is that he's shy around women, the way to go about solving it is to communicate with women. Just talk to them. They actually like to talk, and what they like even more is someone who listens to them. It's that fucking simple. Why and how most guys go about it in all these roundabout ways is totally beyond me.

It's a bit like lacking confidence in physical confrontations and going to the gym to pump iron instead of to a boxing or MMA gym. When you lack skill in doing something, you get down to doing that thing, not some other thing which may or may not be related. Yes, lifting weights is easier and you don't risk getting punched, but it won't teach you to fight either. There are no good roundabout solutions. You have to put the big boy pants on and confront exactly what makes you uncomfortable.

Spoiler
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 7, 2017, 8:52:20 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

If you get in shape but you can't communicate with women, you will attract women who only care about your physical shape.

If you get a successful career but you can't communicate with women, you will attract women who only care about your career.

Being in good shape and having a solid career is something you should be doing for yourself, not for others.

If the fundamental problem the guy is identifying is that he's shy around women, the way to go about solving it is to communicate with women. Just talk to them. They actually like to talk, and what they like even more is someone who listens to them. It's that fucking simple. Why and how most guys go about it in all these roundabout ways is totally beyond me.

It's a bit like lacking confidence in physical confrontations and going to the gym to pump iron instead of to a boxing or MMA gym. When you lack skill in doing something, you get down to doing that thing, not some other thing which may or may not be related. Yes, lifting weights is easier and you don't risk getting punched, but it won't teach you to fight either. There are no good roundabout solutions. You have to put the big boy pants on and confront exactly what makes you uncomfortable.

Spoiler

well to be fair most women care about how you look to some extent

and you are right that those are things you should do for ones self

but once you do those things you become a more confident person and it gets easyer to talk to people of both sexes

at least thats my personal experience.

I mean you dont really need to "learn to communicate with them" they are not some alien race lol, just be nice and treat them like normal human beings. Dont drool over or worship them but dont be one of those guys that thinks being an ass to women is the way to get them either.

basically what I was saying is become the most awesome version of you that you can be then just be a nice guy and the rest will sort itself out.
I dont see any any key!
Looking into expanding my harem. Currently accepting applications (pst) ty
"
k1rage wrote:

I mean you dont really need to "learn to communicate with them" they are not some alien race lol, just be nice and treat them like normal human beings. Dont drool over or worship them but dont be one of those guys that thinks being an ass to women is the way to get them either.

They are an alien race to a guy who is shy around them.

"Dont drool over or worship them but dont be one of those guys that thinks being an ass to women is the way to get them either."

This is essentially correct. And it reminds me of a chess anecdote. This allegedly happened in real life:

The national chess team is preparing for a major international tournament. A high-ranking politician is sent to talk to them, but he knows nothing about chess. The guy gives them some well-meaning platitudes like "believe in yourself, work as a team", yada yada, and ends with this precious gem of advice: "And guys, remember: you should only make strong moves."

You're saying he should only make strong moves. This doesn't happen just because you want it to happen. You have to make a lot of moves, some of them good, some of them bad, and learn.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
well I used to be extremely shy around females, then one day I stooped caring what they thought.

I assumed they would hate me, but the opposite happened once i stopped worrying if they "liked me" or not it was easy to talk to them and sometimes they liked me sometimes not

Also for shy dudes dont worry if you fail, its going to happen probably a lot if your like me lol

but the right girl will like you and one day she will end up running your life lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

I assumed they would hate me, but the opposite happened once i stopped worrying if they "liked me" or not it was easy to talk to them and sometimes they liked me sometimes not

So, you stopped worrying about only making strong moves and just played? :)

Nothing to add.
"
Bars wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

Nothing to add.

basically yeah

I still dont win most of the time, but really you only need to win once right?
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

Nothing to add.

basically yeah

I still dont win most of the time, but really you only need to win once right?

Yep.

anyone else here like to eat booty like grocery
anything is everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info