[0.10.0] HP/ES Spork Shadow Battle Mage (Twinkle twinkle deadly Sparks!) [Videos included]

ok updated :) thanks for being patient!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I love the spork combo, but I don't play HC, and I'm not a fan of HP tanking casters. If you were to build this with ES and CI and drop all the hp nodes for ES ones and possibly more dmg nodes, how would the build look like/what noderoutes would you go instead of hp?
Last edited by LordDivine on Jan 24, 2013, 11:38:24 AM
Hello, I'm newbie and have 2 questions.

1> You said this is good build for fast leveling, so if I good understand, I will have high AoE damage. But what about bosses? I don't know what "fast killing bosses" means in this game, but I hope this build will be nice for that and for end game farming. Am I right?

2> How much worse this build will be in OB? "I don't see difference" or " Not bad, but much worse than before" ?

Thanks for answer and sorry for my English.
Your changelog has

17/11/12 - Birth of a new guide
6/12/12 - Updated guide and skilltrees
24/1/12 - Updated for Open Beta!

It should be 2013 for OB :]

Thanks for update.
"
LordDivine wrote:
I love the spork combo, but I don't play HC, and I'm not a fan of HP tanking casters. If you were to build this with ES and CI and drop all the hp nodes for ES ones and possibly more dmg nodes, how would the build look like/what noderoutes would you go instead of hp?

You can just drop the HP nodes and take the ES clusters below witch's starting area as well as the witch DPS nodes :)

"
DamianTaps wrote:
Hello, I'm newbie and have 2 questions.

1> You said this is good build for fast leveling, so if I good understand, I will have high AoE damage. But what about bosses? I don't know what "fast killing bosses" means in this game, but I hope this build will be nice for that and for end game farming. Am I right?

2> How much worse this build will be in OB? "I don't see difference" or " Not bad, but much worse than before" ?

Thanks for answer and sorry for my English.

1) Yes this build is good in killing bosses in enclosed areas and will be decent in end-game farming as well

2) It will be slightly weaker in terms of killing speed but won't affect the overall gameplay much in my opinion.

"
ImYoungxD wrote:
Your changelog has

17/11/12 - Birth of a new guide
6/12/12 - Updated guide and skilltrees
24/1/12 - Updated for Open Beta!

It should be 2013 for OB :]

Thanks for update.

Thanks! changed :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
what makes fork better than chain?
Last edited by namad on Jan 25, 2013, 4:39:48 AM
Deleted *wrong thread*
Last edited by Xierg on Jan 25, 2013, 8:55:15 AM
"
namad wrote:

The new nerfed chain is +2 hits at -50% damage or 150% damage overall.
Fork is +2 projectiles at -30% for 210% damage overall (also less mana cost).

The upside to chain is it auto-targets, which you don't get with the way spark works.
Fork is that angled split, but since sparks just go everywhere you don't care as much.
I got this build to level 70 before OB, was a lot of fun but I wonder how viable it would be now with the nerfs to both spark and fork.... (and CI of course)

Keep up the great work btw, love your builds!
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
Last edited by Dhrakken on Jan 25, 2013, 11:34:38 AM
"
samuraiduel wrote:
"
namad wrote:

The new nerfed chain is +2 hits at -50% damage or 150% damage overall.
Fork is +2 projectiles at -30% for 210% damage overall (also less mana cost).

The upside to chain is it auto-targets, which you don't get with the way spark works.
Fork is that angled split, but since sparks just go everywhere you don't care as much.

the patch also makes it so that sparks that fork cannot retarget the original enemy for 1 second? at least that was listed in the patch notes? yes? i guess this is too minor a nerf to ruin spork in favor of spain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info