Season Five, BDC1: 1 Hour Descent Champions

Alternate Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
Defeat Rukuku, the Pagan God: 1 Reward Point
Defeat The Brute: 1 Reward Point
Defeat Hatestorm: 1 Reward Point
Defeat Avatar of the Tempest: 1 Reward Point

This is especially cool. More points that are actually acquirable even for noobs :), Thanks GGG!
Makin' time for this one tonight
BLAMT!
"
zSeven wrote:
Alternate Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
Defeat Rukuku, the Pagan God: 1 Reward Point
Defeat The Brute: 1 Reward Point
Defeat Hatestorm: 1 Reward Point
Defeat Avatar of the Tempest: 1 Reward Point

This is especially cool. More points that are actually acquirable even for noobs :), Thanks GGG!
Heh these things are brutal enough that noobs acquiring those points is not a given :)
"
Rockstarpanda wrote:
has anyone started a spreadsheet of paths/ rewards so we can plan our race.

I'm wondering this as well... I've been taking screenshots of what little I've discovered, but have been thus far unable to hunt down anywhere to put them. And I'm not a frequent enough forum-going to feel comfortable making my own thread, as I'd be unable to keep it updated properly.
Sometimes the doing of a thing is the only reason you need.

"Consider, o man, what may be asked of you in the days to come. Will you stand ready to answer the call? Or will you cower in wretched refusal to meet your destiny? Be ready, or nothing but death will find you."
Rip'd on Brute again. He hits like a frigging truck.
Brute is way too fast for the servers. The desync in that fight makes it borderline impossible if he uses the chain attack even once.

Will not be attending in the future.
holy shit i was so underleveled being in lvl 20 zone with 12. getting no xp having no flask bears everywhere :D
Ok, so I killed brute yesterday with 0 issues on my duelist while internet was spiking like crazy..i had massive desync yet I had no issues with him and he was fairly easy to deal with.

However, I was trying out witch instead now, i had traps/summons/spells and I tried everything for 5mins straight on him and nothing could work cause he outran me.
I had chest and shield on, i removed the chest and he was outrunning me by miles, and he was smashing like crazy, I understand that -6% from shield is a lot but he was tons faster then turbo brutus in other races.
I could not use summons on brute as he was smashing like mad, I barely could set off any traps on him without grabbing me, during a 5min fight with him i could only get him to 50% hp and i had all sorts of dmg nodes and a lot of cast speed items/nodes and it was still not enough to cast any spells.
At the end I got desync'ed badly during a pillar turn and got grabbed and triple smashed before I could move.

So GG! great race idea, I can't wait to try more and I will definitely play witch the next time to see if it was my own mistake or not but I have never felt this frustration in a race before and I have died before but this is aaaaaaaaa [sorry need to vent :(]

ps: was unlucky with RNG and no move speed
Is it possible to skip the Brute? I tried to run past him but the door couldn't be clicked upon. That guy has taken me out on both Descent races I've done so far D:
Are reward points bugged? I got to level 11 on one character (killed pagan/died at brutus) and level 6 on another and only got 2 points.

Same with the last race I did, I was meant to get 2 points and only got 1 instead.
Last edited by Liquid_Blade on Nov 23, 2013, 1:55:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info