[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

"
korikachi wrote:
Pls post leving skill tree (at lv 20, 40, 60 v.v). Tks

I've updated the main post with a core build and a level 80 build.

There's no real need for a 20 / 40 / 60, the build isn't playable until you get the core build.
Its easy to change the tree for more hp. I just did and got close to 300%. I really like LOH, since its not capped like leech. Evasion / dodge / blind / ondars is pretty cool, as long as its not on a 2k hp pool.

The only thing I hate is bloody reflect with this build, I am thinking ... for single monsters just use frenzy 4 l with coc and EK or ice spear, and take down the mob quickly, and swap one of them out depending if ele or phys reflect. Thats easy. The hard part would be maps, or even maps with both ele and phys (lol retarded they can spawn). I can only think of having EK alone, and if its phys fuck around with immortal call .... I am game for it, I seen a guy do a map like that (phys reflect) with a crit EK build lol, and quite fast too. The problem would be if I'll have enough gems for all the attacks. I perhaps wont use the barrage for single target and just stick to the same frenzy I use on single target reflect rares.

Lightning thorns ... how you handle it?

Let me know your thoughts
If you want to use EK and are struggling with reflect, I suggest you look at the Hardcore Vaal Pact variant Wurps has posted in the build section. It clears full phys reflect maps easily.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
Wurps wrote:
It's possible to do a somewhat similar build with two really good wands, it'll actually do more damage if they have high spellpower rolls and attack speed rolls.

The only problem is you can ONLY use barrage, power siphon would be useless.

Maybe..: Barrage + GMP + CastonCrit + Arctic Breath + Fireball + Chain? That link could likely do some serious damage for AoE clearing, you could swap out chain with conc effect if you wanted to kill a boss.

Since you could only have one 6L with wands on you would have to manually swap out the gem, but that's not that bad.

You also probably would not need thief's torment at all, as barrage's mana cost is tiny.

You would probably want the voll's, it's either that or get some random chest piece 6L, but trust me, building power charges automatically just by attacking is a MILLION TIMES BETTER than building them through some other means.

Thanks, I appreciate the response. You sure about power siphon not being viable? This blood magic variant seems really strong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAGV7Ur6d8 Granted, it's docks, but the combination of getting power charges by default and the high base crit chance of wands makes me think in the end you might be doing nearly as many crits as barrage and you wouldn't need any other 'charge builder', let alone the benefit of wearing a nice EV chest instead of Volls.
6l volls + dual wield rare wands + barrage coc will always beat power siphon coc + defense chest

Power siphon is waaaaaaayyyyy too weak for coc builds. Yeah you can blow up trash mobs in docks with your gmp, but your single target will be ridiculously low and you can't use two attacks like quillrain, since they get 2 6l for LA and barrage.

It is much better to use barrage + gmp + coc as an all purpose attack for wands

Another way to put it is: barrage + gmp + coc is good at single target and okay at aoe. Power siphon is good at aoe but terrible for single target
Last edited by pabrt on Dec 20, 2013, 3:57:50 PM
"
Its easy to change the tree for more hp. I just did and got close to 300%. I really like LOH, since its not capped like leech. Evasion / dodge / blind / ondars is pretty cool, as long as its not on a 2k hp pool.

The only thing I hate is bloody reflect with this build, I am thinking ... for single monsters just use frenzy 4 l with coc and EK or ice spear, and take down the mob quickly, and swap one of them out depending if ele or phys reflect. Thats easy. The hard part would be maps, or even maps with both ele and phys (lol retarded they can spawn). I can only think of having EK alone, and if its phys fuck around with immortal call .... I am game for it, I seen a guy do a map like that (phys reflect) with a crit EK build lol, and quite fast too. The problem would be if I'll have enough gems for all the attacks. I perhaps wont use the barrage for single target and just stick to the same frenzy I use on single target reflect rares.

Due to me freezing everything I can go rambo on maps with arcmages, they never seem to cast the lightning thorns as long as I hit them first, if you're in a map group, make sure you engage the enemies first, if your allies do it you will probably end up dead.

This doesn't work for bosses though, those are deadly if they can cast thorns.

Also for ele reflect I'm pretty resistant to them at this point, I can blow up packs of them most of the time without caring, the clumped up ones are dangerous though because the cold snap damage can get out of hand quickly.
"
Wurps wrote:
"

Due to me freezing everything I can go rambo on maps with arcmages, they never seem to cast the lightning thorns as long as I hit them first, if you're in a map group, make sure you engage the enemies first, if your allies do it you will probably end up dead.

This doesn't work for bosses though, those are deadly if they can cast thorns.

Also for ele reflect I'm pretty resistant to them at this point, I can blow up packs of them most of the time without caring, the clumped up ones are dangerous though because the cold snap damage can get out of hand quickly.

hmmm have you tried an ele reflect map tho?

"
Rofls wrote:
If you want to use EK and are struggling with reflect, I suggest you look at the Hardcore Vaal Pact variant Wurps has posted in the build section. It clears full phys reflect maps easily.

That tree has really low hp, and vaal pact on a life build just irks me a bit. And I wouldnt want to use EK as main skill or in the main setup, I prefer an ice / lightning combo too.
Hey Wurp !

First of all, i would like to thank you for this amazing build, i followed it since i was back in the game 1 month ago.

I began with a lot of difficulties with only 4L from volls and Quill but still, made my road to merciless where i was able to farm a lot of docks to afford me the Ring (wich changed a lot in my IG life ! no more hard pot spamming !)

I had really hard time tbh but still, i'm now lvl 77 and able to solo 70 map easily. I only have 5L from both piece and the build is already insane (and so much fun !).

Then comes my question :
- I see on the gear part that you have a grace aura, do you use it ? I tried it and it seems very powerful, it grants me a lot more evasion wich is a lot more of survival.
- I come to the end of the three that you made, where do you plan to put the rest of points ? There is no more worth dmg nod to grab, so why not grab the reduced mana reserved. The problem i met about runing a grace aura is the manacost of the flame totem wich is too close to my manapool and force me to use manapot everytime i spawn it.

Thanks for the build !
What about NOT using Voll's (Power Charges gained through Power Charge on Crit' support) and actually getting a decent armor ?

Actually playing a different version (Frenzy Wander) and gaining 1 support (so, 1 spell out of 3 : 33% DPS increase at best) at the cost of half mana + no stats on 1 entire item is pretty hard to live with in my mind :/

One can live with only 2 spells, damage output is high enough anyway in my opinion :p
(Arc/Ice Spear actually used in conjonction with Berek's Grip. Better sacrifing 1 ring than 2 :p)
hi all i quit this build so if someone need pm me IGN SUKER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info