Krip LS ranger <-

"
KissMyBlade wrote:
How does he deals with lightning resistence mobs?

2 shot rare golems in maps with diamond. About half the damage is physical, and diamond flasks makes everything melt.
Kripp!

Would you consider this build a good first choice for OB? I want a fast leveling and farming class for the first one.
Did/is this build get(ing) nerfed?
Brixtan [Default League]
-------------
Arda_EAC: LV 67 Summoner
Brixtan: LV 27 Templar
"
Brixtan wrote:
Did/is this build get(ing) nerfed?

Not yet and most likely will not, this build is if you want to do alot fast dmg but it does have low survivability.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Jan 12, 2013, 3:34:09 PM
If going for 1Hand/Shield, what gems and support gems would you recommend except for LS ?
"
pandaaa666 wrote:
If going for 1Hand/Shield, what gems and support gems would you recommend except for LS ?

You could try these set-up for different classes:
Duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/65872
Marauder - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/66093
Ranger = http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/65586/page/2

You will probably be using similar gems as 2h.
BACKGROUND

Ok guys, I really love Kripp's lightning strike ranger build, however there are a couple of major reasons why I can't consider it for my first character in OB:
1) I don't want to play a female character (yeah yeah, so sue me hehe)
2) It feels wrong to outright copy an ENTIRE build without adding anything even mildly your own

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecFLQbuDq0R1RIgFCAUUhR1Fx0Y2xuqIWAj9ifVKLUppSyFMgk0NTWSNug4ljpSOu1AoEOcR35KfU7IUEdWBFb6V5daGlpIXotgQWBLYIhhUmMXY6dlTWegapNtSnRBdO108XrvgTqGYId2iO2QCpdwmy2euaTCpzCrxbZBtxe-p8APwQfB2MRYz_jSTdRS1e3Xft0N3Ubfv-4O707v8Pe-_E78xQ==

Because I am newbie, I tried to keep it as close to Kripp's original 2h build so I can be reasonably sure that the build is half decent. I think it's very close in terms of both dps AND survivability. Here's the comparison of 2H vs DW passives in a nutshell...

PASSIVE DIFFERENCES

Spoiler
Pros:
+13% more attack speed
+1% more life regeneration
+1 frenzy charge
+18% frenzy charge duration
+15% block chance from dual wielding (not sure if 2H has a comparable implicit +block bonus?)

Cons:
-8% evasion/armor (although this may not be accurate as I'm not sure how nodes which have BOTH evasion and armor interact with Iron Reflexes...)
-21% physical damage
-20% accuracy
-20% crit multi

Sum:
The 2h build seems MARGINALLY more efficient, although I think that in future levels my build has more potential than Kripp's as he has more-or-less exhausted all the attractive nodes that are directly accessible, whereas I have not. For example, I can take Dervish in the Duelist area for +block and +dmg. Otherwise I can go with nodes which Kripp originally chose like the Cruel Blade sword dmg nodes just above blood magic or the 3 life nodes under Savant and Might.

OTHER DIFFERENCES

Spoiler
- Dual Wield means that I will only have access to 1 5/6 slot item on my chest!!! As far as I can tell, this is the most significant drawback for my build as it will probably mean that I need to give up faster attack on either my AoE or single target attack :(((( One way or another, this limitation implies a loss in overall DPS. In part to compensate for this...

- I plan to use blood rage to boost life leach and attackspeed. This was an easy decision to make as the frenzy charge nodes were the most convenient way to get to the bottom of the tree from the Duelist area, but blood rage also synergizes well with the core build/playstyle in its own right.

CONCLUSION

Spoiler
As said at the start, I think this build is very comparable to Kripparian's 2H build. There are some minor sacrifices made for the sake of aesthetics (Duelist) and style (dual wield + blood rage), and while the 1h+shield approach is probably the optimal lightning strike I've come across, I would argue that my dual wield build will be the most fun to play!

Please let me know what you think:
- Did I make any mistakes with the passives?
- Is the build less viable than I think it is?
etc etc...

Thanks and GLHF

PS: please check out and post feedback on my thread in the Duelist Forum!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/66751
Last edited by Skol on Jan 13, 2013, 8:01:20 AM
Can someone explain to me why Kripp didn't take Unwavering Stance? Getting stunlocked as melee seems somewhat of a problem.
"
dndallasta wrote:
Can someone explain to me why Kripp didn't take Unwavering Stance? Getting stunlocked as melee seems somewhat of a problem.

Yeah if anybody has an answer to this that would be great.
InGame: ParrotFacts
"
dndallasta wrote:

because stacking evasion is better if you can evade in the first place zzzz...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info