The Master Blaster - Ignitebike Flameblast Ignition [1.1.0 BUILDS]

"
corbinstuard wrote:
Why did you opt out of DoT damage in Shadow/Witch area and instead focus for increased area/damage?

The entropy nodes are great but in the end you gain more damage, utility, and HP heading into the Templar starting area. It also freed up points to combine Blast Radius and Amplify, giving us phenomenal screen coverage with prolif. Finally, I felt as though it made for better end-game point investment when pushing into level 90 and beyond.

"
andr4780 wrote:
Hi, any thoughts on using Hrimnor's Resolve Samite Helmet ?? :) i mean the 30% fire dmg is amazing

If you can spare the HP and resists it's a great helm. I wouldn't bother with a low- or mid-range roll, though.

"
onijacques wrote:
Which nodes do u recommend i go for next, now that i have the core of the build at hand?

You're in a very sweet spot here. Pick up the aura nodes if they allow you to run another aura; otherwise, it's damage node time! The burn damage nodes will complement your Searing Touch nicely. Beyond that, head toward Witch if you want pure damage, or Templar if your HP is feeling a bit light.
"
kechari wrote:

The entropy nodes are great but in the end you gain more damage, utility, and HP heading into the Templar starting area. It also freed up points to combine Blast Radius and Amplify, giving us phenomenal screen coverage with prolif. Finally, I felt as though it made for better end-game point investment when pushing into level 90 and beyond.

Do you have a formula on hand to cite higher damage from Blast Radius/Amplify vs Entropy? I'm struggling to find out which actually offers more damage and where they offer it specifically.
Last edited by corbinstuard on Jan 13, 2014, 4:20:25 PM
"
corbinstuard wrote:
Do you have a formula on hand to cite higher damage from Blast Radius/Amplify vs Entropy? I'm struggling to find out which actually offers more damage and where they offer it specifically.

The logic is based off the 1.0.2 patch:

"
Generic modifiers to damage dealt will now apply to damage over time that your character causes. Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply. Non-specific "increased damage" modifiers will apply to damage over time. Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.

Since we're triggering the ignite from an area-based attack, we should see the same double-dip damage return on Area Damage nodes as we do from Elemental or Fire Damage modifiers. Even if not, the key benefit of Blast Radius / Amplify is the screen coverage they offer in conjunction with proliferate.
"
kechari wrote:
"
corbinstuard wrote:

The logic is based off the 1.0.2 patch:

"
Generic modifiers to damage dealt will now apply to damage over time that your character causes. Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply. Non-specific "increased damage" modifiers will apply to damage over time. Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.

Since we're triggering the ignite from an area-based attack, we should see the same double-dip damage return on Area Damage nodes as we do from Elemental or Fire Damage modifiers. Even if not, the key benefit of Blast Radius / Amplify is the screen coverage they offer in conjunction with proliferate.

You are correct, see here:

Daniel_GGG wrote:
Area of effect damage modifiers apply to DoTs caused by AoEs.

So basically, % DoT and % Burn damage nodes should be ignored if you can take Fire/Elemental/Area % damage nodes.

As a tangent, I've been talking to Invalesco on the merits of the Fire Pen gem. He suggests instead swapping it out for Added Cold/Lightning damage, and then grabbing avatar of fire. Due to our Fire Pen gem not applying to Burn damage, this should result in a higher damage initial blast which buffs our burn damage indirectly. Also, because Added Cold/Lightning are static amounts of damage, they are receiving modifier buffs from spell damage, fire damage, and area damage. What do you think?

Damage testing on same mob, 1 stack flameblast, swapping out Kaoms with Cloak of Flame

kaom: http://i.imgur.com/0WjjrQL.jpg
cloak of flame: http://i.imgur.com/OCcaByt.jpg

kaom: http://i.imgur.com/J4U2Fo3.jpg
cloak of flame: http://i.imgur.com/3T9cmIM.jpg
Last edited by corbinstuard on Jan 13, 2014, 9:48:57 PM
Wouldn't it be better to just specc out of the two aura effect nodes by Sovereignty, use one extra point and get Inner Force?
I have done quite a few maps now with this build: http://tinyurl.com/owwpgxj and so far it has worked out very well. I have come up with a list of map mods that can be annoying or should just be avoided all together. Currently have 55% iiq and 209% iir.

My Flameblast stats: http://i.imgur.com/sT7GQSq.jpg
My Defence http://i.imgur.com/ANJsdQx.jpg

Map Mods to avoid altogether:

Incombustible +x% Monster Fire Resistance (obvious since we our damage is pure fire based)

of Hemomancy Players have Blood Magic (Self explanatory)

of Stasis Players cannot regenerate Life or Mana (Self explanatory)

Mods that are annoying:

of Balance Players have Elemental Equilibrium (Do less damage after the initial hit)

of Enfeeblement Players are cursed with Enfeeble (Do less damage with both our initial hit and the burn damage)

Hexproof Monsters are immune to Curses (Annoying because some mobs have fire resistance and we can not curse them with Flammability, nor do we have the higher chance of igniting them)

of Smothering Players recover Life, Mana and Energy Shield x% slower (can be annoying when coupled with other mods)

of Temporal Chains Players are cursed with Temporal Chains(I find this one to be particularly annoying since I only cast Flame blast to its first stage and then move, temp chains make it slower to do)

of Exposure -x% maximum Player Resistances (Can be annoying when coupled with increased elemental damage mods)
Last edited by Nearlydead on Jan 14, 2014, 3:48:51 PM
"
Panina wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to just specc out of the two aura effect nodes by Sovereignty, use one extra point and get Inner Force?

The sovereignty nodes are a bit more efficient (8% per point vs. 7% per point) but I still like the idea. Elemental dominion might be a good node to drop for this as it only affects the initial flameblast hit.

"
As a tangent, I've been talking to Invalesco on the merits of the Fire Pen gem. He suggests instead swapping it out for Added Cold/Lightning damage, and then grabbing avatar of fire. Due to our Fire Pen gem not applying to Burn damage, this should result in a higher damage initial blast which buffs our burn damage indirectly.

We chatted about this briefly but overall I'm skeptical. Where I'm at in the build Avatar of Fire/Added Cold would need to be at least equal to 12% fire damage, as that's what I'd be trading out. Further, high resist/hexproof monsters are definitely an issue, especially when mapping. The concept is interesting, though, and I'm levelling an added cold with it in mind.

"
Nearlydead wrote:
I have done quite a few maps now with this build: http://tinyurl.com/owwpgxj and so far it has worked out very well. I have come up with a list of map mods that can be annoying or should just be avoided all together.

My experience pretty much mirrors your own. Overall I'd say Enfeeble and Equilibrium is only an issue when coupled with ele resist mods, but it does happen every now and again. I did a hexproof/enfeeble map filled with fire resist golems the other day that made me want to pull my hair out.

I've updated the build post with some mapping footage which should be of interest to anyone interested in pushing this build to end-game.
I decided to copy colbycheese and use Shock Nova with traps and multitrap for chance to shock. Works well on maps that have curse immunity and even better on maps that dont. Also does leech life work only on the inital hit or on the burn damage as well?
My god, I wish life leech worked on the burn damage as well 😈 Unfortunately not, just the Direct damage portion.
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
So I'm just hours away from switching from ST to Flameblast. Currently 30 heading to piety/normal/nemesis @1400hp and 75all. Real nice spot it feels, another half dozen nodes and I'll likely switch over. I was able to grab an average rolled Searing Touch cheaply enough(3Exa) to justify a divine or three down the road. Can't WAIT to start the BBQ, the weather is almost perfect 😈 haha. I took the +40 from Oak, didn't see it mentioned, but with little chance of a Kaom's that life is never really wasted on a HC league.

If you were to guess, how much of a drop would you expect with a 5L/Carcass Jacks vs that slop(HaH) you have on Kechari? Can't wait to start Frying! Thanks 😊
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info