Boss damage in Orchard Map

Hi,

is the damage that the boss makes in a orchard map on distance fight a % damage of the life?

If not then the boss is REALLY dangerous. I have 79% all-res, 36 chaos res (Is it perhaps chaos damage) and got about 2800 damage as he hit me with one of these bullets he fires. I used no modifications on the map.

And its only a level 66 map. LOL

Last edited by DeltaWing on Oct 28, 2013, 1:48:48 PM
Yep, this type of mobs is broken.
ALL new types of mobs are OFF THE CHARTS currently

ive made a thread here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/555404

there are several similar comments in the 'map management resources' thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977 (recommended read btw)

orchard is.. manageable if you know what to expec (overcap resists + ruby flask) but do not enter Villa map.. you know Perpetus? theyve doubled it :)

the only good part - spectres created from these mobs are immensely strong

GGG - please balance these things out. they might be 'a little' over the top in 'campaign' but with all 'more' modifiers that map grants they quickly get broken
"
sidtherat wrote:
ALL new types of mobs are OFF THE CHARTS currently

ive made a thread here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/555404

there are several similar comments in the 'map management resources' thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977 (recommended read btw)

orchard is.. manageable if you know what to expec (overcap resists + ruby flask) but do not enter Villa map.. you know Perpetus? theyve doubled it :)

the only good part - spectres created from these mobs are immensely strong

GGG - please balance these things out. they might be 'a little' over the top in 'campaign' but with all 'more' modifiers that map grants they quickly get broken

"
orchard is.. manageable
Y for me its manageable. But I am a level 87 Templar in Hardcore Mode and have 6700 life and 79 all-res. (No, not with the 1000 life armour ^^)

But if someone who get fresh to Merciles play orchard, he will get killed . Its a level 66 Map. There 2800 damage is a little bit too much ^^

If 100-79 = 21% of the damage is hitting me and I got 2800 damage that means the boss deals 13333 damage! (Perhaps I got a crit-hit, but it is too extream)

I can play Dominus runs as melee fighter without running away from the attacks of his first form (life leech and regeneration is enough to survive it in Merciles), but if the boss in the level 66 map would have hit me with the fire balls a second time he could have killed me.
Last edited by DeltaWing on Oct 28, 2013, 2:58:48 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone (non-ES) who isn't stacking health (or possibly max resist) like crazy will get 1-shot by this boss which is stupid because it's level 66. It's definitely above 2500 damage with 75% resists, probably upwards of 3000 damage or something.

At the least the projectiles need to be much slower so that they can be dodged, but that doesn't really solve the problem at all for melee users; It would just make it unfair for them.

A bit off-topic, but Dominus' discharge-like thing (whatever it is) seems too strong as well (deals even more damage than that it seems). It would be better if it had a reasonable delay before cast so that you have time to get out, or dealt damage in two bursts, or dealt less damage
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Oct 28, 2013, 7:49:06 PM
Level 83, 10k armor, all res 75, 44% chance to block and 3750 life gets one shot easy. I can tank piety and second form of dominus easy :(

But I noticed my map has 67% increased fire dmg >_<. So not sure if this is a good way to measure :3
Is it still that bad after the nerf?
I made the mistake of attempting this map with the Twinned modifier after soloing other 66 and 67 maps easily.

Fortunately it was standard league.

Died three times before I could even figure out what happened. Both pop on top of each other and insta gib me with 80 fire res.
"
AveiMil wrote:
Is it still that bad after the nerf?

4500 hp 75 fire res melted by 2 shots today. I'm face tanking Kole and Piety's fire and even the cold form.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
i only have 3,1k life 6k armor and caped resi
i survie more than 2 shots from his lmp attack
the singel big ball is dangerous thoug on top of that he hits really hard in melee range
he has farshot i think so if you stay too far away he hits even harder

easy kill with beartrap just keep running around him and you will never get hit ofc this takes a bit time and is kinda anoying but you wont get hit even once if you do it right

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info