This game is too easy

"
Startkabels wrote:
"
nzrock wrote:
Many of your problems are either already known and talked about to death, or have somewhat been addressed by Open Beta build already.
Please take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XunMIEVPmtI

Ohh no not him again, who is this guy?? People refer to this smartass as being the truth..

Octavian the mighty wand slinger, king of PoE will poke you with his wands and make you cry like never before on the forums!

All hail Kripp the PvP master of PoE and all other games! All shout Octavian! Octavian!
"
ZhugeLiang wrote:
The game is pretty easy...On normal difficulty. Unfortunately, it is also kind of boring. It doesn't take long to get the basics down and you are kind of left with just a skill or two to spam for almost all of act 1.

I wouldn't mind seeing more variety for possible reward choices in the early early stages of the game.

I agree with this. This is my first time playing this genre and having seen Diablo and Torchlight before and been quite interested, the art style put me off. This game looked much better so i thought i would give it a try.

Now i do play a lot of rpg's so i know the basics but i'm just either naturally good or this game is just way too easy that it becomes boring. At least Act 1 anyway (this is all i have completed). So yea you will say wait for later content etc etc but Act 1 in my opinion was the longest, strung out "introduction" ever, where as what it should have been was more exciting and varied to grip the player. Nothing really stands out at all. Except the last boss which i killed first time, used a lot more pots than i ever had to though lol

I'm thinking of trying Hardcore but then i think well if i die i go back to default, kind of rubbish really. What it needs is a new level...Hard! Default, Hard, then Hardcore.

Default should be named Easy mode.
Default is intended to be relatively easy.

If you're having an easy time with default though, it may be because you're not rushing through it. It's much more challenging if you're underleveled while you run it.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:

If you're having an easy time with default though, it may be because you're not rushing through it. It's much more challenging if you're underleveled while you run it.

I would not agree on that. You can be 5-10 lvls lower and still do that boring thing with exces ease: cast totem that will drink all damage, atack... Then later, when you almost one shot everything, dont even bother casting totem...

And ya, as far as Kripp is concerned, I became very disapointed of his title: "as hardcore as possible", it should rather be "as explotative as possible". No hate though, just personally don't count him as one of hardcore, chalange accepting gamers.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
Last edited by Ramanuga on Jan 22, 2013, 12:14:11 AM
"
anubite wrote:

Did i read this right?? Are you seriously suggesting that in order for me to enjoy this game i should "rush" through the content?

I like to explore and look for anything that i might find of interest, i think that is what rpg's are designed for! Right now though, i find i am 1-2 levels higher than every zone i come across due to this and so i'm having to just try and head straight for the next zone etc which i really don't like because who knows what treasure i could have missed. Or heaven forbid something, anything more than the regular mobs you come across in every zone.

This game needs more bosses, more quests, events per zone. Right now the only thing different with each zone is its looks, basically.
"
anubite wrote:

I think a game shouldn't allow you to rush through - that's the point. That I don't feel the need to work on my char at all until like 3rd difficulty end of second act. I should still be a little underleveled after clearing most areas.

Clearing most of the areas should be sort of mandatory to make progress at least on the first - second character when you don't have some gear collected for your next char to make it easier.

Rushing through just to get to the fun part is not fun... And it's not memorable, it's not something that will stick with me for years and make me feel like i achieved something not everyone can do

I understand that most of you guys know the game so well already, but please think about new players as well. Every new player explores maps, and then all of them will be overleveled like me and they will feel that the game is boring, like I do most of the time.
Last edited by Antistes on Jan 22, 2013, 7:48:35 AM
Easy???? Are you for real or just trying to start a flame war with this post?

Did you make it to at least the 'Ruthless" difficulty level? This would be your 3rd play through with same character.

If you're gonna tell me 'Ruthless' was easy I'm gonna say you need to put the crack pipe down.
"
GhostDance wrote:

Did you make it to at least the 'Ruthless" difficulty level? This would be your 3rd play through with same character.

If you're gonna tell me 'Ruthless' was easy I'm gonna say you need to put the crack pipe down.

I am new to this game and have just realised about the difficulty tiers for NG+

I see why default is so seemingly easy now. That still being the case, i would prefer to be able to choose my difficulty from the off rather mindlessly charge through the game once just to be able to enjoy a challenge second time round.
"
GhostDance wrote:

Please read me post carefully - i'm not saying the last difficulty is not hard. i'm saying that the first 3 are a bit too easy and there is not enough difference between them.

If you are new to the game you tend to explore all areas on first run - then your lvl becomes high enough to actually not feel any difficulty on cruel and next difficulty. After exploring the first difficulty you should still have to work towards new areas and difficulties and not just breeze through (which is boring)

The difficulty should be balanced so that after a pretty thorough exploration of first difficulty you are not over-leveled.
"
Antistes wrote:
"
GhostDance wrote:

Please read me post carefully - i'm not saying the last difficulty is not hard. i'm saying that the first 3 are a bit too easy and there is not enough difference between them.

If you are new to the game you tend to explore all areas on first run - then your lvl becomes high enough to actually not feel any difficulty on cruel and next difficulty. After exploring the first difficulty you should still have to work towards new areas and difficulties and not just breeze through (which is boring)

The difficulty should be balanced so that after a pretty thorough exploration of first difficulty you are not over-leveled.

I agree and really wish/hope that it is like this. It's just not fun when every instance you go to you are over-leveled and still want to explore!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info