1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
clinx1337 wrote:
So I followed this build up until I hit maps, then I started to stray from it. As the guide states it is a "guide" and not the final version. I am lvl 75 and been running maps for a little while. I have reformatted this build to my preferences and here it is.

Ground Slam SC Build

I have noticed that when you can max your DPS, get 5+ endurance charges, and have decent life leech, you can tank and survive almost anything. I do not have great gear and honestly havnt upgraded my gear in a long time. Most of my pieces I have had since beginning/mid Merc. Bought my weapon 1 for Ex, rest is found/ traded for <1 chaos a piece.

Here is my gear:

Note: The above isnt my current build, but I will be working towards that.

Current Build

Is my current build for those who care. I accidently killed all bandits in the first difficulty, otherwise I would have picked up the +hp. The rest is a toss up to me, maybe the 12% phys damage would be nice..

Well, that build seems similar enough to the original build where if you say that is what you would've done in order to run maps better, maybe I'll try and stick with that (since the core build is pretty much the same), the only major difference I see, is that you left out Unwavering Stance. Care to elaborate as to why? :) don't get stunned much? or some other reason?
"
kicksome wrote:
So whos been running maps with this build? any problems?
keen to try it but dont want to run into another dead end build like my last one

I've been running maps at level 80 without problem and hardly ever die to anything that isnt a hard hitting melee boss. I also only have 2500 life in the build which can obviously be improved to help that problem out as well. The Carnage heart + Carcass Jack + Marohi combination really makes the build beastly especially if you can 5 link your groundslam with Concentrated effect, Melee Physical damage, Double Strike, and faster attacks. Both the Marohi and Carcass jack work together well with your ground slam to make the downside of CE pretty much unnoticeable.
"
NoMoneyz wrote:
"
kicksome wrote:
So whos been running maps with this build? any problems?
keen to try it but dont want to run into another dead end build like my last one

I've been running maps at level 80 without problem and hardly ever die to anything that isnt a hard hitting melee boss. I also only have 2500 life in the build which can obviously be improved to help that problem out as well. The Carnage heart + Carcass Jack + Marohi combination really makes the build beastly especially if you can 5 link your groundslam with Concentrated effect, Melee Physical damage, Double Strike, and faster attacks. Both the Marohi and Carcass jack work together well with your ground slam to make the downside of CE pretty much unnoticeable.

And a link to your specific build? :)
Thank you! This helped a lot.
hi,

following this guide and the mentioned skill path my marauder is level 72 already, but i believe i lack dps....a lot. i have no idea what i should do to push it and where to start.

i´ve tried chancing karui mauls but a) i lack orbs and b) even fellshrine farming isn´t really efficient due to low killspeed.

farming lower level content is only worth with IIQ/IIR gear as i read and i have none (where/how to get other than crafting?)

so i thought i´d show you my gear and passives and ask for help:

passives

any help is appreciated.

edit:

tooltip dps

HS: 2360 GS: 794
Last edited by Zoricus on May 21, 2013, 4:47:39 AM
"
Zoricus wrote:
hi,

following this guide and the mentioned skill path my marauder is level 72 already, but i believe i lack dps....a lot. i have no idea what i should do to push it and where to start.

i´ve tried chancing karui mauls but a) i lack orbs and b) even fellshrine farming isn´t really efficient due to low killspeed.

farming lower level content is only worth with IIQ/IIR gear as i read and i have none (where/how to get other than crafting?)

so i thought i´d show you my gear and passives and ask for help:

passives

any help is appreciated.

First of all you need a 5 link chest, that's already a good boost in dps. You should find one @ less than 1 exalted
IGN: TANte_bestie - Timezone: GMT +1
My build so far ... anything that i could change?

Lvl 62

Current Tree
IGN - FatOgre
Last edited by Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarlie on May 21, 2013, 9:43:27 AM
"
sultilan wrote:

First of all you need a 5 link chest, that's already a good boost in dps. You should find one @ less than 1 exalted

done that. whats next other than damage nodes which i am working on? is there more i can do gearwise which is not too expensive?

tooltip dps GS = 1485 // HS = 2585

Found this for 1 fusing, I don't even have a 4 link piece yet and leveling at 35 is LOL. Definitely learned that 1 LINK > rare piece. Better to have a magic or normal item with higher link quantity in use than a rare/unique with less links. Barely had a chance to run with it yet, can't wait to link up faster attacks and melee dmg.

Good build but does anyone have some tips regarding survivability, at act 3 cruel now and I get like 2/3 shotted :/ I'm a noob I know...

Please help!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABS0OPBLhFCAUcRkuHOcg8CFgJ-0otTIJOlJAoETnUEdQUFRJVgRXDVhjXz9gS2CIYVJqHmo7cql07XTxeu97jHzZhmCMz5HOnrmezZ_LouqnMKgYrKq53bvtxtjSIdlh37_nUu8O707yL_Pd9kj3vg==

Last edited by Dudwich on May 21, 2013, 4:08:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info