Life regeneration Item Affix (Discussion about worthless mods in general)

The item mod Life regeneration goes from values 1 to 7. I think these values should be changed. Even the highest mod isn't remotely useful. Let's asume that we have 4500 Life, a pretty normal level for any high level character. 7 Life per second is then equal to 0.15% Life regenerated per second. That's such a pathetic amount so the mod itself is considered trash. I would like an item system where there were no trash mods. Obviously these mods are good at lower level and such, but this highest bracket has a required level 78 itemlevel... :-)

Just like mana regeneration these mods should have a % added Life regeneration. Possibly they could range from 0.5-1% Life regenerated per second. Then they would actually be good and you could sacrifice lets say, 45 strength for it, or 40 resistance.

The same thing should be applied to coral amulets, which are pretty useless even for a Life based build.

Also I dont get why the Life/Mana gain per hit or kill affix is such pathetic small amounts either. And why does thorns on gear even exist? What is the point of having these useless affixes? Would it not make the game more interesting if they were a bit useful and could be used in an end game build?
Life regen stat should be a % i think. 7 life regen (max roll) could give 0.35%.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
+1
yep, thorns mod damage should be higher and life regen should be % based, except on some low level uniques that could benefit from having flat life regen.

also, light radius and reduced attribute requirement mods are still close to useless :|
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
"
skinnay wrote:

also, light radius and reduced attribute requirement mods are still close to useless :|

Yes. Maybe reduced attribute requirements can be useful in some specific situations though, but they are too few indeed. Light radius is just ridiculous.

I wish that this game had a lower light radius, and that you could not see through walls, detect monsters that your character cannot see etc, then light radius might be useful.
+1
I think most of the useless affixs are put in there to decrease the chances of you making a gg item.
I see no other use.
Last edited by Mythicpoe on Oct 17, 2013, 8:09:59 AM
while we are at it, why should a max item level base be able to roll a low bracket mod. while we are at it, every unique should have it's drop rate increased by 11000%. while we are at it we should just have an item generator so you can just spawn a perfectly rolled item
In races I love having life regen, especially when you get around 10 ish life regen per second on a lowbie character, it can be like a constant flask recovery,

Agreeded that past lv 20 ish it becomes trash, maybe iLv 1-30 have the flat life mods, iLv 31-100 have life % regen.

This makes the vitality aura useless almost( except summoners) so maybe buff that aura a bit as wel or just make summons benefit a tiny bit less from the new buffed aura.

Mmmm so many intricate workings.

Peace

Side note, careful no to buff low life shavs RF builds even more.
Stay out of the shadows
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
+1
I think most of the useless affixs are put in there to decrease the chances of you making a gg item.
I see no other use.

Yes you are probably right about that, which is of course absolutely unnecessary since the chance of actually getting a high mod is pretty low. Good luck getting tyrannical affix with one exalted orb for example... :-)

If I then happen to be so damn lucky to get the max Life regeneration suffix bracket, could it please be slightly useful? I mean it should be considered a lucky roll if I get the max bracket right?

Fixing this would also make Life based RF build feasible again.
"
loofabits wrote:
while we are at it, why should a max item level base be able to roll a low bracket mod. while we are at it, every unique should have it's drop rate increased by 11000%. while we are at it we should just have an item generator so you can just spawn a perfectly rolled item

Why don't you just go back to Diablo 3 and stack Strength, vitality, armor and resistances? With your "logic" there should only be a few useful mods, anything else should be trash. So why then create the illusion of having a great item system with alot of affixes if they are all useless? I think I prefer the dumbed down Diablo 3 version then.

Luckily this isn't the case and it's just a few affixes that needs to be tweaked. Tweaking these affixes will not make it any easier to roll a perfect piece of gear. It will just mean that different affixes could be useful for some specific builds. So that when I actually do find an item with the top rolls, it could be good, even though it's not +100 Life and 40 all res.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info