Many ideas to improve the game

Hi,

I was playing PoE for some time and I made-up with some ideas and bugs.

GENERAL

Spoiler

1. While playing I was wondering, how the hell all the barrels be found in the jungle?

No camp near them, no civilization. In my opinion there should be deleted (also from caves separeted from civilization).

2. Try to speed up "Checking resources" while updating.

It's quite long checking game version.

3. Try to speed up showing "Login Screen".

Also it's loading quite long.

4. Try to speed up loading the game (map, city etc.) for the first time in a day.

5. Try optimise the code for less RAM usage.

RAM usage goes enormous when we try to minimize the game.

6. Arrows for separation items (like scrolls) should be bigger.

7. Increase "kicking" speed.

Rangers should broke barrels / crates / urns faster.

8. Change "Unlocking account method".

Description: Many users has dynamic IP (like me and the other "Neostrada" (ISP) users) and every reset of the router cause that we've to go to our e-mail account and copy the code.

My idea is to change that into some sort of "safe question" or something else because it's really irritating.

Or maybe someone has a solution to this?

ITEMS

Spoiler

1. Item Pick-up filters.

We have only "white item filter". But at the end we could use some more advanced filters like: Automatically picking up only Legendary rings or Rare amulets and so on.

2. Button to relocate items in stash and backpack.

Yeah. In the inventory there could be such button (like it was in "Arcanum", maybe someone remember the game). So users won't waste time on clicking and setting items in their stash manually, etc.

3. Shortcut key for Scrolls of Portals.

Faster than opening inventory and right clicking on scroll.

4. In my opinion, 3 Scrolls of Wisdom is too high price for Scroll of Portals. It should be reduced to 2 Scrolls.

5.On level up, flask with mana and life don't fill up.

Now they do :)

6. Unstacking items while trading.

Now it's impossible. We need to cancel our trade window and unstack orbs and then once again open a trade window.

7. Autostack items.

I'm talking about shards which when reach 20 or 40 changes into orbs. Those orbs could autostack into not-full-group of it.

8. Looting pets.

Yes! It'll be a great feature to give a pet ability to loot currency (orbs) and unique items. This could increase GGGs cash in the pocket and make some use of pets - not only visual.

9. Loot options.

While creating a party, Party Creator (Leader) decides to set "loot" for "Name Restrictions" (item is set to a person and until the character is in the same location, noone can pick it up, exception - if a player is far, far away from the item) or "Roll Item" (the game starts a roll, player with biggest value gets the item).
Some of you can say that there should be a "Free for All" option. IMO it's a bad idea. Player with "fastest" hands and low ping will get almost everything.

CHAT

Spoiler

1. Showing item properties in chat tab without clicking "Enter". We just move our cursor towards item and the tab with it's properties arrives.

2. Possibility to invite/add friend/whisper user without clicking "Enter".

Now, if we want to whisper user we must enter the chat ("Enter" key) and then Right Mouse Button on user. Just change it that we can whisper to a user without entering the chat. We just click Right Mouse Button and choose the option.

3. Key-shortcut to "Last Private Messager".

I mean, we click a key and we can write to a person that has written to us. With another shortcut-key, for example "TAB", we could change the user in private in-chat tab (after clicking key for "Respond"). Each time we push "TAB" our private responder changes.

4. Changing private messages.

A really simple change. Instead of using "-->" and "<--" change it into "TO" and "FROM".

5. Lobby.

Yep.
As we can see on Closed Beta, sometimes on chat there is a total SPAM. SOme of users said that it'll be cool to talk in lobby.

Lobby features, could be:
- changing channels;
- creating new channels;
- private messages;
- viewing character:
* items on character;
* backpack;
* stash;
- linking items;
- friend list;
- ignore list.

6. Help Channel.

Under "?".

SKILLS

Spoiler

1.If we use Double Strike and the first attack kills a monster the second should be targeted on another adjacement foe.

I didn't seen that Double Strike is doing so, that's why I'm writting about it.

2. Gold Socket

This socket could be filled with every gem. Doesn't matter is it blue, red or green, support, projectile, etc.
It would be very hard to get such socket. Let's say only 0.005% on Rare and Legendary Item ONLY and ONLY one such socket in the item. Also it won't be possible to get this socket from Chromatic Orb and Jeweller's Orb.

3. In-game passive skill planner.

On Skill Tree there could be added a button "Skill planner" or something. After clicking it the passive skill reappears with with skills already selected and we can add all available points. Then we could asve it.
After that, we could enter to our passive skill tree and see the planned "path" of skills.

Like this:

MOB SKILLS
Spoiler

ACT 1
Spoiler

1. Scavengers
Some scavengers are wielding and throwing torches. If they near campfire they could take another torch from the campfire and throw it again.

2. Dogs
They could "Howl" which would work like "Increased Accuracy" support gem but in range for all dogs ONLY.

UNIQUE FOES
Spoiler

Fire Fury
Casts "Incinerate" skill.

Hailrake
Casts "Frost Wall".

The Burning Menace
Casts "Puncture".

Stranglecharm
Casts "Freezing Pulse".

Fairgraves Eternal
Classified as a Skeleton.
Casts "Blood Rage" and "Punishment".

Amarissa, Daughter of Merveil
Casts "Conductivity".

Ambrosia, Daughter of Merveil
Casts "Flammability".

Brutus
Casts "Frenzy".

ACT 2
Spoiler

1. Apes

Casts "Grace".

2. Spiders

Spit "Web" which decrease attack and movement speed.

3. Cobra

Casts "Viper Strike".

UNIQUE FOES
Spoiler

Gneiss
Casts "Determination" skill.

Aidan the Frenzied and Nadia the Soothing
Both classified as an Apes.

Fidelitas, the Mourning
Casts "Arc".

The Great White Beast
Casts "Enduring Cry".

ACT 3
Spoiler

Coming Soon! (Need to prepare some information about mobs here :P)

MOBS MET IN DIFFERENT ACTS
Spoiler

Skeletons
30% reduced accuracy rating and 30% reduced physical damage against skeletons from bows. It's hard to hit a skeleton.

Necromancers
As we know they can Raise Undead but only "Normal" ones.
They should Raise Undead depends on their Rarity.

So:
- Normal Necromancers raise only normal Undead.
- Blue Necromancers do the same.
- Yellow Necromances can raise normal and "blue" Undead.
- Unique Necromancers can raise normal, "blue" and "yellow" Undead.

OTHER

Spoiler

1. Translation.

Of course to a different languages (in my case to Polish). If you don't mind I can do that in free time :)

2. Social moderators.

What these would do? Well, they would be sitting on forum and talk with people about their ideas, problems and other stuff. Also, these guys would have a direct connection with you (GGG) about, what's happening, what would be implemented.
Why? It's simple. None of your employees would have to sit on forum and post. They could be only concentrated on "Making the Game".

Please comment :)

Regards
Last edited by sowus on Dec 15, 2013, 8:12:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Edited
Last edited by sowus on Mar 11, 2013, 1:50:31 PM
"
sowus wrote:
Several minutes ago:

While entering Forrest Encampment.

How much ram do you have??
A standard 4gb machine runs this fine.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
2 GB RAM + virtual 6 GB + 1 GB on video accelerator ;)
Another idea (This thread is mine and I'll SPAM here as much as I like :P) :)

On level up, flask with mana and life don't fill up.
Now they do :)

Regards
New ideas today ^^

19. Possibility to invite/add friend/whisper user without clicking "Enter".
Now, if we want to whisper user we must enter the chat ("Enter" key) and then Right Mouse Button on user. Just change it that we can whisper to a user without entering the chat. We just click Right Mouse Button and choose the option.

20. Key-shortcut to "Last Private Messager".
I mean, we click a key and we can write to a person that has written to us. With another shortcut-key, for example "TAB", we could change the user in private in-chat tab (after clicking key for "Respond").
2GB of RAM is not that much.

Although I like the idea of flasks refilling on lvl I see no reason why they should.

Sync issues are currently being worked on. As well as the optimization phase which should reduce checking resources time for HDD users.

Support gems should not work with default attacks, since they increase mana consumption, and default attacks use 0 mana.
New idea :)

21. Gold Socket
This socket could be filled with every gem. Doesn't matter is it blue, red or green, support, projectile, etc.
It would be very hard to get such socket. Let's say only 0.005% on Rare and Legendary Item ONLY and ONLY one such socket in the item. Also it won't be possible to get this socket from Chromatic Orb and Jeweller's Orb.
Another ideas! :)

22. Trade Channel.
Add Trade Channel under "$".

23. Unstacking items while trading.
Now it's impossible. We need to cancel our trade window and unstack orbs and then once again open a trade window.

24. Changing private messages.
A really simple change. Instead of using "-->" and "<--" change it into "TO" and "FROM".

Please comment :)
Another idea but not mine. It was commented by many users on in-game chat.

Lobby.
Yep.
As we can see on Closed Beta, sometimes on chat there is a total SPAM. SOme of users said that it'll be cool to talk in lobby.

Lobby features, could be:
- changing channels;
- creating new channels;
- private messages;
- viewing character:
* items on character;
* backpack;
* stash;
- linking items;
- friend list;
- ignore list.

Translation.
Of course to a different languages (in my case to Polish). If you don't mind I can do that in free time :)

Social moderators.
What these would do? Well, they would be sitting on forum and talk with people about their ideas, problems and other stuff. Also, these guys would have a direct connection with you (GGG) about, what's happening, what would be implemented.
Why? It's simple. None of your employees would have to sit on forum and post. They could be only concentrated on "Making the Game".

Regards
Last edited by sowus on Dec 12, 2012, 12:34:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info