[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

"
iCubie wrote:
Finally got the right colors :)

Excited to try out this build.

And how muchs CHR u maked for volls chest finally ? xDDD.

Rofls:

- Well u seems here to dnt udnerstand:

----- >
"
Rofls wrote:
I change my volls 5L6S for urs, cos i spended 200 fusings and dsnt worked and u with only 60 fuse u maked it.

Mine its 6L not 5L, its way different ur sense here, cos its not fused amount what we're talking about here, we talk about CHRs. And here i spended right now till yesterday 1600 almost.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
Last edited by Dhoros on Dec 19, 2013, 4:25:31 AM
"
Dhoros wrote:
"
iCubie wrote:
Finally got the right colors :)

Excited to try out this build.

And how muchs CHR u maked for volls chest finally ? xDDD.

Rofls:

- Well u seems here to dnt udnerstand:

----- >
"
Rofls wrote:
I change my volls 5L6S for urs, cos i spended 200 fusings and dsnt worked and u with only 60 fuse u maked it.

Mine its 6L not 5L, its way different ur sense here, cos its not fused amount what we're talking about here, we talk about CHRs. And here i spended right now till yesterday 1600 almost.

man I dont want to be a dick but your English is a bit hilarious

and Rofls is making fun of you too, so dont feed the troll xDDD

where you from?
ROFLS @ how you shotgun piety, so cool
Hey guys, I'm starting a new scion because my last one really wasn't in a good position to switch to a cast-on-crit build, and I do have a 6s, 4/2L quill rain already, so I'm seriously considering this build... the problem is, I'm dirt poor and will probably never be able to afford the volls or thiefs torment ring.

Question - do you think the power siphon cast on crit build would be a good way to get mostly the same effect and mostly the same skill tree?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/595445

Seems like with the extra inherent crit chance of wands, and the power charges you get from power siphon anyway, it'd be a nice alternative to this build if you can't afford the expensive parts. Curious what your thoughts are.

I'm also debating whether the pure shadow/ev area or the version with blood magic and vaal pact would be better. I'm leaning towards blood magic / vaal pact if I get the ring and volls, but sticking with pure EV and mana for the wand version since it shouldn't be nearly as expensive mana-wise as quill rain.
I would like to know if anyone has tried this out in Hardcore / Nemesis since Wurps has not tested it out. I have just started a new character in hardcore and would like to know whether it is viable endgame. Please do elaborate on all the pros and cons.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Ahh, one last thing if you have tested out this build please guide my through Wurps HC Variant Build . What I mean is which nodes to take as you would progress through the levels.
Last edited by Rucian_ on Dec 19, 2013, 3:55:25 PM
"
Tamale wrote:
Hey guys, I'm starting a new scion because my last one really wasn't in a good position to switch to a cast-on-crit build, and I do have a 6s, 4/2L quill rain already, so I'm seriously considering this build... the problem is, I'm dirt poor and will probably never be able to afford the volls or thiefs torment ring.

Question - do you think the power siphon cast on crit build would be a good way to get mostly the same effect and mostly the same skill tree?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/595445

Seems like with the extra inherent crit chance of wands, and the power charges you get from power siphon anyway, it'd be a nice alternative to this build if you can't afford the expensive parts. Curious what your thoughts are.

I'm also debating whether the pure shadow/ev area or the version with blood magic and vaal pact would be better. I'm leaning towards blood magic / vaal pact if I get the ring and volls, but sticking with pure EV and mana for the wand version since it shouldn't be nearly as expensive mana-wise as quill rain.

It's possible to do a somewhat similar build with two really good wands, it'll actually do more damage if they have high spellpower rolls and attack speed rolls.

The only problem is you can ONLY use barrage, power siphon would be useless.

Maybe..: Barrage + GMP + CastonCrit + Arctic Breath + Fireball + Chain? That link could likely do some serious damage for AoE clearing, you could swap out chain with conc effect if you wanted to kill a boss.

Since you could only have one 6L with wands on you would have to manually swap out the gem, but that's not that bad.

You also probably would not need thief's torment at all, as barrage's mana cost is tiny.

You would probably want the voll's, it's either that or get some random chest piece 6L, but trust me, building power charges automatically just by attacking is a MILLION TIMES BETTER than building them through some other means.
Last edited by Wurps on Dec 19, 2013, 4:59:57 PM
[removed]
Last edited by Wurps on Dec 19, 2013, 5:14:27 PM
Wow, this build is pretty amazing.
"
iCubie wrote:
Wow, this build is pretty amazing.

:)
Pls post leving skill tree (at lv 20, 40, 60 v.v). Tks
Last edited by korikachi on Dec 20, 2013, 3:55:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: