Many ideas to improve the game

Thread Update!

Deleting "Passive skill acceptation" idea from the list due to introduction in the game :)

Feel free to comment other ideas :)
Last edited by sowus on Mar 9, 2013, 1:21:35 PM
BIG UPDATE!

Due to implementing in the game "Fast buy idea" has been removed from the list!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW CATEGORIE!!!

MOB SKILLS
Spoiler

ACT 1
Spoiler

1. Scavengers
Some scavengers are wielding and throwing torches. If they near campfire they could take another torch from the campfire and throw it again.

2. Dogs
They could "Howl" which would work like "Increased Accuracy" support gem but in range for all dogs ONLY.

UNIQUE FOES
Spoiler

Fire Fury
Casts "Incinerate" skill.

Hailrake
Casts "Frost Wall".

The Burning Menace
Casts "Puncture".

Stranglecharm
Casts "Freezing Pulse".

Fairgraves Eternal
Classified as a Skeleton.
Casts "Blood Rage" and "Punishment".

Amarissa, Daughter of Merveil
Casts "Conductivity".

Ambrosia, Daughter of Merveil
Casts "Flammability".

Brutus
Casts "Frenzy".

ACT 2
Spoiler

1. Apes

Casts "Grace".

2. Spiders

Spit "Web" which decrease attack and movement speed.

3. Cobra

Casts "Viper Strike".

UNIQUE FOES
Spoiler

Gneiss
Casts "Determination" skill.

Aidan the Frenzied and Nadia the Soothing
Both classified as an Apes.

Fidelitas, the Mourning
Casts "Arc".

The Great White Beast
Casts "Enduring Cry".

ACT 3
Spoiler

Coming Soon! (Need to prepare some information about mobs here :P)

MOBS MET IN DIFFERENT ACTS
Spoiler

Skeletons
30% reduced accuracy rating and 30% reduced physical damage against skeletons from bows. It's hard to hit a skeleton.

Necromancers
As we know they can Raise Undead but only "Normal" ones.
They should Raise Undead depends on their Rarity.

So:
- Normal Necromancers raise only normal Undead.
- Blue Necromancers do the same.
- Yellow Necromances can raise normal and "blue" Undead.
- Unique Necromancers can raise normal, "blue" and "yellow" Undead.

Feel free to comment :)
Regards
General 1 would be annoying given that many characters are constantly leeching life and/or mana and often in quick intervals.

General 3 is hard to do. The game has to scan the entire content pack file for consistency after updating. If you have a slow storage medium, it can take a while. A computer with a ssd doesn't take very long at all.

General 6 should have some details about ram usage in the post

General 8 is caused by desync.

Items 1 won't be implemented because the idea of auto-loot vastly decreases the difficulty of getting items and would negatively affect the economy in all of the ways that making loot easier to get does. A better suggestion would be to automatically filter out the items from view based on custom criteria.

Items 3 would make it that much easier to get out of combat quickly. I don't think the game was designed for people to do that.

Items 5 should be removed now that it has been implemented.

Items 6 and Items 7 are good suggestions.

Items 8 won't change due to GGG's game design philosophy outlined in other loot based threads.

Items 9 won't be implemented because it would break the ideals of ethical micro-transactions

Items 10 is a good suggestion, but might not ever see the light of day due to GGG's game design philosophy.

Chat 1 could get really annoying. Pushing enter is a good idea to keep clutter low.

Chat 2 could get really annoying for the same reason as Chat 1. The chat window shouldn't steal the mouse focus when the user doesn't intent for it to.

Chat 3 is a good suggestion.

Chat 4 is just visuals. Some might like it, some might not.

Chat 5 is a good suggestion. Minor change: Ask for custom channels that a user can create.

Skills 1 should go under the skill feedback topic for double strike. I'm in agreement.

Skills 2 is too specific. The gold socket should be exist and be able to come from chromatics and jewelers at a much lower frequency.

Skills 3 is a good suggestion though the skill planner should be accessible via the website and viewable in the game.

Mob Skills -- all great suggestions except for the necromancers. They work pretty well (even if they are terribly annoying) as is.

Other 1 is actively being worked on

Other 2 may come in the future as the team becomes more specialized. I think the community really likes the activity they see from the developers right now. A community management team might hinder the dev's ability to talk to us one-on-one. I think that's almost inevitable as the game gets larger though.
IGN: Blaze_Ember
"
vmrob wrote:
General 1 would be annoying given that many characters are constantly leeching life and/or mana and often in quick intervals.

General 3 is hard to do. The game has to scan the entire content pack file for consistency after updating. If you have a slow storage medium, it can take a while. A computer with a ssd doesn't take very long at all.

General 6 should have some details about ram usage in the post

General 8 is caused by desync.

Items 1 won't be implemented because the idea of auto-loot vastly decreases the difficulty of getting items and would negatively affect the economy in all of the ways that making loot easier to get does. A better suggestion would be to automatically filter out the items from view based on custom criteria.

Items 3 would make it that much easier to get out of combat quickly. I don't think the game was designed for people to do that.

Items 5 should be removed now that it has been implemented.

Items 6 and Items 7 are good suggestions.

Items 8 won't change due to GGG's game design philosophy outlined in other loot based threads.

Items 9 won't be implemented because it would break the ideals of ethical micro-transactions

Items 10 is a good suggestion, but might not ever see the light of day due to GGG's game design philosophy.

Chat 1 could get really annoying. Pushing enter is a good idea to keep clutter low.

Chat 2 could get really annoying for the same reason as Chat 1. The chat window shouldn't steal the mouse focus when the user doesn't intent for it to.

Chat 3 is a good suggestion.

Chat 4 is just visuals. Some might like it, some might not.

Chat 5 is a good suggestion. Minor change: Ask for custom channels that a user can create.

Skills 1 should go under the skill feedback topic for double strike. I'm in agreement.

Skills 2 is too specific. The gold socket should be exist and be able to come from chromatics and jewelers at a much lower frequency.

Skills 3 is a good suggestion though the skill planner should be accessible via the website and viewable in the game.

Mob Skills -- all great suggestions except for the necromancers. They work pretty well (even if they are terribly annoying) as is.

Other 1 is actively being worked on

Other 2 may come in the future as the team becomes more specialized. I think the community really likes the activity they see from the developers right now. A community management team might hinder the dev's ability to talk to us one-on-one. I think that's almost inevitable as the game gets larger though.

Thanks!

In 2 issues you're 100% right, General 1 (visual effects of leeching) and 8 (desync issue) has been removed from the list.

About General 6, in my situation, RAM usage is going to over 1,5 GB! That's huge. Actually, can't find any other game which would use so much RAM (even Skyrim didn't, The Witcher 2 or other Hi-Res games).

Items 1 - That's the point! Thanks! I'll change that :)

Items 3 - Naaaah, it wont change anything.

Chat 1 - up to users choice. It could be an option in "UI Option Tab".

Chat 2 - the same as above.

Chat 5 - already there: "- creating new channels;".

Skills 2 - no it should not. "Gold Socket" is something more than just a unique. You can put there everything you want without using tones of Chromatics to change the colour of one socket. And the sockets colour won't be able to change due Orbs.

Skills 3 - skill planner is on the website already but you need to minimize the game to look into it. Idea is to have a such planner without minimizing the game.

Mob skills - necromancers should use their inner power to give "life" to the Undead. The better (more powerful) necromancer is, the better Undeads it should raise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update due to comments!

ITEMS

1. Item Pick-up filters.

We have only "white item filter". But at the end we could use some more advanced filters like: Showing only Legendary rings or Rare amulets and so on.

(instead of autolooting)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adding information to:

SKILLS

2. Gold Socket.

Also, such socket could not be changed by using Jeweller's and Chromatic Orb (which means that Gold Socket is ALWAYS in the item).

Regards
Last edited by sowus on Mar 11, 2013, 8:32:13 PM
Update.

Due to implementing "Increase loot duration" is removed from the list.
Hi!

It passed a lot of time since I was here last time so I've got a request to YOU - could you please look into my ideas and say what is already implemented in the game and which one's not. There was a lot of patches since my last visit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW IDEA!

8. Change "Unlocking account method".

Description: Many users has dynamic IP (like me and the other "Neostrada" (ISP) users) and every reset of the router cause that we've to go to our e-mail account and copy the code.

My idea is to change that into some sort of "safe question" or something else because it's really irritating.

Or maybe someone has a solution to this?
Last edited by sowus on Dec 15, 2013, 8:12:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info