[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

Here is my planned final build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcRlhUgGDwY2xmGG-Ac3B6UJDwnqSj6KaUqTSzpLagxnjN4NZI_J0WWRZ1GK0ZxSVFKfUrITeNOKk6bVvpabVuvW7tnoG6qb55wUXRBdPF313qqfVt-sH_GgseDCYd2kA2SzZLzkyeTOpitmuCmV6dcrD-sR6xZsZC0DLXyt9a9J8pK21ncV90N5zrrLOvu-ej8xf6POrMhYECgBS2euS1HUEKMNojxVUsmlW17wzpWLax_74YUdcHYRA1xsJK72eBX2DGzDkjjhO4Vt3Vwu-wYj_rb5zIYswNvvFMxpucGd-GIHaq-u2BLeu907Q==

You can remove some mana nodes to put into more life if you have no mana issues

Gem setup is:
weapon: Bear trap - added fire - Elemental Weakness curse
Shield: Reduced Mana - Grace - Clarity
Chest: Lightning Trap - Multiple Traps - Chain - Elemental Proliferation (+ Lightning pen + reduced mana if 5 and 6 link)
Shoes: unique trap passive - Cold Snap - Cold pen - multiple traps - Increased Area
Helm: Fire trap - Multiple Traps - Fire pen - Added Burning
Gloves: Cast on damage taken - end cry - Molten shell

I was reading my tooltips when leveling when i noticed the lightning trap tool says: fires 8 projectiles. So i added a lmp to see what happened. It worked. I immediately thought of chain. It works. It's glorious. 8 projectiles x 3 traps x chain two times. A well placed lightning trap in the heart of a pack is devastating.

Skill rotation is: curse the pack, then fire - lightning - cold - lightning - fire - lightning etc.

The first fire trap sets up elemental equi. The lightning trap triple shocks the pack, and the cold snap finishes off anyone who survived that. Lightning trap regens faster than the other two, so fitting it in between them in the rotation works well. Plus it keeps the shocks up.

Elemental equi gives -50%res, curse gives -50%, trap keystone gives -10%, elemental pen gem gives -40%. Add up to 140% more damage than what the tooltip says.
Add up 3 shocks stacks on top, for large groups that are easy to shock.

If you can, get the sunblast unique belt.

If you somehow get rich and can afford beastly ES gear, then here is a CI version:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcRlhUgGDwZhhvgHNwo-imlKk0s6S2oM3g_J0WWRitGcUrITipOm1b6W69bu2-ecFF0QXfXfVt-sH_GgseDCZANks2S85MnkzqYraxHsZC0DLfWvSfKSttZ3Q3nOuss-ej8xTqzwzpWLax_FHXB2EQNcbCSu9ngV9gxsw5I44TuFbd1cLvsGI_62-cyGLMDb7xTMabnBnfhiB2qwcUnqYhrtvcRL5ma62NHBsLstMUrCsEA2xoQe_VLvjosv4auFdfXhlZjw22io8HzbRktH0yzBAeXlVJTPV874eL3pyuX9FWuLJw0CjdmLKaQ1g==
Last edited by OTfor2 on Nov 3, 2013, 11:43:24 PM
"
Well I went ahead and picked up all the gems you mentioned in the leveling guide section but after that it doesnt say much about how you're supposed to level.

Im just confused, as you dont get access to the Trap gem until much later in the game, same with Multiple Traps. Do I have to buy those? Or can I just level using EK and the traps normally.

I started a very similar build a couple of days ago.
I used Bear Trap and Fire Trap from the beginning, Lightning Trap at lvl 10 and i bought a pair of 4L trapper boots which i used from lvl 22 onwards.

You can use Multiple Traps from lvl 24 and if you link it with Fire Trap and Lightning Trap (or Cold Snap which i don't like that much) it is a walk in the park up to merciless.

I can strongly recommend getting the trapper boots, atleast for leveling.
It makes life so much easier.
I'm making trapper Scion right now, but my build is rather different from everything I see so far. There is a huge chance I will regret my decision, but who know. Here's my build.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBLMGdwhnDkgRlhRNGDwZLhmFGjgc3B0UJDwkqiepJ-0o-i2oMZ4yGDWSNns26TrYOuFBh0YrRnFJO0lRTdhN406bUzFVxlnzWm1bu2KsZp5nvW-ecFF-WX6wf8aBb4LHgwmI8Yx2j0aP-pBVkyeTOpitm6Gdqp48ogCmV6bnpwinXKeErFmsqrGQtAy0o7c-t3W31riTud29J8AaykrPZdDQ1I_Wndrd21nb5-Nq44TnY-vu7BjsOO4V7m_vDvAf8i_yRfno-tL-Cv6P

I didn't take Iron Reflexes (could be a huge mistake, because everyone is taking it). I went deep into Templar for live nodes. I took Elemental Equilibrum, as I will use 3 traps in rotation, so monsters "should" be always on -50% resistances of anything that will come at them next. I choose static blows for debuff. I have 250 STR with this build, so I'm thinking I would use Iron Will gem for support.

For leveling (for now) I'm using Spectral Throw, but I completely forgot about EK. Probably that was better choice :(

As I said. This build is in the making. There is a huge chance I will hit the wall sooner or later.
At the moment i'm in the process of altering my character again, I'm actually able to sustain my mana pool without running clarity now, which means I get a free cast on damage taken. I'll update this sometime later today to show you guys the changes!
I'm glad to see you take off the crit nodes (they really weren't going to benefit your build much).

Is there a reason you take Master Sapper cluster of High Explosives cluster? Same amount of nodes.

Master Sapper route is 30 dex, 50% dmg inc trap, 2 additional trap
High Explosives cluster is 30 int, 39% dmg inc trap, Traps Penetrate 10% ele res.

I personally don't know which is better, but I took high explosives because I like any extra elemental penetration on stack of ele weakness.

Btw, I was listening to your stream and heard you were wondering about what 5L and 6L maybe to run. I don't know how you feel about making your fire trap be your 5L or 6L, but Fire Trap, Multi Trap, Fire Pen, Conc Effect, Inc AoE and 6L (open for discussion Iron Will, Inc Burning, etc).

If life, mana regen and resist are solid without your weapon and shield (which is hard to obtain obviously), it would be ideal to put the 5L and 6L fire trap inside searing touch. But now that Kripp is running discharger again, the price of it will sky rocket and only the rich will succeed in that build lol.
Last edited by NeOZealouS on Nov 4, 2013, 11:22:08 AM
"
NeOZealouS wrote:
I'm glad to see you take off the crit nodes (they really weren't going to benefit your build much).

Is there a reason you take Master Sapper cluster of High Explosives cluster? Same amount of nodes.

Master Sapper route is 30 dex, 50% dmg inc trap, 1 additional trap
High Explosives cluster is 30 int, 39% dmg inc trap, Traps Penetrate 10% ele res.

I personally don't know which is better, but I took high explosives because I like any extra elemental penetration on stack of ele weakness.

Btw, I was listening to your stream and heard you were wondering about what 5L and 6L maybe to run. I don't know how you feel about making your fire trap be your 5L or 6L, but Fire Trap, Multi Trap, Fire Pen, Conc Effect, Inc AoE and 6L (open for discussion Iron Will, Inc Burning, etc).

If life, mana regen and resist are solid without your weapon and shield (which is hard to obtain obviously), it would be ideal to put the 5L and 6L fire trap inside searing touch. But now that Kripp is running discharger again, the price of it will sky rocket and only the rich will succeed in that build lol.

Master Sapper gives 2 additional traps actually.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Thank you! Corrected that :P

Is 2 additional traps worth it? Are we actually utilizing that many more traps or do we want the traps to be going off? =/

I only get through throwing 2 different types of traps before 1 of them is triggered. I could see one benefit of stacking a bunch of bear traps and EK traps in one spot to make a huge burst damage to a single target which would have to be done by leading the target to the stacked traps.

Guess its more of a play style thing. Still curious which one is worth it more. One big plus about going the sapper route is getting dex which your build needs to level gems and not required to have as much plus dex gear.
"
NeOZealouS wrote:
Thank you! Corrected that :P

Is 2 additional traps worth it? Are we actually utilizing that many more traps or do we want the traps to be going off? =/

I only get through throwing 2 different types of traps before 1 of them is triggered. I could see one benefit of stacking a bunch of bear traps and EK traps in one spot to make a huge burst damage to a single target which would have to be done by leading the target to the stacked traps.

Guess its more of a play style thing. Still curious which one is worth it more. One big plus about going the sapper route is getting dex which your build needs to level gems and not required to have as much plus dex gear.

The 2 additional traps are extreme in my opinion, i'm using EK + Fire trap on a multi trap, without the additional 2 trap nodes, some of the traps will expire if thrown too quickly. If you're only using 1 trap on multi trap you can get away with it
"
NeOZealouS wrote:

Master Sapper route is 30 dex, 50% dmg inc trap, 2 additional trap

I would be too scared to run ST, i'm much more confident with the basic 24-28% Block on shields, they can save you from extreme burst damage
Just wanted to hop on and say I love how this build looks in your videos, and I'm going to try it out sometime... looks fun. Also, you're a handsome guy :3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info