1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Hi, I think this build is at least a bit equip dependent, cause if you have no good Weapon / Resis, you die / deal no dmg -> die.

Here my Lvl64 EQ so far, total cost about 3-4Ex (more to come).

Planning to get a decent Le Heup for about 1.5Ex and a Chest (6L/Armor/2Res/Life) for about 2Ex.

Life: 2020
LifeReg: 99.3
Armor: w/o Grace 1553
Resis: F22/C59/L75/CH-60 <- Them need to get better.

DPS
HS:4223.7
GS: 2581.2
LS: 1143.3
IGN - FatOgre
Last edited by Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarlie on May 22, 2013, 1:06:23 AM
"
Hi, I think this build is at least a bit equip dependent, cause if you have no good Weapon / Resis, you die / deal no dmg -> die.

Planning to get a decent Le Heup for about 1.5Ex and a Chest (6L/Armor/2Res/Life) for about 2Ex.

DPS

The build isn't that gear dependent. As NinjaArabStrategist said in the original post, pretty much the only thing you need to have in your gear (except weapon) is +life at least until you reach harder parts of the game (merc act 3? maps?). You didn't really focus on that on your gear, which is why your character's life of 2k at level 64 is so low. My character hit 2000 life at around level 50.
"
Yarik85 wrote:
"
NoMoneyz wrote:
"
kicksome wrote:
So whos been running maps with this build? any problems?
keen to try it but dont want to run into another dead end build like my last one

I've been running maps at level 80 without problem and hardly ever die to anything that isnt a hard hitting melee boss. I also only have 2500 life in the build which can obviously be improved to help that problem out as well. The Carnage heart + Carcass Jack + Marohi combination really makes the build beastly especially if you can 5 link your groundslam with Concentrated effect, Melee Physical damage, Double Strike, and faster attacks. Both the Marohi and Carcass jack work together well with your ground slam to make the downside of CE pretty much unnoticeable.

And a link to your specific build? :)

My build is actually identical to the one the OP has posted.
"
HerrKaputt wrote:
"

DPS

The build isn't that gear dependent. As NinjaArabStrategist said in the original post, pretty much the only thing you need to have in your gear (except weapon) is +life at least until you reach harder parts of the game (merc act 3? maps?). You didn't really focus on that on your gear, which is why your character's life of 2k at level 64 is so low. My character hit 2000 life at around level 50.

Agreed. Saying a tank/survivability build is dps dependent is another way of saying you didn't focus on the proper stats. When almost all of the life nodes you pick up are a percentage, that means not adding base life is wasting their potential.
"
darinmc wrote:
Agreed. Saying a tank/survivability build is dps dependent is another way of saying you didn't focus on the proper stats. When almost all of the life nodes you pick up are a percentage, that means not adding base life is wasting their potential.

hmm, ok, thx
IGN - FatOgre
"
"
darinmc wrote:

hmm, ok, thx

Sure. I may be wrong but in my eyes it seems this build is best suited with a hierarchy of life>armor>resist>damage>attack speed. Everything else is specced out of (crit/accuracy/evasion) or just not worth it. I might even imagine attack speed to be more important since it plays such a large role in regen. Then again I just started playing this build recently and am only level 35 so I don't have the experience a lot of other players do.
"
Zoricus wrote:
"
sultilan wrote:

First of all you need a 5 link chest, that's already a good boost in dps. You should find one @ less than 1 exalted

done that. whats next other than damage nodes which i am working on? is there more i can do gearwise which is not too expensive?

tooltip dps GS = 1485 // HS = 2585

You now need a carnage heart amulet, to remove life leech/on hit from 5 linked ground slam and add a damage support

(free ad: Btw i'm selling one :) look at shop in signature)
IGN: TANte_bestie - Timezone: GMT +1
Last edited by sultilan on May 23, 2013, 3:13:13 AM
Can anyone tell me if this build is still viable even in HC?
Last edited by Rodianus on May 25, 2013, 6:38:26 AM
"
Rodianus wrote:
Can anyone tell me if this build is still viable even in HC?

+1
and is this build viable with the latest 0.10.8c Patch on SC? :D
Hi started this build on HC but facing some health issues,

currently standing at 1.5k flat.

Initially I followed the build wrongly and took some other nodes instead of HP ones but respec-ed for hp nodes after that. By the way does it affect overall health gain when I level up?

Here are my gears

Strongly appreciate if someone can suggest for improvements.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info