jinx shipping to germany

jinx managed to send my stuff to germany in a way that it got stuck at customs (no receipt outside the parcel in a transparent envelope), on request their support provided a online bill over 70$ so i can retrieve it from customs.

problem:
if i provide this bill i will probably get charged some tax. but jinx imho promised cost free shipping.

i'm interested in stories from other german supporters on how they got their stuff.

edit: changed title
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 19, 2013, 4:09:02 AM
They send you the stuff free of charge. Handling with customs is always on your own and not part of the shipping process.

The bill could have been a little bit lower but in the end you have to pay.
There was a list of things on mine, each marked as $0 (sent to UK). Get back to them and say it is just free merchandise. Plus people saying customs is your problem, hey it adds up to cost of getting your item delivered therefore its extra shipping in my book.
If nothing can be done just fuck it man unless it is just few euros.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
shoty2k wrote:
The bill could have been a little bit lower but in the end you have to pay.

i don't think i payed for any parcel containing the closed beta supporter packs coming from ggg. nor had i any problems as the parcel was delivered to my home.

jinx messed up on this big time and i'm not in the mood to spend another 10$ to get the things i already paid for, if customs charges me i will probably let the stuff go back.

i'm still interested in whether other german supporters had to pay customs for their parcels.
i heard from another geman player, that he has to pay only 7,60€ tax, ask in german global or german corner, i guess its still in the thread...

they will open it and set prices for the shirts, where the tax is calculated from...

"
Igjarjuk wrote:
Bis jetzt scheint es so, dass ich mit 7,60 Euro am meisten beim Zoll bezahlt habe. ;-)

Bei mir wurde das Paket geöffnet, als Fanpack erkannt und mitgeteilt, dass trotzdem ein Warenwert ermittelt werden muss. Ich habe dann auf die JINX-Seite hingewiesen, anschließend wurden nur die 2 Shirts pauschal mit jeweils 20 Euro festgesetzt, auf die ich dann 19% Einfuhrumsatzsteuer zahlen musste; naja gibt schlimmeres. :-)

Insgesamt hat es bei mir von der Versandmail bis zur Abholung beim Zoll ca. 2 1/2 Wochen gedauert.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/4665/page/852

gl
The elements are my allies.
The dead are my servants.
And fear...will be my closest friend.

Deutscher Global Channel "/global 4745"
Last edited by wisdorin on Nov 19, 2013, 4:40:32 AM
"
gathor wrote:
There was a list of things on mine, each marked as $0 (sent to UK). Get back to them and say it is just free merchandise. Plus people saying customs is your problem, hey it adds up to cost of getting your item delivered therefore its extra shipping in my book.
If nothing can be done just fuck it man unless it is just few euros.

"
Summary of basic custom rules

Germany
Up to €22 there are no taxes (it is free). From €22 up to €150, it is necessary to pay VAT (EUSt in Germany) which is 7 or 19%, depending on the goods. From €150 it is necessary to pay VAT and customs.

Why should jinx pays someone's taxes?
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Jinx send my pack with custom declaration/proforma invoice with value 1$.
Shipment went in Germany to custom office.
I told that there are promotion items for free and have no value and you can not buy it from websites and so on. Customs officer opens the package have a look on it and declared (because every shipment have a value) that the value is 15€ for the complete shipment. And so i don't have to pay tax.

Other shipments (if you read the german corner) was delivered direct to the customer without custom office, and one had to pay about 8€ tax (because his custom officer took the price from website from the shirt you can buy)

So the problem is not how Jinx shipped the goods it depends on how the custom office handles such shipments

PS: Sorry for my bad english
"
CallMeSnake wrote:
I told that there are promotion items for free and have no value and you can not buy it from websites and so on. Customs officer opens the package have a look on it and declared (because every shipment have a value) that the value is 15€ for the complete shipment. And so i don't have to pay tax.

Other shipments (if you read the german corner) was delivered direct to the customer without custom office, and one had to pay about 8€ tax (because his custom officer took the price from website from the shirt you can buy)

So the problem is not how Jinx shipped the goods it depends on how the custom office handles such shipments

PS: Sorry for my bad english

Your english is good thanks for the post.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
ignarsoll wrote:
Why should jinx pays someone's taxes?

there is no tax on merchandizing articles for a game and jinx failed at marking these items appropriately.

i didn't buy any articles in their shop (and probably never will), i donated money towards a free to play game and got some game advertizing stuff in return.

Last edited by vio on Nov 19, 2013, 4:55:40 AM
"
CallMeSnake wrote:

thanks, that's what i will try as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info