Custom Avatar Gallery 1 (updated 29th May, 2014)

"
I have no idea what I'd do without you, good sir.

Always glad to be of help.

I'm posting this here mainly to help myself detect the missing avatars but maybe it would also interest you.

The List in Alphabetical Order
4hyuna
777isHARDCORE
_Lokken
Abattoir
ac429
AFoolsIdol
AllSpark501
Alphaman
Alros
Altnaharra
Antnee
ARPGFan
Astennu
Aux
Awanya
Bada_Bing
barl
ben121
Bison69
Bogi
Bossland
Bossland
Brixtan
Bunnu
Caovi
carcasjak
CastaBlanca
Ceri
Charan: Heeding the Call

This is from my volunteer moderator days. A player called Epsil0n suggested the idea, so I ran with it.
CharanJaydemyr: The Goddess Fulfilled

I believe this was the first ever avatar. It was meant to represent the last kill of the 'Goddess', my custom sword, but has been since contradicted.
charlot1993
]
CliveHowlitzer: Danger is like jello. There's always room for more.
Conduct
CoolEdge
Covert: Freedom to Fish

A marauder has given up his murderous ways for a life of fishing. Zombies party and rejoice in the background.
Crotonhurst
cryptc
Cyrenus
darkviper777
decro024
DevilJade
Dinovash
DLKY
dlrr
dmouze
Doeboy1337
domoleus
DoomCloud
DoucheGod
Dracule
Dragon585
Dropbear_Victim
Durentis
Elynole
Ephetat: The Dead Witch

The woman in the avatar is a Witch, but not specifically Alira. The circlet is intended to give that away, of course. Her assassin is intended to be a Shadow, who actually specializes in Damage over Time -- the copious amount of blood is a reference to Puncture, and the facial expression on the Witch is supposed to be the effects of a Poison.
EpsilonWhale
Erkyn
EvilParfait
Facelicker
Fall3nLeg3nds
fatalis77
fightgarr
Fireknight
Fiveby5
floytesangen
Fougner
Fourist
Fr0zenice
FuliginCloak
GameJohnny
Gangdu
ghoest
GRishi
Gulruon
Hakurei
hegemonytv
Hellpyre
hoargald
Hrishi: Dark Ritual

The avatar was based off one of my favorite MTG cards of all time. It is Dark Ritual, of course. When designing my Unique, I modeled how the unique would look like after this art, so I thought the avatar would be fitting to follow suit.
Hyaon
Hypnotiks
iamacyborg
ililolili
isildria
Jarchan
jonzi
jujuman
KaboomzZz
Kaysee: Who ya gunna call?
kickacid
Kickaha
kingkongor
Kinne
Kohrock
Koreapsu
Koreapsu
Kraide
Kristen
Kyliathy
Lachdanan
Lachis
Lagruell
Lazerus
LegoftheBull
LeHeup80
Leivi
LivingLegend
Lyralei
machetesavane
magiceffect
MaidenPain
marremurt
masama
Maverickroll
MayhemBane
MDKris
Meridin
MesostelZe
metisuneatn
metronomy
Mizzaji
MonkeyBizNiz
MonopolyLegend: Kiwi's Hoard

Kiwi's Hoard was originally based on the idea of a dragon standing guard over his hoard of loot. I chose the Golden Kiwi because it has been my preferred companion since early in Closed Beta even though I do own other kiwis. The Templar was added afterwards as homage to my favorite character and my prior, basic avatar - the Templar.
MonstaMunch
Mornings
Morsexier: Berserker Rage

I always loved the 'Berserk' units in the Myth game series by Bungie. This was my homage to that style.
Munion
Myrmi
Neokolzia
Nickoladze
nimbukie
NotACuckroach
NuclearRaven
NuclearRaven
obadonke
Ocylix: Ungil's Assassin

A Skelton Duelist wearing a leather armour, wielding 2 Ungil's Gauche, shattering frozen undead enemies in his wake.
Oroboro
OverusedChewToy
OzHawkeye
peachii
Perusoe
piscator123
pls
PoorJoy
Praf: Not Alone

This image is supposed to represent hope and the will to go forward in the long run, game or real life :)
PrpnNightmare
Puffinmypurp
ransagy
Rays
ReilyMichaelson
reimur
Richmoney
Rmpz
]
RulerofAsgard
Scarian
Semizzle
sharkh20
Sinner7808
SirLoin
Skivverus
Sneakypaw: The Last Stand

The Old One awakened and the only thing left standing in his way, is one big mutant teenage ninja turtle Kiwi.
Sonto
spinexion
StDrakeX
Taylorfest
Ten_of_Swords
]
Tertium_Quid
therestless
Thyrandor
Tink
Traviscosity
treptw
tropane
TrueOmega
Twinseeker
Tynie
ualac
Viperesque
Virtual_NooB
Vokradice
Weezamon
Whoaness
Wittgenstein
Wolfpox
Xedralya
Xenest: Guardian Angel

This image is similar to one of the few angel tattoos on my arm. I believe that there comes a point in everyone's life where they discover their own Guardian Angel. The feeling of having someone or something watching over you, protecting you, is so great I can't even describe it. You must feel it for yourself, then you will know.
xNotch
xSyK0TiC
XvXReaperXvX
yaymos
yoshichan
Zahndethus
Zand
Zand
zeels90
Zelpo
zerodin11
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Last edited by ignarsoll on May 27, 2014, 3:17:02 PM
Ignarsoll bossland is listed 2x with the same avatar?

I am assuming the ones listed 2x have had different arts made for them? Or supported 2x ?

Anyway something is up with bossland, since the other ones listed double have unique avatars allocated to them? :)

And i freaking love some of these concepts and artist's.

Whoever at GGG reading his, big applause to the concept drawers.

Little gems in here.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Ignarsoll bossland is listed 2x with the same avatar?

I am assuming the ones listed 2x have had different arts made for them? Or supported 2x ?

Anyway something is up with bossland, since the other ones listed double have unique avatars allocated to them? :)

And i freaking love some of these concepts and artist's.

Whoever at GGG reading his, big applause to the concept drawers.

Little gems in here.

I guess you're right, nice catch! I just ordered Charan's list so the same problem exists in the OP.

I should probably create the list from scratch and compare the difference with the current one, I'll give it a go when I have proper time for this.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
I considered alphabetical order but I like adding them as they're done. Given we're showcasing art, chronological order seems more appropriate.

Added NotACuckroach and Taylorfest.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
"
Charan wrote:
I considered alphabetical order but I like adding them as they're done. Given we're showcasing art, chronological order seems more appropriate.

Added NotACuckroach and Taylorfest.

I agree, keep it chronological.

Liking the updates, nice work.
Last edited by taylorfest on May 27, 2014, 9:15:35 PM
I've noticed differing border frame styles. Do you guys get to pick from a selection?
"
I've noticed differing border frame styles. Do you guys get to pick from a selection?

I wasn't offered a choice so I assume you get a different border based on which supporter pack got you the avatar.
Same deal as the portrait borders. That makes sense.

Someday when I can afford it, I suppose :)
I got my first draft today! It was almost perfect, so maybe in a few days I can join the ranks.
"...we try not to be dicks." - Mark
"...i speke good englesh" - Rhys
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl
"
taylorfest wrote:
"

I wasn't offered a choice so I assume you get a different border based on which supporter pack got you the avatar.

The one you have is the one being used now but you can request the other border if you like it better.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info