Prizes for new Default/Hardcore leagues

"
Cacia wrote:

If the dollar figure is the same then they are being paid the same.

You might want to rethink that last sentance.

Their dollars are worth more than yours.

This isn't actually debatable :b
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
KoTao wrote:
Re Event Prizes:

While i think strong prize pools are great, i also think that there needs to be a better payout system than equal weight randomization. An orb points system where players can redeem their orb points for orbs at sensible rates from a vendor would work well. It would also allow players to combine points from several low finishes to purchase high end orbs they generally wouldnt win or have an easy time finding or trading for.

As long as the "currency" used for orb redemption is different from that which is available from the "cash shop" then it may OK.

Would hate to see these orb points becoming a cash shop item.

Wouldn't be easier to just balance the prizes by removing the random factor? And if you don't get the orbs you want in the prize pack then trade for them in the market.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

I do however think that the prizes in races should be weighted.

All your points are completely valid, and I would be fine with the adjustment you're proposing. If orb rewards were weighted, though, you'd have to probably double or triple the number.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Why? You don't want 45 Glassblower Baubles? :P
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
Cacia wrote:

If the dollar figure is the same then they are being paid the same.

You might want to rethink that last sentance.

Their dollars are worth more than yours.

This isn't actually debatable :b

I thought maybe it was a mistake on your part but apparently you believe it.

Just because you say it isn’t debatable does not make it true.

The dollars are the same. It does not matter where they came from. They have identical purchasing power. That’s it. It’s that simple.

Your attempt to over complicate the simple is what is confusing you. I’m not trying to disrespect you here but you are flat out wrong.
Last edited by Cacia on Oct 8, 2012, 10:24:53 PM
just lmfao at some of the responses in this thread, especially the diamond supporter on about currency rewards for "no-lifers". Do you know what type of game this is? Are you thick?

I have a fulltime job and still manage to hit level 40 in the 1 week races just playing a couple of hours a day. Remove the currency rewards and quite simply...people wont both playing in the leagues, they will just play high-level map content where they can pickup a 1kES chest drop worth a week of grinding hard in a league.

"
Dodging_Rain wrote:
There are many different incentive to these race and I hope that the races is able to cater to many of these different desire, whether prize, fame, self-improvement, competitive means, or simply a different environment. I may not agree with one person that they must play in the race for competitive mean, or to be well known, but I do respect and acknowledge their reason and I believe the race is enough to cater all of our desire. And if not, well, they cannot please everyone.

In terms of discussing about the prize, my own concern is that that more common rare orbs as prizes can alter the game economy more than it needs or that the economy becomes more reliant on races or other competitions which, in my humble opinion, is not very desirable as it makes it far easier to power-game upwards as oppose to someone that only decides to participate once in a while (especially due to real life limitations).

Last note: Perhaps this topic should be opened in a more appropriate sub-forums so we can discuss this (hopefully) in a more beta-testing perspective.

Thank you.

if someone doesnt play the game a tonne, they will have a much lower chance of attaining powerful end-game equipment (be it bought or found). This cannot be bridged, the game still has the fundamentals of a time sink.
"
bingobill wrote:
just lmfao at some of the responses in this thread, especially the diamond supporter on about currency rewards for "no-lifers". Do you know what type of game this is? Are you thick?

I have a fulltime job and still manage to hit level 40 in the 1 week races just playing a couple of hours a day. Remove the currency rewards and quite simply...people wont both playing in the leagues, they will just play high-level map content where they can pickup a 1kES chest drop worth a week of grinding hard in a league.

Um..... Hate to burst your bubble, but AFAIK no one has picked up a 1k ES chest.

I picked up a 904..... But I play enough to qualify for damn near a full time job.
"
BazzV5 wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
Re Event Prizes:

While i think strong prize pools are great, i also think that there needs to be a better payout system than equal weight randomization. An orb points system where players can redeem their orb points for orbs at sensible rates from a vendor would work well. It would also allow players to combine points from several low finishes to purchase high end orbs they generally wouldnt win or have an easy time finding or trading for.

As long as the "currency" used for orb redemption is different from that which is available from the "cash shop" then it may OK.

Would hate to see these orb points becoming a cash shop item.

Wouldn't be easier to just balance the prizes by removing the random factor? And if you don't get the orbs you want in the prize pack then trade for them in the market.

I like the orb points idea alot, another thing to keep us busy ingame (saving up points and looking forward to the stuff you'll be able to buy is always fun imo) and an extra incentive for people with less play time to participate in every race with the limited time they have.

Can't imagine GGG would ever sell this kind of currency in the cash shop since it would be against their policy about (ethical) micro transactions and it would make the game P2W.

As for the no life vs casual rewards discussion, to me it's a completely normal situation that when a person is investing more time into a game he is getting more rewards at the end of the race.

That's how life rolls, If I work 10h/day more than my colleague I expect to be better paid at the end of the month as well.

What's the point of working hard for something if at the end of the day everyone is getting the same reward?

Last edited by Twinseeker on Oct 9, 2012, 4:34:04 PM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Um..... Hate to burst your bubble, but AFAIK no one has picked up a 1k ES chest.

I picked up a 904..... But I play enough to qualify for damn near a full time job.

Actually, it has happened and I saw the evidence with the linked items.
Research can't start without a thought process. Listing and organizing is important, but to make it worthwhile to oneself requires thought.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info