Krip LS ranger <-

With this build, at the beginning everyone must wear tons of gear with strength stat in order to use LS and Leap slam.
Strange, Ages did not change this Place
Last edited by Clark on Jan 10, 2013, 4:13:56 AM
"
heatzz wrote:

You definitely need some knowledge of mobs know what mobs you can rush in what not to as you saw how easily to die even as a veteran like Krip.

Life & Resist as priority on Mods.

Life & Resist as a def mods, so what should i take on weapons for damage? Knowledge of mobs I think i will gain through a lot of death, lol(I'm playing on SC while I'm learning things about the game + when I've tried HC i got a lot of dsyncing for some reason and as a result died to Hailrake :D). By watching Kripp's stream I see that all is based around your resists, but that's quite obvious, i already discovered that after a few hours of playing :D Sadly, i can't watch Kripp's stream a lot to learn, when he starts stream it's around 5 am for me lol.
"
heatzz wrote:
More accuracy & damage due to mediocre accuracy when using a Rapier, also since 1 handed doesn't have alot of damage, more crit damage can be great for boss.

I felt it's a waste of points to go up there for some life & regen where u can already get 0.8% regen easily.

Yeah, there are plenty of choices you can go with that are right off the core of the build. My gear will dictate how many points on survival nodes.

I got up to level 34 and am liking the build so far. I don't have a good weapon yet and I'm still doing very well.
IGN: Kleev
"
Kleev wrote:
"
heatzz wrote:
More accuracy & damage due to mediocre accuracy when using a Rapier, also since 1 handed doesn't have alot of damage, more crit damage can be great for boss.

I felt it's a waste of points to go up there for some life & regen where u can already get 0.8% regen easily.

Yeah, there are plenty of choices you can go with that are right off the core of the build. My gear will dictate how many points on survival nodes.

I got up to level 34 and am liking the build so far. I don't have a good weapon yet and I'm still doing very well.

I made a Duelist build which i think might actually be better for survivability for HC:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/65872
Last edited by heatzz on Jan 10, 2013, 7:32:37 AM
Very interesting build, and since I can now get my very own warrior princess, I guess I can't pass on the chance.

I would very much like to play melee and this seems very cool, and the GS Marauder is getting a bit old (and kripp says that marauders are bad so I cant play them anymore)
Is it possible to do a LS build with Shadow?
"
KissMyBlade wrote:
Is it possible to do a LS build with Shadow?

It's possible, anything is possible in PoE but effectiveness is another question.

If you start with Shadow, you will be too far from 2% life leech node, you might wanna make it use claws instead to take the life leech node on claws.

If you plan on single wield claws, there isn't much claw nodes near points below which are convienent, you might think of dual wielding claws but claws aren't damage effective as they have overall lower dps compared to swords, not to mention you need INT for claws.
Last edited by heatzz on Jan 10, 2013, 8:39:37 AM

Here's my improvement of Kripp's build. Switched from Blood Magic to CI, 2h to DW.

We all know why CI is good. More ES means more potential healing per second without needing Vaal Pact. More ES also means lower chance of being stunned when blocking or getting hit. I recommend going maximum ES items with minimal evasion except where it makes getting the proper colors easier.

DW is insane in this area of the passive tree. Just type Dual Wield into the search bar, the two godly Dual Wield passives are right here (Dervish, Ambidexterity, with Gallantry and Blade Barrier immediately next door). Combine this with Mana Flows, Leather and Steel, Blade Master, Diamond skin, Savant, and Fencing and you are literally in one of the most point efficient parts of the entire passive tree.
Last edited by TheAmaranthine on Jan 11, 2013, 2:00:37 AM
His build is not really for HC anymore after he died(I dont think) after what he said on stream, he only died once but been very close to death alot times, running 2.5k hp + bloodmagic is so risky.

"

Here's my improvement of Kripp's build. Switched from Blood Magic to CI, 2h to DW.

We all know why CI is good. More ES means more potential healing per second without needing Vaal Pact. More ES also means lower chance of being stunned when blocking or getting hit. I recommend going maximum ES items with minimal evasion except where it makes getting the proper colors easier.

DW is insane in this area of the passive tree. Just type Dual Wield into the search bar, the two godly Dual Wield passives are right here (Dervish, Ambidexterity, with Gallantry and Blade Barrier immediately next door). Combine this with Mana Flows, Leather and Steel, Blade Master, Diamond skin, Savant, and Fencing and you are literally in one of the most point efficient parts of the entire passive tree.

No way you will have close to enough mana to spam skills with that few points into mana regen and you will have to use even more mana with DW compared to 2 handed.

Stun will also kill you unless you use item with immune to stun
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Jan 10, 2013, 1:34:15 PM
No offense, but your build isn't optimal for the skills used. For example, you could get Mana Drinker for free, and you need it. Stun/freezes will destroy you, and your damage is lower, not to mention your lack of accuracy and Strength. Kripp uses instant Life Flasks to get out of tricky situations, and he spends/reserves more mana than you can hope to regen/steal.

Why even limit yourself with swords if you get so few nodes in them? You'd do much better as a Shadow. I might as well post it:
Shadow LS build
(Remove the early Ranger part, obviously.)

As for the actual build, this looks like the Sword&Board variant:
Spoiler
1h Sword&Board Ranger
(94 pts, 174%HP, 51%AS, 193%P, 40%Acc, 10%B, 70%ShDef, ArMaster, 184S/200D/44I, 15%AllRes, 20%CM, 30%WED, PB, IR, US)

Compared to the 2hSword version:
Spoiler
Zweihander
(93pts, 150%HP, 63%AS, 221%P, 60%Acc, +30%Stun, 144S/180D/44I, 15%AllRes, 20%CM, 30%WED, PB, IR, US)

Last edited by Pwere on Jan 10, 2013, 2:44:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info