Why downgrade skill/aura effects?

Awesome, I can finally use ice shot!
IGN: Standard: Feugue, Domination: KaomsDisciple
Any chance fireball will see an effect downgrade to make it useable with Cast-On-Crit?

I regularly generate ~30-100+ fireballs simultaneously and it absolutely cripples my GTX670 :( (as in literally 1-2 fps shown on the in-game FPS counter for a brief period)

I haven't tried the fireball microtrans but just looking at it I'd assume it would make it worse not better. If it fixes I'd buy it in a heartbeat (Pay2win huehuehue whatever don't care).

Lights are the devil etc. etc.

PS I have an extra gore item on so that might be making it worse but I'm guessing that isn't it since I regularly see a friend critting 20-mob packs with blood dance without experiencing substantial performance issues).

PPS: I'm really glad to hear your insight and that you are looking out for stuff like this Russell thanks :)
Current IGNs: FlameTotememer / Wandz
"
Sn0_Man wrote:
Any chance fireball will see an effect downgrade to make it useable with Cast-On-Crit?

I regularly generate ~30-100+ fireballs simultaneously and it absolutely cripples my GTX670 :( (as in literally 1-2 fps shown on the in-game FPS counter for a brief period)

I haven't tried the fireball microtrans but just looking at it I'd assume it would make it worse not better. If it fixes I'd buy it in a heartbeat (Pay2win huehuehue whatever don't care).

Lights are the devil etc. etc.

PS I have an extra gore item on so that might be making it worse but I'm guessing that isn't it since I regularly see a friend critting 20-mob packs with blood dance without experiencing substantial performance issues).

PPS: I'm really glad to hear your insight and that you are looking out for stuff like this Russell thanks :)

I have that microtransaction effect and from what I tested on my laptop it will makes your FPS even worse. That effect is also more complicated there are some addees animations etc... But it looks very nic.

Extra gore is using I believe some sort of particles which can be handled by game engine way better then lights. I am using that microstransaction also and it is working fine even when I hit 15-20 mobs at once very fast. (Testet with Bringer Of Rain And Reave).

BTW Russell if you remove lights from fireball it will not more reflect lights as it travels to the target? Now when I cast it there is nice light effect which makes ground and surounding materials to reflect light from fireball?
IGN : Mettiu
Correct. If I remove the light on fireball there will no longer be any light on fireball?

This isnt a thing I can avoid though. As not even our best pcs at work can run high densities of fireball at the moment : P . Yes the microtransaction fireball also has lights on it. Only on impact however. Thats why people complain about its explosion being laggy.

Its sad because lights look cool but people need to be able to run the game in combat haha. Hopefully we will get some lights optimization in the future!
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
Correct. If I remove the light on fireball there will no longer be any light on fireball?

This isnt a thing I can avoid though. As not even our best pcs at work can run high densities of fireball at the moment : P . Yes the microtransaction fireball also has lights on it. Only on impact however. Thats why people complain about its explosion being laggy.

Its sad because lights look cool but people need to be able to run the game in combat haha. Hopefully we will get some lights optimization in the future!

Thanks for clarification. It's sad since those light effects looks so nice especially in dungeons but I believe people will rather play not laggy game then laggy as hell. Maybe in the future you can do someting about it since I believe unless you fire like 50-100 of them at once it should be fine on strong pc.

If you need some SIMD optimization I am your man :D
IGN : Mettiu
Last edited by Mettiu on Nov 18, 2013, 4:48:33 PM
Some sort of cap on the number of lights a given skill can attempt to render at any given time might work (ex: Limit 10 fireball lights on the screen before it stops adding lights to additional fireballs).

Alternately, having an option to "turn off lights on skills" or similar.

I just want to be able to play my character, but it would be a shame to ruin the cool effects you can currently generate (like the other poster mentioned, having a fireball light up a dungeon passage as it flies down is awesome!).

Again, thanks so much for listening!
Current IGNs: FlameTotememer / Wandz
The old determination aura effect was the best... Why...? ;[
Hi

Why can't we have the old effects back as a promotion?,free old effects MTX for our continued dedication to this game? Feels like the auras now are merely hypno disks.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info