This game is too easy

Hi

Most of you will tell me - enjoy that it's easy, why do you complain, but hear me out please.

I remember how it was when I played D2 for the first time. I remembered that each boos, each new act presented a challenge, and i had to go back sometimes to farm for items or to level up to get a skill.

Maybe I played it wrong, maybe I wasn't so good, but I ENJOYED it. It had a feeling of accomplishment each step of the way. It was a challenge, and adventure and I was never bored.

My experience here is quite different. I play a witch in a duo with a claw-wielding shadow. And we breeze through mobs like through butter. I must say that it's boring. I sit there sipping a drink and playing with one hand spamming one skill and killing all no problem, bosses too.

After advancing to the next difficulty - I did not even notice any difference. Mobs were just as easy. There was no shock, no distinctive difference after crossing on to the next difficulty.

I'm surprised at all those old-time players telling me to enjoy this type of thing, well i can't - it's boring.

I WANT to struggle through the game for 90-100 lvl just to feel i'm awesome at the end, not at the beggining. Otherwise there is no feeling of accomplishment or satisfaction.

Making monsters a bit more challenging would be a nice touch
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Many of your problems are either already known and talked about to death, or have somewhat been addressed by Open Beta build already.
Please take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XunMIEVPmtI
Sweeping Maid
"
nzrock wrote:
Many of your problems are either already known and talked about to death, or have somewhat been addressed by Open Beta build already.

You misunderstand me. I know the game will become harder, but i'm saying it should maintain a certain challenge level throughout.

A game should not be just about end-game. Why should i be forced to suffer through the boring part? It should be challenging at least since the second difficulty so that i feel the need to improve the character before advancing
"
Antistes wrote:
"
nzrock wrote:

You misunderstand me. I know the game will become harder, but i'm saying it should maintain a certain challenge level throughout.

A game should not be just about end-game. Why should i be forced to suffer through the boring part? It should be challenging at least since the second difficulty so that i feel the need to improve the character before advancing

suffering through the boring part is also where new players learn to play the game.

Personally, I found D2 to be very easy on normal as are most other ARPG's. First playthrough is just to get your feet wet - you'll be gnashing your teeth later on.

On topic though - the game isn't in a finalized state by any means. skills are still being balanced, mobs are being balanced, boss fights are being changed/tweeked etc..
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:

suffering through the boring part is also where new players learn to play the game.

Personally, I found D2 to be very easy on normal as are most other ARPG's. First playthrough is just to get your feet wet - you'll be gnashing your teeth later on.

On topic though - the game isn't in a finalized state by any means. skills are still being balanced, mobs are being balanced, boss fights are being changed/tweeked etc..

I agree - normal difficulty should be quite easy and let players learn. But as soon as you move on to the second difficulty you should feel it, maybe feel the need to go back and improve before moving on.

Why should we delay the hard part until the third difficulty or fourth instead of getting rid of the boring part on difficulty 2?

Yes, i agree - this is still beta and that's the reason for this post - i don't want a boring game - i want challenge (and not having too just bore through 2 or 3 difficulties to get there, max 1)!
Woah there...basing your assumption on co-op play through is a bit flawed(it is ment to be easier with more people)
And the game as it is now is not what it will be in Open beta.

1.There is a new act which will smooth the difficulty.
2. They are removing ruthless for it's inclusion but come act three in the max difficulty it's still harder than present end game
3. Resistances are reduced per dificulty going from 0, -20%, -40%, -60% atm to 0, -20%, -60%
4.End game is where it starts in EVERY mmo...no change here either
5. Maps...think you are so pro? go roll a next to impossible map and see how you do
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Antistes wrote:
Hi

Most of you will tell me - enjoy that it's easy, why do you complain, but hear me out please.

I remember how it was when I played D2 for the first time. I remembered that each boos, each new act presented a challenge, and i had to go back sometimes to farm for items or to level up to get a skill.

Hello, I agree with you (because the same happened to me) but I got an explanation.
Was D2 your first ARPG game?

Mine was. And after mastering it, I find Sacred, Torchlight, Torchlight II, Diablo3 (well, this is not an ARPG but you know), Path of Exile, and some others I can't remember by far easy in the start.

Well, when now I play d2, it is as easy as all of them.

I think the problem is you HAVE LEARNT to play an ARPG, so you wont get this fear feeling again (in the start I mean). That is what happen to me at less. Starts are always very easy in this kind of games.
IGN: Gonorreitor
"
Valmar wrote:

Hello, I agree with you (because the same happened to me) but I got an explanation.
Was D2 your first ARPG game?

Mine was. And after mastering it, I find Sacred, Torchlight, Torchlight II, Diablo3 (well, this is not an ARPG but you know), Path of Exile, and some others I can't remember by far easy in the start.

Well, when now I play d2, it is as easy as all of them.

I think the problem is you HAVE LEARNT to play an ARPG, so you wont get this fear feeling again (in the start I mean). That is what happen to me at less. Starts are always very easy in this kind of games.

well maybe but there should be a noticeable difference between difficulties, and there is none now. maybe with act 3 and stuff it will change
Honestly, I found the chasm between Nightmare and Hell in Diablo II extremely aggravating :/ Having to grind for half an age simply to get on with playing the game is not my thing.
That said, I do hope the difficulty ramp in Open Beta is a little bit, well, better. Not really expecting too much though, since you're still going back to Act I which just doesn't feature many challenging monsters.
('s why I'm somewhat opposed to the repeating content scaling that D2 and PoE employ, but oh well)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 21, 2013, 1:06:12 PM
I dont agree that the game is too easy at all though I consider myself as a very dedicated player.

In my opinion Diablo 2 is A LOT easier then PoE. The imagination of yours, that D2 was challanging is because its a long time ago where player where new to the genre and therefore inexperienced.

I have a fraction of memory where I saw that the first andariel kill was incredible difficult. OK, actually my father was playing but I remember him kiting the boss for like 30+ minutes(!) spamming potions and not doing damage at all, almost getting 2 hitted. As far as I remember his skills where pretty random and he was a noob :D

But today I know exactly the timing of andariels(and other bosses) attacks and skills and its possible to 100% outplay them, even if you have like 0 gear.

The reason I find PoE more difficult then D2 is because I rush the content and usually have 2 levels lower then the current map. If you think about going to the chamber of sins with lv ~19 with no good gear you will know what I mean.

I stay with my opinion: D2 is easier then PoE, but the change of experience in ARPGs make it seem different.
Maybe if you rush content more and therefore are underleveled you will enjoy it more? Whenever I see a noobplayer on youtube who has +2 level then the instance he is doing I wonder how this even is POSSIBLE to outlevel the content so far...
Just try to stay at -2 level and you have your difficulty PLUS efficiency(if you know how to play and dont die all the time ofc)

PS.: I also remember that D2 suddently become extremly easy when you jumped 1 difficulty because Act4/5 is more challanging then Act1.
Path of Exile might be similar but its not so extreme. I found that the monster in the first instances hit pretty hard on cruel and you definitly cant facetank rhoas^^
Last edited by Nasabot on Jan 21, 2013, 2:42:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info