[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

How is the new branch of skills? 2.0 ? thz
After getting a lot of questions asking why I'm discontinuing this build, I'll try to explain it in here.

First off all: Yes. Incinerate is very strong at the moment. And that is good! But... This guide is not setup to work with that power. Let me explain.

Before, everything in this guide revolved around the shotgun effect. Get close, and melt them.
- The Lightning warp in the CwDT brought us in Point Blank range so we could melt everything that hurt us.
- MoM/EB/AA was the damage mitigation we needed to survive those hectic battles
- AA was our saveguard against reflect
- EC/IC was our ticket in fighting those high physical hitters, and physical ranged attackers
- Frostwall was there to block those annoying ranged projectiles

This all has been changed.
- Since shotgunning does not work anymore, we don't need to get close. The Lightning Warp in the CwDT will only hurt us.
- MoM/EB/AA does not work as they used to. This line of defence needs to be changed. We probably keep MoM - although it does not seem optimal anymore, especially if we still mess around with the Infernal Mantle.
- We need to find something to fight reflect, as just AA won't work anymore
- EC can't be triggered with a CwDT, so we need another way to find this as well
- Frostwall is also on a cooldown now, so we can't spam it to save us 24/7 from those ranged attacks.

This game is not the same anymore. So much has changed, and incinerate, while still very strong, just needs to be played different. Most likely in a way I personally don't enjoy anymore.

When Incinerate just got out, it didn't really attract me. It felt boring, stand still and hold the mouse. When I found that CwDT + LW combination, I really fell in love with the setup. It suddenly was fast, there was mobility, and the power was still working. Everything just fitted together so nicely.

It was then when I decided to make a build with this setup. This has been my guide, my way of playing the game. Now it's gone.. well, I can still figure a way to do things right with incinerate, but as it is now, I just feel it's a bit slow. I miss the mobility, the chaotic warping around, Miss the insane tanking capabilities I had with the minimum investment.

Incinerate is strong. But it's just not my build anymore.

I will - of course - still make guides. As it is now, I'm working on a Ball Lightning guide. Once done, I will most likely create a new guide topic for my 2.0 builds, and of course, place a link here :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
This makes me really sad: my Incinerate Scion was my main character (and my only high-level one) for years, I've been working on writing a fanfiction/novelization of her "Path of Exile"... And now all that's gone.

I get that games have to change, and this build probably was a little powerful, but I'm still sad for the loss of my Scion.
"
AielloA wrote:
This makes me really sad: my Incinerate Scion was my main character (and my only high-level one) for years, I've been working on writing a fanfiction/novelization of her "Path of Exile"... And now all that's gone.

I get that games have to change, and this build probably was a little powerful, but I'm still sad for the loss of my Scion.

There is nothing functionally wrong with the build and it is still strong/viable/capable :)

It just no longer shotgun's, which was a big part of this guide, the utility of moving up close to monsters and abusing that.

Currently you can play incinerate at close/medium/long distance and there is no difference.

I am sure you can follow another guide if at all necessary because incinerate is not "dead".

The OP (pew) is simply no longer drawn to the concept any longer because it's no longer "in your face"
play-style wise. And thus it is pointless for him to maintain this guide.

Peace and good luck,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I believe incinerate is back on the menu, boys!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info