Life regeneration Item Affix (Discussion about worthless mods in general)

There was a discussion on this long ago, and GGG's response was that they wanted flat life regen to exist because it would benefit builds that do not have high life to maximize the benefit of percent based regen. The fallacy is, 7 life per second, even on every available slot, is not enough to regenerate through damage taken at higher levels. At the same time, it's existence on multiple item slots means too great of a buff could be OP as it could be stacked and stacked and stacked. IMO, probably the best solution, is to severely reduce the number of items that can get flat regen, and significantly buff flat regen on remaining items that can get it. Then replace the missing mod on items it was removed from with "x% increased amount of life regenerated" where x is somewhere between 5-20%. Note, the wording means it would only benefit life regen, not ES regen from ZO.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 17, 2013, 10:11:49 AM
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
Last edited by skinnay on Jan 10, 2015, 4:53:38 AM
Useless mods are just there to dilute the mod pool and make it more difficult to craft perfect items.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
AveiMil wrote:
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:
It doesn't apply to people who have insane amounts of life with Kaom's and stuff. The three examples I gave above are valid and make 40-50 life regen on items a significant boost.

Meanwhile in stupid city you’re giving up 6-7 suffixes (the brackets you get resists and other good stuff) worth of stats just to get a meaningless 20% increase on life regen (IF you happen to have a really poor life regen of approximately 200 to start off with). If you have really poor gear you’d think your priority would be to get better gear with more life instead of wasting resources chasing a terrible stat that doesn’t even scale. To even obtain a decent item set that has an accumulated 40-50 (that number grows for every post you make) life regen would be very expensive and difficult; if you already could afford good gear why on earth are you looking for this terrible stat?

You've already bragged about being really bad at this game, shouldn't you stop talking about things you're clueless about?

First of all, why so hostile? Can anyone on the Internet have a conversation debating something without this type of combative, defensive attitude?

200 life regen isn't "really poor". Look at the math I did earlier. 200 life regen for someone with 4% total from life regen nodes (which is two 1.5% nodes + one 1% node) means that person has 5000 life. Is 5k life 'really poor'? For 90% of people it's not. Or do you expect someone to get every single life regen node on the tree and also put on Vitality?
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
Last edited by WAWAMELONS on Oct 17, 2013, 11:57:12 AM
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:
First of all, why so hostile? Can anyone on the Internet have a conversation debating something without this type of combative, defensive attitude?

200 life regen isn't "really poor". Look at the math I did earlier. 200 life regen for someone with 4% total from life regen nodes (which is two 1.5% nodes + one 1% node) means that person has 5000 life. Is 5k life 'really poor'? For 90% of people it's not. Or do you expect someone to get every single life regen node on the tree and also put on Vitality?

Hostile? You're making a really dumb argument and you've already established that you're really bad at the game so why do you try to argue for something you don't know much about? I regret getting into it because whether or not 200 life regen is poor or not is largely irrelevant to whether or not Life Regen mod on items is a terrible, very close to worthless, mod on items.

You postulate a hypothetical scenario where your GG items are all stacked with highest roll Life Regen mods possible and try to argue that Life Regen mod is good based off Life Regen values you’d have on a very medicore build/character. 20-25% increased life regen out of 200 is virtually nothing and won’t impact your game experience at all.

You don’t even bother to address that you’re sacrificing 6 or more affixes (resists), you don’t account for the fact that it doesn’t scale into endgame and you don’t even consider how hard it is to get that kind of stacked life regen on otherwise worthwhile items in the first place.
"
AveiMil wrote:
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:

Hostile? You're making a really dumb argument and you've already established that you're really bad at the game so why do you try to argue for something you don't know much about? I regret getting into it because whether or not 200 life regen is poor or not is largely irrelevant to whether or not Life Regen mod on items is a terrible, very close to worthless, mod on items.

You postulate a hypothetical scenario where your GG items are all stacked with highest roll Life Regen mods possible and try to argue that Life Regen mod is good based off Life Regen values you’d have on a very medicore build/character. 20-25% increased life regen out of 200 is virtually nothing and won’t impact your game experience at all.

You don’t even bother to address that you’re sacrificing 6 or more affixes (resists), you don’t account for the fact that it doesn’t scale into endgame and you don’t even consider how hard it is to get that kind of stacked life regen on otherwise worthwhile items in the first place.

There's definitely some hostility brewing in your words. Way too defensive over what was a casual debate.

Here are the facts. I'm better than you at this game. Let's see you clear lvl 70 maps with 1200 life and instant one-hit deaths. I've mastered PoE, I'm an absolute beast. I'm also more attractive than you, with a dapper sense of style as well.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:
There's definitely some hostility brewing in your words. Way too defensive over what was a casual debate.

Here are the facts. I'm better than you at this game. Let's see you clear lvl 70 maps with 1200 life and instant one-hit deaths. I've mastered PoE, I'm an absolute beast. I'm also more attractive than you, with a dapper sense of style as well.

Actually you're the one being defensive; once again you're not addressing anything I wrote. You seem to be arguing just to argue. Can't stand a little bit of heat? I recommend that you don't spew nonsense on the forum in that case.
"
AveiMil wrote:
"
WAWAMELONS wrote:

Actually you're the one being defensive; once again you're not addressing anything I wrote. You seem to be arguing just to argue. Can't stand a little bit of heat? I recommend that you don't spew nonsense on the forum in that case.

I don't see any defensive or combative retorts in my part of this exchange. *shrug* I also have whiter teeth than you.
@wawamelons
#1 Hillock farmer NA
6 life/second on my pendarus shield is great. 6 life/second on my level 60 chest, not so much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info