Boss damage in Orchard Map

"
anteolsson wrote:
The fireballs I can anticipate and evade but whenever he comes out of the ground I automatically take damage without there being a graphic for what is doing the damage. It doesn't matter if I am close to him or not when that happens. Anyone else experiencing this?
I've noticed that sometimes I think, but also something different. You can be running in a straight line at like 40% movement speed when he'll pop out of the ground next to you, attack a good second later (by then you're really far away if you didn't stop), and yet he'll still hit you with a melee attack from far away. It feels sort of like lag/desync, but I don't think it is.

Dodging fireballs isn't necessarily an option for everyone either; melee users have to remain close by where they can't avoid fireballs.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
haha sames on a party, all raped.
Tried doing a rare version of this map today with +34% monster damage, frenzy charges and vulnerability on players.

Granted he was going to hit hard with these combination of mods, but his melee attack two shot even the tankiest of people in the group, through granites/evasion flasks and endurance charges. 5k+ hp 7k armour(35k with both granite and evasion up).

I assume his melee attack is all physical damage? Which is ridiculously high for a 66 map, considering map brutus is on the same map lvl and has nothing on orchard boss. Would make sense if its chaos damage due to negative chaos resist.

His "guaranteed" melee attack needs to be fixed though. As soon as he pops up he will always get off a hit regardless how far away from him you are, which is probably the death of any character who didn't stack a lot of life and armour unless they dodge/block/evade.

Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
Last edited by Isindel on Nov 1, 2013, 2:31:36 AM
hows iron reflexes working out against this boss? lol
i did him with 8k hp, 14k armour + 6 end charges, he was hard but doable, id say that blacksmith on his second form in spider forest is about as dangerous as this 66 map boss, so his damage is still off the charts, if u can do double dungeon brutus with ease, thats around the point when u attempt single orchard boss lol
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
It's much easier since the recent patch.
Wouldn't be so bad if he didn't desync like crazy. All the fights leading up to him were fine, until suddenly he's teleporting everywhere, I'm reappearing all over the place and then I died when he wasn't even nearby.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
it is easier - yes

but still crazy for a 66 map and en par with 74+ map bosses with one truly bullshit mechanic of 'always hit on emerge'
I dodge devourers "pop up" all the time. And the FB is quite dodgeable(20% ms iirc).

Maybe... dont stand still when he burrows?
keep in mind it is a map. you can tell its orchard map before you run it, meaning you can always skip it.
just collect 3 and crunch them if you have trouble with that boss

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info