Summoner Fire Witch Guide (video included)

^ Void just said he's changed to Arc himself, he's making a post about it tomorrow. Afaik he's done just that, simply changed the fire nodes to lightning.
Oh, i must have missed that post, my bad. But apparently i wasnt totally wrong going Arc then :P
Noob witch here. What is Arc? And will this change the skill point set up in the passive tree for the first 20 levels?(referring to the OP)
Last edited by Demious on Jan 31, 2013, 9:58:46 PM
Do you notice any weaknesses with this build? Are there any times that you struggled with it?
Arc is a lightning spell that bounces between up to 4(?) mobs, and i dont think the skilltree begins to differ until lvl 50-60 perhaps, it's just the fire nodes you switch to lightning basically. VoidMoon is writing/have wrote a new guide for Arc-summoner
Voidmoon, which build you think has best farming capabilities in maps between your medium summon/fire build and your heavy summon/arc build?
I have a few questions about this build (i am going to follow it but i might have some improvement for my liking but im a newbie at the game so it might be for the worse what i would like to change)

A witch/mage for me is someone who uses magic to wipe out everything they are a force to be reckoned with they attack slower then assasins but their damage is stronger then anything else they are experts at aoe destruction and deal high amount of damage to single target foes aswell.

that is what a mage for me is, this build do look intresting thats why i will start to build just like this and make some changes when i know what the changes will change that is something i can't really do right now to new at the game.

I don't see fireball with dex supports being viable in here becouse the lack of dex, this build does however have quite a high amount of str so i would think using fireball with either added fire damage gem or weapon elemental damage gem with fire penitration would be perfect for single target destruction.

in the aoe i would have firestorm with increase aoe, duration and added firedamage/weapon elemental damage, i would see this setup have more damage and hit a lot more enemies then fireball with LMP and pierce.

my setup wouldn't require to get +dex on your gear instead of getting more effective stats from gear that help you a lot more in terms of both damage and defenses.

Would like some feedback on how this setup would be.
"
Nailroth wrote:
I have a few questions about this build (i am going to follow it but i might have some improvement for my liking but im a newbie at the game so it might be for the worse what i would like to change)

A witch/mage for me is someone who uses magic to wipe out everything they are a force to be reckoned with they attack slower then assasins but their damage is stronger then anything else they are experts at aoe destruction and deal high amount of damage to single target foes aswell.

that is what a mage for me is, this build do look intresting thats why i will start to build just like this and make some changes when i know what the changes will change that is something i can't really do right now to new at the game.

I don't see fireball with dex supports being viable in here becouse the lack of dex, this build does however have quite a high amount of str so i would think using fireball with either added fire damage gem or weapon elemental damage gem with fire penitration would be perfect for single target destruction.

in the aoe i would have firestorm with increase aoe, duration and added firedamage/weapon elemental damage, i would see this setup have more damage and hit a lot more enemies then fireball with LMP and pierce.

my setup wouldn't require to get +dex on your gear instead of getting more effective stats from gear that help you a lot more in terms of both damage and defenses.

Would like some feedback on how this setup would be.

I'd like to clear this up by saying that fireball built with lmp and fork / pierce does more dps than firestorm in my experience, this isn't to say you can't use it though.

The build does have lower dex, but there are 2 easily accessible 30 dex nodes available.
"
cokmasterxxx wrote:
Voidmoon, which build you think has best farming capabilities in maps between your medium summon/fire build and your heavy summon/arc build?

Here is a video I just made that shows my arc build in an end game map:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_5xTT4YbKQ&feature=youtu.be

It's pretty effective.
Last edited by VoidMoon on Feb 1, 2013, 10:07:38 PM
"
VoidMoon wrote:
Guys, I'm now running a heavy summoner build with arc now. I'll be making a new post tomorrow.

is the arc passive skill tree basically the same as this one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info