[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

Hi, I am interested in your build, and I saw other incinerate builds utilize cybils claw. would you see any advantage in that? using cybil's paw in place of lifeleech for instant sustain, and using another support gem such as fire penetration? would you lose out on too much beneficial stats in the wand?
Also what do you think about adding a decoy totem to one of the cast on hit spells? maybe in place of arctic breath? Instead of slowing the enemy, you would turn their focus away from you.
I also see a lot of incinerate builds focused on Scion, would this be viable using a witch? here is what I came up with :
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAecC4wUtBZMHYwelDH0QfxmKGlUajx8CIWAi9Cj6Ko0snCymLYMxiDQKNZI2xTbYNug3ZjeDOuFAoEGHRZ1GcUkTSRtJsk3jVi1XK1ivXhNgS2EhZKNrF20Zb5507XTxeA15A3qqeu990oIQgh6Cx4MJhO-FModliPGJ4JDWkx-XBpeFmuCbtZwtnrmfy6ZXpuunCKlurFmsf6-3tAy18rc-uJPAVMHzwzrEosaeyCPKStgk2wvfsOZY5oHnY-q66-7sVfJF9tr56PsJ_gr-jw==
there is slightly less strength and slightly more mana than a scion build, and a tad more wasted nodes, however overall(without calculating fine details) it seems to work as well in theory. It might not be as optimized, but it might be easier for a first time player to run?
( -(oo)-")
Last edited by JadoBleu on Dec 31, 2013, 5:31:09 AM
@ElJephe: You can use Cybils paw, but not instead of life leech. When I tried to claw instead of my current wand, I just noticed it was far slower then the life leech, on smaller groups/bosses. Plus the lack of cast speed/spell damage, was noticable as well. Even with fire pen, it just didn't feel as fast as it was with my other wand.
It is saver to run with claw with lifesteal, since we don't get any block due to saffells, also a bit slower.

It is possible to run as a witch. As I look at the tree, I feel your witch build will have a little mor difficulty staying alive in the higher maps, but even so, it still looks like a solid setup :)

Might be a better choise for the new new players, since they can't start as a scion yes ;P
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Reporting back in with some experiences so far.

I agree with one of the very early posters in this thread - at low levels, you don't have much health. Cruel Brutus killed me in one ground smash when I didn't Warp out of the way quickly enough.

Also, Doedre's Tenure and Karui Ward have been some of the most useful items I've used so far. Karui Ward provides a significant range bonus as well as some attributes (namely, Strength, which helps with leveling gems before the Strength node investment). Doedre's Tenure has been critical so far to keeping my damage up while keeping my mana costs down. The 20% cast speed penalty hurts with Lightning Warp and advancing through the damage bonuses on Incinerate, but for me, it's the difference between tenable and unmanageable mana consumption.

Currently level 44. I'm pretty much counting the levels before I can put on Saffell's and the Mantle. Very fun build so far.
Nice build im in the proccess of respec my build.
Question: I have a 5s 4l infernal but its a pain in the butt to get 3g1b1r. I do have an extra 4l infernal that got the 2g1r1b.
Is it ok not to run Artic Armor because i can't put it anywhere else.

Thanks and Happy New Year
Arctic Armor is a pretty important part of this build's defenses. Why don't you put auras on your switch gear?

Edit: It's been a long time since that was changed, apparently. I never had the need to test it.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Dec 31, 2013, 6:30:08 PM
I should really adjust my leveling tree. I most likely level up another incinerator, this time without any gear(most likely on nemi as well). Just to see if I can hit the 60 mark :)
Strange, I can remember I had zero problems upholding my mana. Especially with Clarity running, everything seemed just a breeze. Happy to hear you like the build Silk!

@bspex: For leveling, AA is not necessary(but very helpful), but when you hit the 60+ mark(or when you start doing maps)it will be very important to run AA. It negates reflect, helps against hard physical hitters(which will be a nuisance without AA)etc etc.
I would say, remove fire storm, and replace it with AA for the time being, and try to 6S the 4l5s Infernal. It will be easier to get another green on it then :)

Aura's on switch gear? As far as I know, when you swap out of aura's/aa, it will deactivate. Or am I misunderstanding something?
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
Aura's on switch gear? As far as I know, when you swap out of aura's/aa, it will deactivate. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Oops. You are correct. I haven't had any reason to put auras on alternate gear since before that was changed in an update. It no longer works.
This is a great build. I've been using a Searing Touch to level and it has been a total breeze to use incinerate from level 13.

The only feedback I would offer is that if you don't like dying or are very new you might want to pick up life nodes a little sooner than the leveling tree suggests. It's all down to personal preference though.

Looking forward to whatever you create next!
How much dps do you have with this build?
"
foojin wrote:
How much dps do you have with this build?
Pretty sure Incinerate's dps tooltip is based off first stage, and will only show a per projectile dps, giving variable dps based off how many you shotgun or how far you are. You don't look at dps as much as clear speed. Entering Cruel at just over 200 dps but everything melts.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info